PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criteria of the Essay Contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Essay Contest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vermad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Criteria of the Essay Contest Reply with quote

Criteria for the Essay Contest

I – Content/Idea [35%]

The most important criterion for an essay contest is the content. Does the writing contain ideas addressing the topic? Does the writing answer the question? Is the idea doable?

II – Grammar/Punctuation. [15%]

Any respectable writing must follow the standard and acceptable grammar and punctuation of that language. Are the sentences complete? Are the paragraphs well written? Is the correct use of punctuation employed?

III – Presentation [25%]

Are the arguments compelling or convincing? Are the ideas presented in a logical manner? Is the flow of thought easy to follow?

IV – Diction – Correct Choice of Words. [25%]

Are words properly and correctly used? Are the ideas clear, so that the reader won’t say: What does s/he mean by that word, or phrase or sentence?

N.B. The purpose behind this contest, aside from getting answers to the question of the main topic, is to give an opportunity to our pupils to express themselves in written language: Pilipino or English.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mam lili

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Pagsulat ng Sanaysay Reply with quote

Kailan po ito magsisimula muli ang palisahan at kailan ang deadline ng pagsusumite nito. Salamat po.
vermad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mam lili wrote:
Kailan po ito magsisimula muli ang palisahan at kailan ang deadline ng pagsusumite nito. Salamat po.

Nagsimula ito ng lumabas ang unang resuscitated posting. Ipinauubaya ko na sa mga teachers at principals ang deadline. Alam ninyo ang School Year Schedule. Sige, dali-dali at baka amagin ang premyo! Wink

Just send the best 10 essays from each school. Don't put any indication or sign that will reveal the school of origin. Kayo ang mga member ng screening committee. Let entries be entered only with Pen-names.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mam lili

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: essay contest Reply with quote

Kindly send us instructions on how and where they could send the selected "sanaysay" after following the mechanics of your contest.
Thank you sir.
vermad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: essay contest Reply with quote

mam lili wrote:
Kindly send us instructions on how and where they could send the selected "sanaysay" after following the mechanics of your contest. Thank you sir.

Mam Lili:

Thanks for your reply. Let me answer the two important questions you asked.

HOW? Please send contest entries as direct text or attachment in an email.

WHERE? Please send contest entries to my email: virgilm@paete.org.

I will take care of posting them in Usap-Paete for our judges to assess.

How are the other two schools, PES and IES? We are looking forward to your participation. This will be a great opportunity for the children to use their newly gained knowledge of the Internet. We have a little incentive of money prizes.

May I repeat my request that you, people involved in the contest in all three schools, to determine the deadline. You know your school calendar better than we do.

Please don't hesitate to ask any question relative to the contest. We hope to hear from you again and start receiving some entries soon.
Juvy Limlengco-Alberto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Essay Writing Contest Reply with quote

Regards!!

I am the class adviser of the pilot class 6-Roxas, PES. Presently, we are in the process of selecting the 10 school entries. Every member of my class participated in the writing activity. Excited sila sa cash prize. Sabi po ninyo konti lang ang cash prize pero para sa mga bata, malaking bagay na po yun para ma motivate sila.

Don't worry we're working on it!

Sana po wag munang i- post yung mga mauunang magpadala entries. Sabay-sabay na lang po.

Thank you very much

Juvy L. Alberto
vermad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Essay Writing Contest Reply with quote

Juvy Limlengco-Alberto wrote:
Sana po wag munang i- post yung mga mauunang magpadala entries. Sabay-sabay na lang po.

Ms. Juvy Limlengco-Alberto:

Great suggestion! Tama nga ang pamamaraang ito, upang ang mga mahuhuling magpadala ay hindi makapangopya doon sa mga nauna. Tungkol naman sa deadline, ano baga ang kuro-kuro ng mga teachers?

Salamat po! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Essay Contest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum