PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paete Family Trees

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Family Trees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Paete Family Trees Reply with quote

July 12, 2006

Nagkaroon po ng pagpupulong kaninang alas 3 ng hapon sa SB session hall ang grupo ni Opel Ac-ac kasama ang mga representante ng tatlong (3) mataas na paaralan dito sa bayan ng Paete (ELC, Liceo de Paete at PEQMNHS). Sa pangunguna po ni Opel Ac-ac ay nasimulan na ang matagalang proyekto upang mapangalagaan at maipagpatuloy ang legacy ni Tandang Dodo Mamoy Cajumban ukol sa pagtatala ng buong pamilya dito sa bayan ng paete. Photocopying of said voluminous records are now in progress with the help of Al Balquiedra while encoding will start as soon as possible with the help of volunteer students from different schools.

Taken this afternoon during the meeting

First row L to R : Kon. Odette Sunga, SK Pame dela Rosa, Catherine M. Albunag(PEQMNHS), Mrs. Bella Manabat, Mrs. Trinidad Balugay Carandang, Rosita Libranda of ELC, Ms. Dalla D. Dailo of Liceo de Paete.

At the back L to R : Opel Ac-ac, Rolando A. Afunggol, Vicente David , Jerwin Coladilla of PEQMNHS, Vice Mutuk, Sir Abeth Kagahastian of Liceo de Paete and Erick Baet.
MING BALDEMOR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: LIBRARY OF AMANG DODONG CAJUMBAN Reply with quote

For the record and for the benefit of those who have not been informed, our church-THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS- more commonly known as the Mormons, have MICROFILMED the entire library of Amang Dodong.

These records including almost all those Parish Churches and municipal records in the entire country , therefore, have been preserved forever if I may say. The original microfilms are presently kept inside a vault under a granite mountain in Utah, believed to be capable of withstanding any major catastrophe or nuclear even.

The microfilms can be requested through any of our chapel with Family History facility where volunteer workers are ready to assist.

You can go to lds.org website for further information.

Ming Baldemor
joannac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Very good project Reply with quote

Dear Kuya Mutuk, Tita Opel, and everyone else involved in this project,

What a great idea!! It sounds like a lot of work. Kang Ming did mention that it is microfilmed. What about scanning and digitalizing the book? That would be a good way of archiving also, and this will also use less space (CDs and/or DVDs occupy less space than hardcopies). That way, people can just print out what they need. It's just an idea. I wish I was there to physically help you all.

Good luck,

Joanna Very Happy
paetechie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: software? Reply with quote

hi!

inquiring how do you intend to go about this? only data collection and digitization? no plans of putting in place systems even simple family tree programs like these:

http://www.familytreemaker.com
http://www.genopro.com
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com

and countless others available

anyway, using software is easy and trivial. Data collection and verification is the hardest part of it.

This is a great and noble project indeed that should be supported for posterity's sake!
TonyB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Or these... Reply with quote

Or these.

cheers!
Tony
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat lovely girl is Marybeth Talosig Ac-ac, niece of Opel Ac-ac to her younger brother Benmar Ac-ac. She is a Political Science student at Georgetown University and is presently here in Paete for a 2 weeks vacation. She helps the group in designing programs or systems so we could be able to accomplish better use of those collected data.

I think Opel Ac-ac could explain further on this. I'm not that good on this area.

BTW, the main reason or maybe the initial one is for the preservation of the original copies of those records handwritten by Mr. Teodoro Cajumban Sr.

Last edited by mutuk on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
joannac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: free family Reply with quote

Hello all,

from http://www.familysearch.org

Personal Ancestral File (PAF) is a free genealogy and family history program. PAF allows you to quickly and easily collect, organize and share your family history and genealogy information.

Problem with this is you will need people to physically enter data, but, once that is done, then there will be a digital record of the family trees. It is probably time consuming and labor intense.

Like I said earlier, scanning the pages of the original book will probably take the same amount of time as photocopying. This way, the book will be digitalized which will have several advantages: less physical storage space and easier access (i.e. one can e-mail the files to interested people).

This is just a friendly suggestion.

Anyway, I admire you all for undertaking this project.

just me,

Joanna Very Happy
ofeliad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: family trees Reply with quote

Hello Vice M.,

Thank you very much for your and the SB's all out support to this project which make us more masipag and motivated.

Botits,

Finally magkikita na tayo next week. Nag order na kami ng deluxe version of the family tree maker program.

Tapos na naming i photocopy lahat ng pages around 3000, we have started scanning them and it will take sometime.

Through the cooperation of the 3 high school principals and teachers, we are soliciting the participation of the students to encode (using the appropriate program),continue gathering info on the family trees (231 families)

Sige Kita kits tayo rito!

Dear Joanna,

Thanks for the suggestions and enthusiasm, yes we have the same thoughts on how to go about it.

Scanning and photocopying just give double preservation to the documents. Encoding and updating them
is the real bulk of work that would probably take months or years.

I am overwhelmed by the positive responses and support of my family fellow Paetenians concerning this project.

I wish you are here to be a part of the present working team. But even from a distance you could join us.

Regards,

Opel
benyd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: sino po taga-update? Reply with quote

Insan vice,

I am wondering who is in-charge of the updates that each member of the family from any family trees send in each respective family trees thread? Kasi po, there are several updates in the Dans Family tree which was not taken up. Just asking po so that I will know whom to send my updates next time.

Salamat po.

Beny
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insan Beny,

Ako ang in-charge. Medyo nagluko yung internet connection ko sa bahay at naging hectic schedule ko nitong nakaraang mga linggo.

Silipin ko ngayon. Thanks sa follow-up. Naatabunan siguro ng mga bagong postings. Alphabetically arranged kasi ang format.

Happy V-Day!

Insan Vice
vennb
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Earlier than 1880? Reply with quote

Bise, meron bang earlier than 1880? around 1800?
Thanks.
VennB
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VennB,

Meron pa kaso ay itinigil yung pag kopya sa records ng Catholic Church. Wala na sa aking poder si Jimbol. Pinul-out at may ibang ipinagagawa sa kanya. Ang records sa simbahan na makukuha pa ay later part ng 1700.

Regards,

Vice

vennb
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: FAmily Tree Record sa Aglipayan Church Reply with quote

Paano naman po and record sa Aglipayan Church kung pwedeng isama rin dito sa Family Tree? Siguro naman po meron din na maitutulong para sa magandang hangarin. Salamat po.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Family Trees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum