PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AN APPEAL FOR A BELOVED SISTER - GENEFE MADRIDEJOS-

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Tulong Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvafuang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: AN APPEAL FOR A BELOVED SISTER - GENEFE MADRIDEJOS- Reply with quote

Dear friends, relatives & kababayans,

As requested, I am posting hereunder a letter of appeal from Genefe Madridejos-Teodoro. She is the oldest among the three children of Orlando “Ka Lando” Adefuin Madridejos & Eleonor Sta. Mina, former ELI teacher. Ka Lando is one of the 7 children of Tomas Madrigal Madridejos(+) & Felisa Cadayona Adefuin(+), all from Paete.

Thank you all,
cvafuang
Chicago

“I would like to make an appeal for humanitarian reason. My one and only sister, Nina Madridejos-Surban was just recently diagnosed with ‘Acute Myelogenous Leukemia’ (AML), a deadly disease of the blood. Her doctor (she’s in the Philippines) recommended immediate chemotherapy and bone marrow transplant.

My sister is only 30 yrs. Old, mother of 3 little children, ages 4, 2-1/2 & 1. Her husband is the lone breadwinner in the family and because they can’t afford to pay a baby sitter to take care of their kids, she has to quit her job and stay home.

Nevertheless, like most of young Filipino couples, they have full of hopes and dreams for themselves and their children. As a nurse, she’s been preparing to come over to the US to work when she suddenly became ill. Her doctor told me that time is of the essence. He said that this deadly disease is very aggressive but if treated immediately, my sister has a good chance of surviving.

It is because of the urgency and the financial constraint we are now facing that our family is appealing to you for some financial help. We were told that Nina’s treatment would cost about $80,000.00. We know how its like for many people to earn a living but please understand and accept our sincerest apology for doing this. It leaves us no choice but to try and do anything for my sister and her 3 little kids. We love them so much. We are hoping for your kind-hearted generosity.

Thank you very much and GOD BLESS!

For all of us,
Genefe Madridejos-Teodoro”
Tel. Nos.
Home – (815) 254-3832
Cell – (312) 593-7619

Pls. send your love-gift to this address:
1608 Rose Ct.
Romeoville, IL 60446
emmac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cesar! Kumusta na kayo ni Glo? Si Emma ito, wife ni Tok,
How can we send even a small amount to help Genefe? We're living here in Australia, we're going home in March, but it might be a little late by then. Or can we send it through Deng sa Paete? Let us know.
We'll also include her in our prayer.
God bless!
cvafuang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: [color=darkblue]Where to send your help[/color] Reply with quote

Hello Emma,

First, thanks for the response. At this time, Ka Lando's family really needs whatever help they can get. And in their behalf, I want to express my gratitude for the financial support that you & Tok can share with them. I say yours is very special because its coming from people like you despite the distance. And Yes Indeed! Thank you for the prayers.

Genefe is handling everything for the family so you can send your love-gift directly to her at:

Genefe M. Teodoro
1608 Rose Ct.
Romeoville, IL 60446
USA

Thanks again,
cesar

p.s. My best regards to Tok and your kids. Glo and I are great, so are our children, we got four, 3 boys and a girl, ages 25, 22, 18 & 13.

cvafuang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: [size=18][color=blue]Nina Madridejos-Surban[/color][/size] Reply with quote

Update about Nina...

...she's now undergoing chemotheraphy and started looking for a bone marrow donor.

maraming salamat po.
cvafuang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Maraming-maraming Salamat Po! Reply with quote

Dear All,

First and foremost, we want to thank God for all the support, financial or otherwise, that we are now receiving from people like you, some of which we don't even know.

Thank you for responding to our appeal. We may never get the chance to repay you but will be forever grateful to all of you. Bahala na po ang DIYOS na gumanti sa inyo.

Nina's treatment is going well and no chemotheraphy side-effects so far even as she continues to fight this deadly disease. Pls. help us pray so God may grant her the spiritual & physical strenght that she needs to survive and live...not only for herself, but for everyone she dearly love...specially her three innocent little kids.

Right now, the family is still far from getting the amount needed for her medical expenses but we believe and continue to trust that GOD will provide. Soon, we will post here the list of those kind-hearted people who send us their love-gift.

Please continue to include NINA in your prayers.

Again, Maraming Salamat Po!

For the Sta. Mina-Madridejos Family.
cvafuang
emmac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cesar,
I was meant to send an email to you privately, but I don't know your email ad. Anyway, just to let you know that I'm sending a small contribution thru Merle David Ugale. She said it's on the way to Genefe's address. I will continue to include Nina in our prayers.
Best regards to everyone,
Emma
cvafuang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

muli - maraming-maraming salamat sa inyong tulong.

...pinakukumusta nga pala ni 'Ms. Sta. Mina' si Tok at saka salamat din daw at hindi siya nakakalimot.
cvafuang

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Maraming Salamat Po! Reply with quote

Dear All,

As of date, here's the list of Paetenians who responded to our appeal. Tanggapin po ninyo ang aming walang katapusang pasasalamat. Thank you as well to those who continue to pray for Nina.

We also want to announce that presently, Nina has one less hurdle to overcome in that, they found her older brother, Orly, a match for her bone morrow transplant. So, now the family's biggest challenge remains the financial part of it. That's why we continue our appeal to our friends, kababayans and relatives to please help Nina with whatever you can afford.

Our apology to those whose names we missed, it was unintentional:

Adao, Ludy – Chicago
Adefuin, Francisco/Rosalie - CA
Africano, Arthur/Tessie - CA
Afuang - Chicago
Afuang, Rogel/Mila - NY
Altamero, Tom/Cia - Chicago
Balan-Vitor, Paul/Mara/Malou - Chicago
Bartolome, Teresita - CA
Bundang-Afuang, Mar/Heidi - Canada
Butzen, Dennis/Mel - Chicago
Caberto, Bobby/Nelda - NY
Cachola, Arnold/Rachel - Chicago
Cagandahan, Tarco/Virgie - Chicago
Caguin, Nildo/Baby - Chicago
Caguin-Balandra, Hector/Emma - Australia
Caguin-Basa, Jun/Gloria - CA
Dacsil, Marylin – Ohio
Dailo, Dennis/Anna - CA
Dailo, Mike/Lilia - CA
Gozales, Alvin/Cel - Chicago
Lopez, Eric - Chicago
Madridejos, Tom/Lita - Chicago
Madridejos, Viyo/Cely - Chicago
Manual-Miranda, Ronie/Marie Paz - Chicago
Mariano-Villarin, Victoria -CA
Milan, Rey - Wisconsin
Paelmo-Adea, Phil/Sonia - CA
Paetenian - Southern California
Ugale-David, Denis/Merle - CA
Vergerie-Madriejos, Ferdinand/Jocelyn - CA(?)
Villamater, Bong/Estela - Chicago
Vitor, Luis/Baby - Chicago

BTW, the Paetenians Chicago-Midwest Chapter will host a dinner/dance fund raising party this coming Saturday, March 11, 2006 at the Lone Tree Manor Banquet Hall. Proceeds will all go to Nina's Medical Fund. Cost of tickets are as follows: Adult $30 & Kids $15. For more detailed information pls. call our president, Luis Vitor @ (847) 546-0482

Maraming Salamat Po and God Bless!
tenang

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: sorry,missed it... Reply with quote

cezar,
sorry na-miss ko 'yung dinner diyan. gawa da naman ng march break dito sa canada ay. nagbakasyon kami sa kung saan kaya pasensiya na. pero nagpadala na lang ako ng donation,pakisabi na lang sa amang luis. ini-address ko na lang sa kanya. kumusta nalang esp. kay tita glo at sa mag-asawang luis and baby na napakabait at inampon ako after achie's viewing. thank you chicago.
tenang
cvafuang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: sorry,missed it... Reply with quote

tenang wrote:
cezar,
sorry na-miss ko 'yung dinner diyan. gawa da naman ng march break dito sa canada ay. nagbakasyon kami sa kung saan kaya pasensiya na. pero nagpadala na lang ako ng donation,pakisabi na lang sa amang luis. ini-address ko na lang sa kanya. kumusta nalang esp. kay tita glo at sa mag-asawang luis and baby na napakabait at inampon ako after achie's viewing. thank you chicago.
tenang

Kumusta na din sa iyo at sa pamilya mo. OK lang, next time na lamang uli.

Ipina-aabot ng Madridejos family ang kanilang taus pusong pasasalamat sa iyong tulong at panalangin para kay Nina. May God grant you His blessings ten-fold!

Hayaan mo at makakarating ang iyong pangu-ngumusta sa mga taga Chicago. Pasyal kayo uli dito.

Thanks again!
cesar
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Tulong Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum