PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

paete basketball legends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rey b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your dad is from m.h.del pilar? (Rampants) your uncle is boy ula,then i can honestly say that your dad was one of the key player of our team, very fast and he loves to shoot in either corner, the team has our current mayor at center, benny cagayat and uwil valdelleon at forward,pempe cainto(+) and your dad makes the first five. We use to have hermogenes adao,jaime bagabaldo(+),narding galaboc(+) onie cadawas(+)abet bagalso,rolan evangelista(+)can't remember other team members,there is one tranquilino,henio cagayat, i think and were coached by kang nading bagalso. Your dad is an outstanding player, his jumpshot is formidable. I left in 1967 so as benny in 1966 and we lost track but still in touch.I'm sure you are a good bb player 2.Did'nt know much about your grandpa,but i heard he's one of the top guns of paete team.Goodluck 2 you.
rey b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new PisoCal president, Gil Adea is planning to acknowledge our bb legends(seniors thats still with us) we have come up with 2 possibly 3, namely Tuwad C,Bagio and idel haba. Although dante and fred are legends we just want to give the first awards to our senior legends, so, please helps our new president to find those first 5 awardee.Your input is greatly appreciated.
fredmc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Living Basketball Legends Reply with quote

Gil Adea's plan to give recognition award to our Seniors Basketball Legends is nice. Yes, those three mentioned (Julio Baguio, Tuwad Cadawas, and Idel Caidic) were Paete Seniors All Stars. Their contemporaries were Eddie Palatino (St. James team), and Pablo Adea (Super King), and Cezar Madridejos (Wildcat) and Doming Caidic (another haba for Wildcats) who also deserve special mention. Perhaps Doc Tabia, also a good Wildcats player can give his opinion on this.

I think Dante Valdellon deserves to be among Paete's legend. Although we were contemporaries as Midgets and Juniors when he was a rising star, he continued to flourish as Paete's formidable player. Some of us became stagnant though...Naiwan na kami. I was just contented in playing at UST Employees League and Bank of P.I. Inter-Department tournaments. I was just glad to be mentioned together with Dante and others, but I consider myself not at the same level as those real legends. There are more deserving players of Paete who should be recognized for their athletic abilities.

FredMC
hpc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Open 'yon (opinion) Kaya Pumasok na Ako. Reply with quote

Baka pwedeng isali sa mga living legends sa paglalaro ng basketball sina Ogie Adao at Isko Cagandahan ng Jubilee.

Sa mga junior players naman ay nasisipat ko sina Dante V., Vitok Aguinaldo, Cesar Caguin, Nestor Afurong, Rene Balandra, Junior Cadapan.

Sa mga midgets naman ay sina Sosing Madridejos, Noling Navarro, J

Sa mga mas bata pa ay sina Vlady Villanueva, Dan Basa, Andy Baldemor, ___ Baroga, Henie Adao.

Kung Closed 'Yon (conclusion). Mas marami pang gumaling na mga kabataan players nitong huling panahon.
Ming

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Mga hinahangaan noon Reply with quote

Bakit kaya hindi nababanggit si Jimmy Cadang ng Black Hawk na talaga namang sikat noon at sa tapang at galing ay hinangaan ko.

At si Boy Calabig ng Alcanars, isang prolific scorer at sikat na lider ng nasabing koponan. Isama na rin si Alex Valdecantos.

Si Dante Valdellon ang sa ganang akin ang pinakamagaling at pinakamatapang noong kapanahunan niya sa Paete.

Ming
fredmc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: In my opinion Reply with quote

Sang-ayon ako sa mga comments ni Hermy (hpc) at ni Ming. Dito sa States merong mga Sports Hall of Fame. Botohan at karaniwan yata ay mga sports writers ang bumoboto. Pag All Stars season, fans ang pumipili, plus may boto rin ang mga players/coaches. Para sa akin, puedeng bigyan ng karapatan rin ang mga players na bumoto ng basketball legends, except hindi puedeng bumoto sa sarili. Ang mga players mismo ang makakapagsabi kung sino talaga ang pinakamahigpit nilang kalaban, o hinahangaan. Puede ring may committee composed of impartial judges.

Kung ako ang boboto as a player for the Junior Legends, heto ang
aking pipiliin sa mga kaalinsabay kong maglaro:

Dante Valdellon - Raiders
Boy Calabig - Alcanars
Benjie Cajumban - Dribblers
Bitok Aguinaldo &
Nestor Edlagan - Interwood/EastPly
Cezar Caguin - Original Knights

FredMC
reyb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time for all of us bb fanatics to start a Paete Basketball Association so we can preserve the notoriety of our bb legends and the future legends in the making. The replies to this topic is incredibly rich of history and we should preserve it. We should appoint somebody locally to start the association and start registering members. We can't afford to lose anymore living legends, we have to tapped their minds so we can preserve their basketball memories. Junior Cadapan, Raul Adea and some of our players from ibaba, quinale, maytoong & bagumbayan can put their heads together and get this going. I'm sure there's a lot of us here that will support this cause. The sooner the better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwede po siguro na Paete Dribblers Assoiation, para maging open sa lahat ng mga basketball enthusiast dito sa ating bayan at maging sa mga taga paete na nasa bang lugar o bansa.
rob_bombet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anong team po ba noon si boy pagalanan na aking ama na balita ko magaling daw po noong araw at matanong ko narin po si edil pagalanan na aking lolo kase lagi skin sinasabi n hindi raw ako nagmana sa kanila pero naglalaro talaga ako basketball...
rey b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, i would like to repeat myself, that i am not by any means an authority to make decision, i was just a messenger by the PicoCal president to look for the first 5 bb legends to be recognized. I concur with all the recommendation. The following is just my recommendation. The 1st 5 : Tuwad, Baguio, Idel Haba, Pabling and although i didnt really remember Mr. Eddie Palatino, its overwhelming that he gets there to. In order for us to cont. we must have an association to make this awardee's official. Please have your input by all means. The name Paete Dribblers Association maybe not be appropriate since we know we have dribblers team and it will be to bias to use it. Gil put your input asap, you have a lot of people willing and able to help you. Lets hear from everybody.
dante v

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: paete bb legends Reply with quote

kumusta kayong lahat medyo matagal na rin itong topic na ito,but we can still wait untill this is forgotten,only us basketball fanatics and former basketbolista ang interesado sa topic na ito many of our kababayan is not so much concerned about this,anyway I want to ask the real name of tuwad cadawas we are very closed buddy before but still I didn't know his real name,please somebody give his real name..ito ang aking pili para sa senior BB Legends...1.Edil Caidic..2. Julio Bagio..3. "tuwad" Cadawas.. 4.Cezar Madridejos.. 5.Baby Madrigal.., Pablo Adea.... for junior division BB Legends... 1. Cezar Caguin.. 2.Junior Cadapan.. 3.Fred Cagayat.. 4.Bitok Aguinaldo.. 5.Boy Calabig.. Rene Balandra,,, Nading Bagalso many more but let somebody make their choice.. for midget division... 1. Jimmy Cadang+...2. Noling navarro... 3. Maning Bagalso... marami pa but I can't remember their name so it is up to you guys to select some more names. for kids division I'll let somebody make their choice.. OK na lang mga kababayan just want to spare some of my time.. good luck to all...dv
Dante V's fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: paete bb legends Reply with quote

dante v wrote:
.....anyway I want to ask the real name of tuwad cadawas we are very closed buddy before but still I didn't know his real name,please somebody give his real name.....dv

I still remember some people calling him Peping, so his real name must be Jose or Pepito. But I think it's Jose..

Kumusta na?

cvafuang
dito sa Chicago
dante v

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: paete bb legends Reply with quote

Kumusta Cezar lagi kitang nakikita dito sa usap,mabuti naman at ok na ok ka at ang familya, hindi ko malilimutan ang mga nakaraan namin nina insan doming,noon ang stambayan namin ay sa inyong terrace sa harap ng bahay ninyo, mareng Lily is very closed friend of mine,many times she helps me at my homeworks when we were in high school gawa ng laging nasa plaza lunod sa basketball noon.o ano kumusta diyan sa chicago marami kayo diyan ano akoy isa laang dito sa north of thailand pero marami ding mga pinoy karamihan ay christian missionario at mga english teachers.meron din kaming get together 2 times a year they are from different places from philippines so not so closed,anyway I lived here more than 40 years kaya ang mga kaibigan ko ay local thais..maitanong ko nga ikaw baga ay anong team sa kids division noon..alam ko naman na nagbasketball ka pati ang utol Elmer,nagkita kami last year august sa wawa doon yon nagjojoging. o sigi dito na laang kita kinomusta,thanks for the reply,,,,dv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: nalimutan o nakaligtaan??? Reply with quote

SI G. FLORO FADUL??? nalimutan o nakaligtaan??? maliit p lamang po ako e napapanuod ko na po sa plasa si "puloy" kung tawagin nila. masasabi ko po na isa din sa mahusay maglaro ng basketbol nuong araw. muntik na din po ata na maglaro siya sa PABL pa nuon na ngayon ay PBL na.
rey b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob bombet, check the posting by guest may 19,2009.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Basketball Reply with quote

I think the title should be Paete Baskeball Hall of Fame.
The true name of tuwad is Pepito cadawas ( classmate ko sa Grade V under Mrs. Pagalanan.) His older brother is Melito. Doming Caididc, younger brother of Edil should be highly considered. Also Celso ( Zosing ) Salceda, a bolero who played for JRC under Coach Taning Adao. No one has mentioned Edil's son who probably is the best basketball player from Paete, whose parents are both Paetenians Edil and Mercy.
Basketball of Fame should include coaches, and players of Paete descents even if they did not play in Paete leagues. And we do not need to name everyone right away for it may cheapen the honor. In US Basketball of Fame, UConn and Syracuse coaches were named only recently. My two cents... DcoTabia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felimon (Emon) Valdellon (RIP) are one to considered He Played in 7up in MICA during 70's.
cvafuang

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: paete bb legends Reply with quote

dante v wrote:
Kumusta Cezar lagi kitang nakikita dito sa usap,mabuti naman at ok na ok ka at ang familya, hindi ko malilimutan ang mga nakaraan namin nina insan doming,noon ang stambayan namin ay sa inyong terrace sa harap ng bahay ninyo, mareng Lily is very closed friend of mine,many times she helps me at my homeworks when we were in high school gawa ng laging nasa plaza lunod sa basketball noon.o ano kumusta diyan sa chicago marami kayo diyan ano akoy isa laang dito sa north of thailand pero marami ding mga pinoy karamihan ay christian missionario at mga english teachers.meron din kaming get together 2 times a year they are from different places from philippines so not so closed,anyway I lived here more than 40 years kaya ang mga kaibigan ko ay local thais..maitanong ko nga ikaw baga ay anong team sa kids division noon..alam ko naman na nagbasketball ka pati ang utol Elmer,nagkita kami last year august sa wawa doon yon nagjojoging. o sigi dito na laang kita kinomusta,thanks for the reply,,,,dv

Idol Dante,

Ayun confirmed na ni Kang Tabia, Pepito pala ang real name ni Tuwad Cadawas. Salamat Kang Tabia (long time no hear tayo ah)

Ayos lang kami dito, kaya lang palagi ng "homesick". Pagtumatanda na pala eh gusto mo ng palaging babalik where you came from. Tagal mo na pala diyan, balita ko eh 'dami mo ng pera', hehehe.

Yes, nag-laro ako noong araw with Casper, USA (barkada namin hanggang ngayon), R'Veg, Purok 2 (maytoong) and modesty aside, I also played for ELI's highschool varsity team during my junior & senior year and was with the Paete All-Star team in 1973-74 (check out our picture posted earlier in this thread by OrlynBags- I'm no. 12 Wink ). We won the Baybay towns elimination round and went to play against the winners of other Laguna towns elimination rounds. Unfortunately, wala kaming tinalo, nag-mukha kaming mga taga bundok compared to the teams of San Pablo, Binan, atb.

O sige dito na lang muna. Kumusta na rin lamang sa iyo at sa pamilya mo dyan.

cesar
rey b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as per Pisocal pres. He is getting a lot of phonecalls and suggestion and he is happy and impressed to the replies we are receiving and a lot of forgotten legend who is still with us are popping out so, he might have to increase the number of seniors legends that he planned to give the awards.The Paete Basketball Association will most likely be the committe that will select the Paete Basketball Hall of Fame. It looks like will have more than 10 seniors and for those legends that no longer with us, rest assure that they will be recognized phosthomously. Fernandez,bagcus,cadang etc.etc will be there.Its moving rapidly and the president has his contact locally as per say.Now, we all know that it will cost some money so if you would like to donate to our cause just get hold of Gil and he will explained the rest. In the meantime keep us inform of some living legends that somehow we forgot to mention.Thanks again.
fredmc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Additional Suggestions Reply with quote

I agree with the creation of Sports Hall of Fame. To include living and deceased, I suggest that the athletes be grouped according to the decades they became active/famous. Say, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and 2000 (current or in progress). The name of the team should be tagged with the selected player. Exception to the rule is in the case of Allan Caidic who I consider Basketball Player of the century based on his national outstanding achievements which in my opinion are difficult to follow.

FredMC
Ermie Fadul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Paete Basketball Legends Reply with quote

I have been following this topic and it really depicts a typical Paetenos way of talking , trading stories about basketball games. One thing that is interesting to point out is that I played during the late 80's and early 90's and the name of Amang Dante Valdellon had always been mentioned by the elders. I am a bona fide Raiders and I have no clue how much our generation gap is, your name had always been mentioned sa kanto ng Mabini at Affungol. I used to hear your name but now at least I can read your writings and see your pictures. May be I can chance upon your presence in Paete or anywhere and finally have a face to once was a name and now an upcoming local basketball legend.

Thanks,

Ermie
rey b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, our president Gil Adea would like to convey his thanks to the group thats working hard in selecting our senior legend inductees. John Guivencan (my classmates PES61), Cesar Caguin(junior legend) and Kinchong Cadapan are working diligently to get our selectee. THANK YOU GUY'S. For those of us who are here please call Gil Adea, we will post his Tel# and address after the flyers are ready. Thank you for your supports and please continue to give your input. Our local group are amazed and glad to find how many senior legends we have. Their names will be withheld till the final selection is completed.
rene bagalso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our town is well known for being resilient no matter what tragic incident hit upon us, it maybe natural or man made disasters or tragic crimes, we will survive. They are life cycles that our town has to endure and our elected officials are duly noted for easing the pain. Remember, we cannot please everybody, so lets bring a little fun in our small way. Lets revive the planned basketball legends, HOLY days are fast approching and our PISOCAL president is itching to get his legends back on the list. Our Sports Hall of Fame must be commissioned so, we preserved the rich exciting notoriety of our legends>To date, as per Gil/Paete comm. the following are recommended for award. Tuwad(Peping)Cadawas, Julio Baguio, Pablo Adea, Idel & Doming Caidic, Mr. Palatino, Cesar Madridejos, Doc Tabia and Mado Baldemor. If the name of your legend is not here, don't worry, it is not final yet, get hold of Gil/paete comm. and lets hear it. Gene Agbay, Ogie Adao, Isko Cagandahan, etc. They are our seniors. For the juniors players, Dante V, Boy Calabig, Cesar Caguin, Bitok Aguinaldo, Fred Cagayat,Maning Bagalso, Noling Navarro, etc. These heavy hitters are still with us and for those who had passed away they too will be awarded, call Gil give your input and for those who made committment to Gil send your donations. He is tentatively schedule to come home in early March 2010. We can do it. So, lets get it on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum