PAETENIANS CAMPING 2000
Camping Dates : July 21, 2000 (Friday) to July 23, 2000 (Sunday)
Day 1 (Friday)
- 10:00 AM to noon - Arrival and Campsite registration and orientation.
- Noon - Lunch (KKB).
- 2:00 PM - Tent / cabin set-up begins (may begin earlier if the site is already vacant).
- Rest of the afternoon - Free time/campground sightseeing and orientation.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner (KKB)
- Evening - Breakout sessions (your choice of):
Day 2 (Saturday)
6:00 AM (or earlier)- Choice of: Practice your swing at the Golf Driving Range or Fishing at the Grand River.
7:00-9:00 AM - Breakfast at the campsite (courtesy of PI Canada members).
Morning - Break out sessions (your choice of):
Click here for details of all the activities available at the Bingemans Water and Amusement Park.
11:30AM - 2:00 PM - Lunch at the campsite (courtesy of PI Canada members)
Afternoon - Program and sporting events:
7:00 PM - Dinner at the campsite (courtesy of PI Canada members).
Evening - Breakout sessions (your choice of):
Day 3 (Sunday)
6:00 AM (or earlier)- Choice of: Golf Driving Range or Fishing at the Grand River
8:00 to 10 AM - Breakfast in the campsite (KKB).
10:00 AM- Community Mass in the campground
Morning - Break out sessions (your choice
Noon - Lunch (KKB)
1:30 PM - Your choice of:
The following services will be available throughout the duration of the Camping 2000 event:
1. Internet CyberTent - we will put up a computer with Internet connection in our area. People wanting to surf the Net to check their e-mails or to simply find out what the Internet is all about can use the computer for a small fee (to be determined later). If you have your own e-mail accounts, be sure to bring with you the following information: your POP3 Server name, your user ID and your password so that you can access your emails from the CyberTent. Alternatively, you can get a free web-based email account (such as Hotmail or Yahoo) and re-direct your emails to that account during your vacation.
2. Video Coverage - there will be an official videographer in the site to capture your most memorable moments and preserve them for posterity. The Camping 2000 Official video tapes will be available for sale at a price to be determined later.
3. Souvenir Pictures - we will have an official photographer on site with a digital camera and a colour printer to take your photos on the spot so that you can bring them home with you at the end of the camping.
4. Souvenir T-Shirts - are being designed by our talented trio of Tony Ludovico, Aurea Peregil and Somy Asido and will be available for sale during the camping at a price to be announced later.
The following tourist attractions are minutes away from Bingeman's:
Adventures-On-The-Grand River. Situated in the midst of one of the few CAROLINIAN FOREST ecological zones in Canada. River operations commenced in the summer of 1996 at the company's facilities that are located on 230 acres along the banks of the Grand River just north of Paris, Ontario. Fun for the whole family. There's something here for everyone in the family to enjoy -- from youngsters to teens to mom & dad to grandparents. Guided raft tours, hiking and biking along the nearby RAIL TRAIL, shopping, afternoon tea, canoe & bike rentals... there's lots to do here!
Grand Experiences. Come to GRAND EXPERIENCES for a Mini Vacation... and Experience the view from their backyard Located on the Grand River in the Heart of Paris, Ontario.
Grand River Canoe. After renting you canoes or "sit-on-top" kayaks, they will drive you up river in their shuttle van. This is done at the start of your trip so you paddle or float back to your car! They also rent mountain bikes. They come with a helmet, a bottle of water and a map showing routes along paved and unpaved country roads, paved trails, and single track too (beginner to pro stuff).
Grand River Dinner Cruises. Big Creek Boat Farm is a family owned business that specializes in full-day packages that are built around a relaxing dinner cruise on the beautiful Grand River. Your day or evening package includes a delicious roast beef meal served on board while cruising the beautiful Grand River. Plus shopping, entertainment, and a visit to a Genuine Native Craft Shop.
St. Jacobs Farmers' Market. About 3 miles from the campground. Everybody's favourite! The St. Jacobs Farmers' and Flea Market offers a huge selection of regional and international foods including meats, cheese, produce and homestyle baking. There are also local arts and crafts, a large factory outlet mall, pet farm, horse-drawn trolley rides and so much more! There is definitely something for everyone.
Doon Heritage Crossroads. Turn back the clock to the beginning of the 20th Century during a visit to Doon Heritage Crossroads. You will experience first hand a day in the country -- on two farms, restored 1914 village and over 60 acres of environmentally protected woods and marshland.
Stratford Festival Theatre. About 15 miles from the campground. Begin your tour with a relaxing luncheon at Bingemans followed by a scenic drive to Stratford where you will take in a play at the renowned Festival Theatre. Complete your Stratford experience with a visit to the local Galleries and unique shops. The following theatre shows are scheduled at the Stratford Festival during the Camping 2000:
Fiddler on the
Roof- July 21 & 22 (8:00 PM)
The Joseph Schneider Haus Museum and Gallery. A dynamic community museum in downtown Kitchener. The heart of the complex is the fine Georgian frame farmhouse built by one of the area's first pioneers, Joseph Schneider, a Pennsylvania-German Mennonite. A local landmark and Kitchener's oldest dwelling, the c. 1816 homestead was restored and furnished to period and opened as a living history museum in 1981.
Woodside National Historic Site. The boyhood home of William Lyon Mackenzie King, Canada's longest-serving Prime Minister. Splendid historic grounds and the decor of the meticulously furnished rooms change with the seasons, offering a variety of experiences throughout the year. Costumed guides, interpretive and school programs, seasonal events, an exhibit and audio-visual programs present and interpret the life of this great Canadian.
Green Valley Bicycle Adventures. If you are a biking enthusiast, you can bring your bike with you (or rent one here) and join a group tour which you can combine with a train and canoe ride.
Paris Factory Outlet and Flea Market.This is the place to find that antique or get the newest and catchiest goods available anywhere. You can also find accessories, sporting goods, electronics, CDs, cassettes, household goods, spices, tools, jewellery, food, produce, plants, novelties, antiques, The variety is mind boggling!
The magnificent Niagara Falls is 1 3/4 hours drive from Bingemans. For out-of-town guests, a side-trip to Niagara Falls is a must. There is a saying that if you go to Toronto and you didn't see the Falls, you can't really say that you've been to Toronto. While there, you might as well try your luck at the Casino Niagara,