PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Season 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Wok with Somy (cook, work, walk)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somyga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Winter Season 2008 Reply with quote

Hello! Please allow me to share with you a taste of winter.
Welcome to our Winter Storms in Toronto, Canada. Taken during the most recent
storms we had,Feb. 6 /08. what you're about to see are pics taken on the first day.
Place: Gordon Baker Rd./ Victoria Park Ave. Time: 10:00 a.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your focus on the amount of snow fall in the early Wednesday morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Branches of pine trees are weighed down, the only trees that endures winter days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This photos are not black/ white, you'll notice later on. The sidewalks are covered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my new workplace. Mitchell Family Books (Christian Book Store).
Look closer you'll be able to read the sign for our Winter Sale- Feb. 7 / 2008.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, Canada our home and native land... it's been my home for the last 28 years.
To the left is our entrance to the store.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somy came to pick me up after work at 5:00 p.m. it was already that dark because
of the storm. This was at the front of the store. I'm all wrapped-up, but the temp.
wasn't so bad it was only -4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just remember, this was the 1st day. Somy took this one at the balcony after we arrive
home. You'll see later what a difference a day makes (just like the song goes).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More snow... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember in 2005 when we moved to Victoria Park? That's how it looks now, I
mean when this was taken, of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu and Mitch having a good conversation about a book in the Bible Genesis 1:26
What it meant? Then God said,"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and
let them rule over all the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock over all
the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground." My answer to my
son Mitch was and is, the "OUR IMAGE" means " God the Father, God the Son and
God the Holy Spirit." Although he argues, there's only ONE GOD ( that's true).
God sent his son Jesus to SAVE US from ALL OF OUR SINS. jUST IMAGINE he
came to this world poor, humbled himself to us, most of all FORGAVE US ALL.
That's how awesome HIS LOVE is. Can we match ourselves to Jesus' love? So, who
are we not to forgive someone who wronged us? betrayed us, hurt us, insulted us?
belittled us? laughed at our weaknesses? our uglyness, our imperfection, our failures
in life? and so much more you can probably add on. God loves us, WE are HIS.
Where do you think we will be if Jesus didn't come to save us?, not in heaven.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such a rare and precious moment this was with my son- it was priceless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu and Mitch again it's getting serious now (Somy).
Just take a look at that, we're actually reading the Bible together, God's word, truth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch & Lulu again...it is getting well, (Somy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu trying to explain to our son, Mitch (Somy).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi? You're still with us? Here now are pics taken on the 2nd day- the day after.
Feb. 7 / 08. This one was taken at 8:30 a.m. the bus service was still going on time.

Here's that chair again. This time I started taking pictures while getting ready for the
day - I had to be at work (store was still in business that day).

overlooking the view from our apt. (Scarborough) the beautiful view white all over.

Finch and Vic. Pk. Ave. Notice the bus stop? People waiting for the bus at 8 a.m.
This was taken from my bedroom window, I couldn't risk going out to take a shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was same place (Gordon Baker Rd.) only difference? No more sidewalk,
people were walking on the road, drivers were kind enough to share the road.
I think the snow fall was about 25 cm. over night on top of the existing snow fall.
Would you agree, I took a pretty good photo inspite of the cold weather.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Same road, more snow. 'want some snow?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitchell Family Books - I arrived at work an hour later, buses were so slow.
TTC drivers don't like winter - can't blame them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian can't wait for winter to be over. At least there's only about 5 - 6 weeks to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope you enjoyed watching the pictures we've taken. Winter storms this year -
we've been through about 4 - 5 storms. It rains after the fall, that's kind of unusual.
What you saw here, winter really used to be this way everyday. Now, we don't get as
much, so we really can't complain. At the time when A.Dee and family were there,
everyone getting sick, I had a bit of the flu myself. Somy and I decided we stayed home
rather than getting ev'ryone sick. Tatay,A.Becky,K.Pat K.Jun and K.Mel celebrated
the New Year's eve together. Our kids had their own plans with their friends.
Then Jesse and Mel got married - I was still sick. Oh, but what a great year this will be.
There's everything we need, family is getting bigger. Somy and I are going to be
Lolo and Lola. So how's Lola Lulu going to sound like? Not sure, yet. Mel is due April 22.
We'll keep you all posted. We thank you all for being patient. Please send us your
comment and let us know how you've been. Thanks for the pasalubongs, your
thoughfulness we always appreciate. Thanks for you hospitality while my siblings
and their families were there.I heard that K.Bert and A.King will be coming back tonight.
Regards to all the Maria's and their hubby's and kids. Keep well and stay in touch.
God bless you, He is there watching over you and listening to all your prayers and
most of all He knows you,loves you.
Bye for now. We love you all.

Somy and Lulu ( how's 'Nanay Lulu' sound like? )

vermad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Winter Wonderland Reply with quote

Somy:

Your shots are indeed beautiful. However, do you enjoy driving on snow? We have had mild weather until yesterday, when within few hours the temperature dipped to below zero. It was 11 degrees below zero this morning [Feb.11] the coldest day of winter. Luckily, we don't have snow. We can take the cold sans snow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ludy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Hi Somy and Lulu Reply with quote

Ngayon mo lang nakwento na sa Christian Book Store nagtratrabaho si Lulu...sarap naman. Dun ako lagi nakatambay sa mga Christian Stores he he he...daming nalalaman sa mga katotohanan ng buhay with Jesus at the center...

Tungkol dun sa OUR IMAGE...Our Father, the Son, Jesus and the Holy Spirit...share ko itong intindi ko ha...when we were young, we know that there is God...then Jesus...when we grow and know Jesus and have a true lasting/stronger relationship with His son, Jesus...now, as we become true Christian and baptized by the Holy Spirit, then we cannot do those things we used to do and we used to believe then...we have the Holy Spirit guiding us now...to become like Jesus...

More more more...Lulu, sarap mo naman, so share mo sa akin ang mga books na recommended mo...dun nauubos ang retirement income ko hahahahaha pagkatapos kong basahin, eh ipinamimigay ko din...share me the discounts he he he

Love you in Christ name,
DaLuds
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Wok with Somy (cook, work, walk) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: