PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sagip San Cristobal Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Sagip San Cristobal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FROM JOVEN..PAANYAYA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA MGA KABABAYAN... PAANYAYA

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe
INAANYAYAHAN PO LAHAT NG MGA TAGA PAG MAY-ARI NG IMAHEN NG MAHAL NA INANG BIRHENG MARIA. MAG KAKAROON PO TAYO NG PAG PUPULONG SA DARATING NA LINGGO SA GANAP NA IKA-9 NG UMAGA SA TAHANAN NG HERMANO AT HERMANA MAYOR BRO PALOY AT SIS. MEMA CAGAYAT.
5 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·
Maple's Corner likes this.
leequsada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: from Arthur dela Cerna FB wall Reply with quote

Arthur Dans Dela Cerna: naging busy lang sa fiesta pero hindi dapat pabayaan ang mahalagang pamana ng sining at kultura sa ating bayan

from Backtrails Blog by by Pransism : Land of the Carved...Paete
Besides the intricately designed retablos and religious items within the Paete church, the paintings hanged on its walls prove to be interesting. Why? Because they are direct relics from Paete’s distant past. I have been to a number of museums before showcasing many precious paintings by eminent Filipino painters but one cannot get near enough to them. But here in Paete you can actually see and touch them for yourself, as if they really are part of the Paeteños’ daily lives.And perhaps that is the problem with these paintings. They are too susceptible for public viewing and abuse that they are threatened by further vandalism. Now what are these paintings I am talking about?

San Cristobal
The first one is entitled San Cristobal (or Saint Christopher). It is a painting done on a 3.5 meter x 5 meter maulawin wood plank by Jose Luciano Dans in 1850. It’s huge already, almost reaching the church’s ceiling. A “curiouser” painting is found just beside this one which is also depiction of San Cristonal. This one has that native look in it: upper torso bared, a bolo (or a kris?), and a tree that looked like a coconut. It is reputed that this was the original San Cristobal painting. But the patrons, probably the church officials, did not like the look and so commissioned a second painting, one which was ‘tamer’ and pleasing to the (conservative) eyes. [I suggest that you read, dear chance reader, stories about St. Christopher. They are quite entertaining.]

Juicio Final
Another one is called Juicio Final done from 1717 to 1720. This one depicts St. Francis and the Salvation of the Soul. The painting must have been of fiery red when it was finished. But time has worn down the colors used for this art work.

Langit, Lupa at Impiyerno
Another Jose Luciano Dans piece. This is quite interesting and close to my heart. The painting is in essence divided into three. The upper part depicts the heaven, with the crucifixion of Christ at the center of attention, moist likely leading the viewer to the thought that he is a ‘God’ who sacrificed himself for the world below.
And this world is given emphasis by two figures in the center of the painting: Adam and Eve standing below the Tree of Knowledge. Right below is hell, easily identified by the suffering faces of the humans painted there. It is good to note that here we can see the sensitivity of the people at that time about the religious teachings. Different punishments were given to the sinners with different transgressions, ones which were probably done during their mortal experience. I have tried to show these ‘specific’ punishments here by taking close-up shots of them.

On Maintaining the Paete Church Paintings
One needs not another earthquake to devastate the church and the treasures inside it. The visible vandalisms on the paintings inside should prompt the church caretakers to make the necessary steps to ensure the safety of these works. A glass protection should do temporarily, if they cannot provide for a more permanent and hassle-free way to preserve them. I admit myself being a historical relic collector but being one would not be good for these paintings. These ones are in the danger of becoming mere souvenirs. You just have to see the San Cristobal and Langit, Lipa at Impyerno paintings to realize how they are being neglected. Again I say they are treasures and we are fortunate enough that we have seen them in our generation. Let us bequeath them for the coming generations.
----------------------------------------------30----------------------
leeq

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: here is another Internet traveler talks about Paete heritage Reply with quote

here is another traveler on the planet talks about Paete heritage..
[img]http://traveleronfoot.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/paete.jpg?w=470&h=352[/img]

this time i am crossposting the comments about Paete on his blog:
omments Leave a comment
On July 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm lighthouse23ld said:
Sir, good morning. We need some help here. We need a statue of Saint Peter (4 feet), holding a book and a key. Wood carve. How much will it cost us? Or, can you refer us to somebody; to have a good price. I already get some quotations and the price is really high…

Thank you very much.

On February 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm francis xavier gabriel said:
boss., magkano po ba magagastos namin pag sa paete kami kumuha ng poon..?
salamat po..

On February 1, 2011 at 11:04 pm traveler on foot said:
I can’t give specifics, depende sa size and kung sino ang gagawa Francis. Mas expensive ang commission work ng isang master carver than doon sa isang carver na nag mamass produce ng craft.

On December 9, 2010 at 3:51 pm Marky said:
I heard the Spanish era Church in Paete is one of the most beautiful in the country

On December 10, 2010 at 1:20 am traveler on foot said:
I believe so Marky. The church of Santiago Apostol in Paete has a ornate facade. Interior has several folk art including remarkable paintings by Jose Dans and exquisite carvings in the main altar and station of the cross.

tlee

http://traveleronfoot.wordpress.com/paete/
leeq

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dada Lee's Sagip San Cristobal FB Album

Where in the world is Paete, Laguna?

http://www.facebook.com/media/.....amp;type=1

share this to the whole world out there.....
leeq

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: from another blog: 365 Great Pinoy Stuff Reply with quote

http://365greatpinoystuff.wordpress.com/

#194 Paete Murals
[img]http://365greatpinoystuff.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/paete-mural-dans.jpg?w=400&h=267[/img]

The 19th century Paete Mural is attributed to Paete artist Jose Dans (1805- ca. 1870), a true son of Paete who used color pigments mixed with pulverized volcanic ash and brushes fashioned from cat’s hair.

At the Paete Parish Church in Laguna are two works by Dans, probably one of the earliest recorded painters in Philippine (colonial) art history. The work “Langit, Lupa at Impierno” (ca. 1850, or Heaven, Earth and Hell), is a three-level painting which shows the Holy Trinity, Mary the Mother of Christ, saints, the Seven Blessed Sacraments and a macabre depiction of hell. The second painting is entitled Purgatorio (Purgatory) which shows the eight punishments the soul passes through for cleansing before reaching heaven.

The mural fascinates with its intriguing and disturbing details, graphically showing the eight forms of punishment. Writer Jose Dalisay described the mural as: “From the entrance, the two on the left depict San Cristobal (St. Christopher) fording a river with the Child Jesus on his shoulder; on the right is a towering, phantasmagoric rendition of Langit, Lupa at Impyerno (Heaven, Earth and Hell).

“The artistry in all three works is superb, the kind of detailing and nuancing you could mull over for hours, seated in a chair in front of the painting. However, all three — indubitably national treasures — are in dire need of restoration.”

Mabuhay ang Paete Murals!

CONTACT INFO:email.
365gps@gmail.com
leeq

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: historical Paete: from artes de leas filipinas Reply with quote

PAETE'S TAKA
by: Mailah Baldemor

Beautiful flowers of scarlet red adorn her from head to toe. Big, round, expressive dark eyes govern her proud head and a red stiff tail enhances her powerful back. A small horse; my first taka toy I received from my father. A work of art and a loving gift from a Paetenian.

Paete, Laguna is one of the Philippines’ last remaining artistic strongholds and may be accessed either by passing through the picturesque zigzag of the Eastern Rizal route or through the long stretch of the South Luzon Expressway. The town is known for two things: fine woodcarvers and the golden sweet fruit of lanzones.

Paete derived its name from paet, a Tagalog word for chisel, a principal tool used in woodcarving. The proper pronunciation of the town's name is probably "Pa-e-te", but natives call it "Pay-ti" (Pi-tè) with the guttural "e" sound at the end. Only when conversing with visitors and outsiders do Paetenians use "Pay-ti." When the American Maryknoll missionaries came to Paete in the late 1950s, they even referred to the town as "Piety."

Upon entering the town, you will be welcomed by workers laying brown paper or newsprint papier-mâché pieces (taka) on the roadside for drying. To complement this picture, your nose will probably wiggle delightfully to the smell of gawgaw (starch) paste, wooden logs, and burning sawdust.

The takas from the road shops are “carved during any season to identify any particular season”. You could chance upon the workers making Christmas key figures of Santa Claus, Rudolph the Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman during the sunny days of April in preparation for the Christmas season. These designs, however, are seasonal and are requested by clients. Inside the town, almost all shops sell different Filipino-inspired designs of carabao figurines, Maria Clara dolls, and horses in a variety of choices. Some new designs have also been incorporated which now includes the querubins, toy soliders, giraffes, rabbits, and a variety of fruits– all in different colors and sizes.

Takas have indeed become the epitome of folk art. They exist in every possible bright and happy color combination, simplified curvilinear forms, flora & fauna motifs, sweet innocence, and delectable charm. These designs change rapidly as time goes by. The development of the taka and takaan (and any cultural norm for that matter) usually spread in an outward path from its source. The present generation seems to have forgotten where the taka originated. The Paeteños believe that the idea originated in Mexico with a significant difference to what we have in Paete. While the Mexican “pinata” is decorated with cut-off colored paper, the Paete’s takas are hand-painted and are sometimes small enough for little girls to use as dolls.

According to Quesada:

In Paete we likewise had woodcarvings of figures of animals, carts and men or women. The carvings were molded in paper and paste, dried out in the sun, then the molds were surgically taken out of its cast. The product was then put together again, dried another time and painted brightly to be sold as toys.

According to the Paete Phenomenon exhibited in the Bulwagang Juan Luna at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Maria Bague made the first known taka in 1920s. It was wrapped around a mold carved from wood and painted with decorative pattern that eventually became toys and ornaments. Unfortunately, nobody knows if Maria Bague’s taka ever existed as her town was destroyed by fire and almost all traces of the takas she produced have vanished.

The art of taka-making further developed during the American period when the rising newspaper industry produced more newsprint. However, the introduction of plastic toys during this time took its toll on the taka industry, causing it to slowly lessen its demand and, consequently, its production. The taka industry did not rise to its peak again until the mid-70s and early 80s.

Paete has a rich history in the visual arts. Logs of acacia, molave, tipolo or batikuling being loaded onto sawmill or carving shops are a common sight here. Unfortunately, the forests of the Philippines are rapidly being destroyed and plant species are slowly disappearing. The townspeople must learn how to replace the trees felled by the woodcarving industry as the only hope of preventing the ecological, social, and human tragedy was imperiled by this industry.

Since wood is the principal source of woodcarving, the government under President Corazon Aquino implemented a Total Commercial Log Ban Bill in 1992. The total log ban was a good first step in restoring our depleted forests. In another instance, one particular group initiated the “Save the Sierra Madre Movement” to protect the remaining patch of virgin forest in Luzon. This anti-logging task force, responsible for confiscating millions of pesos worth of logs and logging equipment, is also one in helping the government protect our forests.

In the midst of all campaigns to preserve our forests and with the implementation of the Senate Bill for Total Commercial Log Ban, papier-mâché may just be the perfect substitute for wood. As a result, papier-mâché has become the folk art of the Paeteños. Taka makers begin this process by hand carving hardwood sculptures which later on becomes the positive wooden molds (takaans). The takaans are then coated with wax release agents or gewgaw (starch) then hand-painted in a variety of bright and happy colors for embellishments.

Today’s taka-makers have developed and improved their products. From their indigenous to modern designs, the materials they now use are carefully crafted and has incorporated finishes of stucco, gold, finely painted enamel or lacquer and are sold for export. Some takas are also being use for backdrops for television and mall displays. Truly, the taka has gone a long way from its humble beginning.

After so many years, I didn’t realize how important the taka was. A little toy my father gave me many years ago plays an interesting part in the history of arts. I seldom see that red colored taka horse anymore. But I thank my father for that little toy he gave me.

A little piece that made a history. (from blog dated August 5, 2011
leeq

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: from FB: when i saw the painting i almost wept..... Reply with quote

from FB: when i saw the SC painting at Paete catholic church i almost wept.....

PHOTO OF SAN CRISTOBAL ALREADY POSTED ON THIS PAGES IS SHOWN...

CAMBIO: San Cristobal II of Paete, Laguna

San Cristobal / St. Christopher
Anonymous Philippine Painter
Paint on adobe wall fresco mural
Wooden frame modern addition
Church of St. James, the Apostle (Santiago Apostol)
Paete, Laguna

According to Jose (1991), this painting was formerly hidden behind the painting of the same subject by Dans seen in the previous picture.

The paint is applied directly on the adobe walls of the church. If you look closely at the painting, you can see the horizontal alignment of the mastic used to join the adobe blocks to each other.

This painting and its companion are two of the most important paintings in the history of Philippine art. It is a beautiful example of Cambio or the art of transformation.

Notice that St. Christopher has been transformed into a native Filipino (painted with "indio" features) sporting a bolo with a stylized handle made to look like a sword scabbard.

Also notice the presence of a Philippine nipa hut tucked into the hillock in the distance.

Also, note that he seems to be clutching a coconut tree. Only the image of the nino remains vaguely westernized!

When I saw this painting, and its companion, in the Church at Paete I almost wept! The painting is in a deteriorating state of condition and needs to be restored before the painting is lost altogether.

References: Jose, R. T. (1991). Simbahan: Church art in colonial Philippines 1565 - 1898. Manila (Makati): Ayala Museum.

Comments and faves

1. Apo Lakay (22 months ago | reply)

As an aside, someone told me that this painting of St. Christopher is really quite contemporary. He is actually wearing blue stone washed Levis jeans cuffed up to the knees! How very 90s, no?!

2. bleak! (22 months ago | reply)

It is interesting that the hermit's hut, which is always present in most st. Christoper paintings, has been turned into a bahay kubo

3. rlr224, oar (22 months ago | reply)

this is indeed a very good example of a combination of filipino and western influence.

this is the older painting. and my belief is that this painting was covered with that of Dans because it was too "asian".

remember a spanish offcial named sinibaldo de mas wrote 2 centuries ago "the filipinos say that all saints are spanish, since the patrons of their churches are always of this class.

they would have no veneration for a saint with flat nose and the physiognomy of a filipino."...and san cristopher is depicted here as indio. now whose choice was it to cover this original painting...the spanish friars or the filipino faithful themselves?

4. Apo Lakay (22 months ago | reply)

WOW.. way to cut to the quick, Fr. Rommel!! That is exactly the $64,000 question! I never even thought of that question but now that you've raised it, I am totally intrigued.

I wonder if anyone in Paete would know the history of these two paintings?

5. ★

Queno378 added this photo to their favorites. (22 months ago)

6. Apo Lakay (22 months ago | reply)

Thanks for the fave, Joey!!

7. ★

bethania ng sta. maria R.N added this photo to his favorites. (18 months ago)

8. Elmer I. Nocheseda ng Pateros (17 months ago | reply)

Hi, I'm an admin for a group called PINOY ARTISTRY, and we'd love to have this added to the group!

9. ★

dennislucem Smile) added this photo to his favorites. (4 months ago)
-----30-----
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: St Christopher Carrying the Christ Child, by Hieronymus Bosc Reply with quote

Martyr
Born Canaan (Western accounts) or Marmarica (Eastern accounts)
Died c. 251
Asia Minor
Honored in Anglicanism
Eastern Orthodoxy
Lutheranism
Oriental Orthodoxy
Roman Catholicism
Feast 25 July ( since 1967 : 21 august ) (West), 9 May (East)

Attributes tree, branch, as a giant or ogre, carrying Jesus, spear, shield, as a dog-headed man.

Patronage bachelors, transportation (drivers, sailors, etc.), travelling (especially for long journeys), storms, Brunswick, Saint Christopher's Island (Saint Kitts), Island Rab, Vilnius, epilepsy, gardeners, holy death, toothache

Christopher is the patron saint of many places, including: Baden, Germany; Barga, Italy; Brunswick, Germany; Mecklenburg, Germany; Rab, Croatia; Roermond, The Netherlands; Saint Christopher's Island (Saint Kitts); Toses in Catalonia, Spain; Mondim de Basto, Portugal; Agrinion, Greece; Vilnius, Lithuania; Riga, Latvia; Havana, Cuba;

and Paete, Laguna, Philippines.

Depictions in art
Because Christopher offered protection to travelers and against sudden death, many churches placed images or statues of him, usually opposite the south door, so he could be easily seen.[

He is usually depicted as a giant of a man, with a child on his shoulder and a staff in one hand.

In England, there are more wall paintings of Christopher than of any other saint; in 1904, Mrs. Collier, writing for the British Archaeological Association, reported 183 paintings, statues, and other representations of the saint, outnumbering all others except for the Virgin Mary.
leeq

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: We are anticipating and looking forward for Launching of SSC Reply with quote

joven and SSC group... almost time for the launching of your Sagip San Cristobal ..... we want to know all about the project, where it is now? what your problems are? no one can act or help you without knowing all facts and figures about this big project!

sowhat's up?
dada lee Idea
leeq

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Cristobal Painting

St. James the Apostle Church
Paete, Laguna
June 12, 2011

*One of the oldest paintings in the Philippines could be found at the St. James the Apostle Church. If you could still remember the horror film Shake Rattle and Roll 6, this painting was featured during the scene at the Paete church where they were discussing about the myth of San Cristobal. This painting needs to undergo restoration. The latter is being infested with termites. According to one church caretakers, there has been initiatives in restoring this painting with the help of the churh's funds and international organization.
Comments and faves

Gacutan, AVE |♛AguaSanta♛| MARIA, Ondoy 'Ilio, his grace, and 2 other people added this photo to their favorites.

Apo Lakay (6 weeks ago)

It's not just infested with termites, there is also a rather large hole on the side caused by a parishioner backing her umbrella into the painting. It is crying out for restoration!

Guadalupe_Cebu, -lrae-, and Nuestra Señora delas Flores de rosario,cavite added this photo to their favorites.
leeq

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Sagip San Cristobal: MAHALAGANG PAANYAYApo sa lahat! Reply with quote

TO ALL INTERESTED PAETENOS, IF YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR TIME PLEASE JOIN US IN OUR PROJECT SAGIP SAN KRISTOBAL. SA MGA NAG NANAIS NA MKI LAHOK MAG KAKARON NG GENERAL ASSEMBLY SA ATING SIMBAHAN AUGUST 18, 2011. AFTER 6PM MASS. INAASAHAN PO KAYONG LAHAT NA MAY MALAKING MALASAKIT SA ATING HIGANTENG PINTA NG SIMBAHAN.

SALAMAT PO!

gumagalang at nagaanyaya sa lahat na makakatulong sa Sagip San Cristobal project,
FB nickname: Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe
leeq

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: this is for Joven and his group: from dadalee Reply with quote

joven, this is what i just posted at the Paete Mailing List. i am posting it here since i think it is only RJ Balandra who is a member of the List in your group: here goes...

Introduction:
A group of mga BatangPaete led by Mr. Joven Cajipe who is
the current laity in-charge of our Parokya ng Paete Catholic
church, ay nagpush ng isang initiative upang ituloy
ang preservation of the San Cristobal mural on the wall of
our town’s catholic church na nabubulok na at kailangan na
ang action to save it asap. I am crossposting here some
of the info from their communications via the social media
Facebok, the group page is called Sagip San Cristobal.

the Launching of the group’s project is set for August 27.
it will be, if I understood it correctly, in the form of isang
public programa in Paete which will be video clipped to serve as
the promotional campaign to start the fundraising. (anyone
who knows more about this launching please correct me and
feel free to edit me here).

I am helping them disseminate announcements and promotions
here, at Facebook and at Usap Forum for their forthcoming
fund-raising goal.

sa ngayon po ay nagkakaroon ang mga bata natin na volunteers
ng obstacle, dahil ang kaunting pondo po na nareceived nila ay nagamit sa
pagbabakod sa mural sa simbahan. hindi nila maumpisahan implement
yong Launching program dahil wala pang pondo uli for the Launching sa
pangangailangan nila ng mga stage props, lighting effects, at iba pang
stage presentation needs. therefore:

in thisn message from me, tumatawag po ang mga kabataan sa Sagip
San Cristobal FB Group, sa lahat na nasa Paete ngayon, as I speak, to
please attend a General Assembly gaganapin sa ating simbahan after the 6 pm
mass this coming Thursday, August 18.

kailangan po ng mga bata ang advise, suggestions, as well as artistic,
physical and financial help para ma-push through nila itong Sagip Cristobal
Programme which I hope will be video-clipped to be used as the major
promotion and information video in the planned global fund raising.

I have asked Joven Cajipe to post for transparency latest update
on the project an most importantly the documented proposals,
how much the preservation work itself will cost, etc.
I hope he can do this after their general meeting this Thursday.

I have crossposted all the documents and communications from the
wall of Sagip San Cristobal FB Group and you will all find them
at Usap ‘Sagip San Cristobal’ Forum:

eto na po and link: http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11233

3 pages na po ang haba doon because of my updates.... sorry po at this is a
warning na puro mukha ko ang ngingiti sa inyo doon sa forum... dahil I was
posting URL and Images links hindi pwede na hindin ako maglogin, kaya hindi
macancel yong forum picture ko. sawang sawa na nga ako sa mukha ko. bai!

sa Facebook lang ang mga bata mas convenient at practical mag communicate
dahil sa kawalan po nila ng mga sariling computers at wala rin silang ISP providers
for emails, kaya sa Cloud po ng Internet lang sila nakakapag announce, nagge-
get-together and nagcommunicate. I committed myself to them to be their bridge
covering both real world and the Internet planet, so to speak.

eto po ang example resulta ng initiative nila na makikita ang entirety sa Usap
forum in the above link:

from JovenCajipe at FB:
WELCOME PO SA GRP NG SAGIP SAN KRISTOBAL. ANG UNYO PONG PAG SALI
AY KATUMBAS NG PAG TULONG AT PAKIKIBAHAGI SA PROYEKTONG ITO SA
KAHIT ANONG PARAAN. PINANSIYAL O SA PAMAMAGITAN NG PAG PROMOTE
AT PAG PAPALAGANAP NG IMPORMASYON HINGGIL DITO. SALAMAT PO SA
INYONG LAHAT.
June 23 at 9:43pm

Arthur Dans Dela Cerna Sagip San Cristobal Project:
Ang pangunahing Goal po ng project ay isaayos at ibalik sa dating anyo at
kalagayan ang Malaking pinta ng San Cristobal sa simbahan ng Paete, dahil
sa tanda at laki ng pinta, kinakailangan po ng tamang pag-aaral ...at
hakbang, kaugnay nito ang paglikom ng pondo para isakatuparan ang plano.

MGA HAKBANG SA PAG SASA-AYOS NG PINTA:
1. Pag likom ng Pondong panimula, para sa pag aaral ng Pinta
2. Pag aaral at Pag susuri sa Pinta (Documentation and Diagnostic)
3. Paglikom ng Pondo para sa Total Restoration
4. Total Restoration
5. PreventionSee More
June 24 at 5:27am

“from: Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe (Joven Cajipe c/o Parokya ng Paete Catholic Church)
may magandang balita na received na po ng NCCA ang inquiries natin regarding sa san kristobal
painting after several months month of may pa po ako nag email sa kanila kasabay ng email ko sa
National Historical Commission... tumawag sa akin ang NCCA ngayun lang bibisita sila sa church
to visit the painting for assessment and documentations. schedule daw next wk depende sa availability
ng conservators. need nating i prepare ang scafolding daw...

yung NHC under Engnr. Larry Cruz after po ng visitation nila ay wala paring pinapadalang recomendation.
ang NCCA naman po ang mag asess at hintay po ulit ng recomendation ang maganda dito d lang sila technical
assitance pwede din daw sila ang mag finance pero dapat daw po ang LGU ang ka MOA nila...

magandang balita po yun para sa atin. wait ko pa po ang confirmation ng visit nila thru FB email.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:15 pm Post subject: Sagipga bata ay m San Cristobal:
MAHALAGANG PAANYAYApo sa lahat! From: Joven Cajipe:
TO ALL INTERESTED PAETENOS, IF YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR TIME
PLEASE JOIN US IN OUR PROJECT SAGIP SAN KRISTOBAL. SA MGA NAG
NANAIS NA MKI LAHOK MAG KAKARON NG GENERAL ASSEMBLY SA
ATING SIMBAHAN AUGUST 18, 2011. AFTER 6PM MASS. INAASAHAN PO
KAYONG LAHAT NA MAY MALAKING MALASAKIT SA ATING HIGANTENG
PINTA NG SIMBAHAN.

Taga Paete ka kung alam mo ang Kasaysayan ng ating bayan at pinag mamalaking
Lumang simbahan at ang mga Lihim nito. kung Hindi mo pa alam. Dumalo lamang ng
Gen Assembly sa Thursday 7pm sandaling oras subalit makabuluhan. walng sinusino
basta taga paete at may malaskit sa ating sining at kasaysayan ika ay tinatawagan...
tara na bai at tayo'y mag tulungan.

sabi ni joven:
Lubos po ang pasasalamat sa mga nag abot ng tulong para sa sagip
san kristobal. kay Maam Ma Cristina Mendoza Agbada at kay Ms.
Jean Almeda Mizel. Patuloy parin po ang mga pag plaplano at hakbangin
para sa kaganapan ng proyektong ito. maraming salamat po muli.

SALAMAT PO!

gumagalang at nagaanyaya sa lahat na makakatulong sa Sagip San Cristobal project,
Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe

ang mga BatangPaete on the Sagip San Cristobal FB group who initiated this project
and who needs help right now are:

Sagip San Cristobal Project Point Persons .
PHCHC adviser and Sagip San Cristobal

Project Over-all Coordinator:
John Joven Cajipe

PHCHC Acting Chairman:
Bernard Cadawas

Marketing Committee Head:
Rene James Balandra Jr.

Members:
Mariel Dalay
Rochelle Nama

Campaigns Committee Head:
Nikko Sunga

Members:
Maynard Escalona

Research, Development and Documentation Committee Head:
Arthur Dela Cerna

Members:
Renzo Muega

Note: Paedit na lang PHCHC dun sa mga wala pa, pakilagay na
lang yung iba pang committee members sa proper committees nila.

join us at:
http://alturl.com/jwubx

Here is again the link to the Sagip San Cristobal Usap Forum

http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11233

please join us, please help us! tulungan natin itong mga bata na
nagpupursigi para for the preservation of our Paete heritage!
the painter of San Cristobal was Jose Luciano Dans, a Paetenian
artisan in the 1900s. before pa the era of the world famous icon
Dolorosa by Dada Madrinan na sarili nating atin also.
tlee
fredmc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Information on Sending Remittance Reply with quote

Joven & Officers of Sagip San Cristobal,

For the benefit of those who are interested in helping out, pakibigay lang ang info sa:

1. Where to send the remittance
2. Who to send to (Name)
3. If a check/money order, to whom payable.

Thank you.

FredMC
joven cajipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Sagip san Kristobal Reply with quote

Maraming salamat po sa inyong pag bibigy sa amin ng moral support upang ipag patuloy ang mga hangarin ng ating proyektong Sagip San Kristobal.

Ikina lulungkot po namin na matapos kming bisitahin ng National Historical Commission of the Philippines ay hindi na po ulit sila nag pahiwatig ng kahit anong update. pero ayon po sa kanila wala silang maibibigay na kahit anong financil na tulong kundi technical sup[port laman na mag lalaman ng mga dapat gawin at mga materiales at gastusin na gagamitin sa ating Pinta ng San Kristobal. Matapos po niyon ay dapat tayo daw po ang mag hahanap ng conservators na syang gagawa sa nasisirang Pinta. Marami pong conservators ng nag papahiwatig at nais na sila ang trumabaho subalit dahil po tayo ay nasa ilalim ng NHCP ay dapat daw pong aprobahan muna ng NHCP kung ano at sino ang gagawa sa higanteng Pinta ng ating Bayan.

matapos po na sila ay dumalaw ang NHCP at makita nilang karamihan po sa aming mga kasapi ay mga kabataan tila yata sila ay nagulay at nag sabi kung wala daw bang ibang mas nkakatanda na dapat nilang pakipag ugnayan? simula po noon ay sunod sunod narin po ang aking/aming gawain sa Parokya bilang pangulo ng Pastoral Council at nawalan po ako ng pag gabay sa mga kabataang ito na ngayon po ay pinga hihinaan ng loob.

may mga donasyon pong dumating na hindi aabot ng Limng Libong Piso. pero bilang paunang hakbang upang lalong iwasan ang mabilis na pag kasira ng ating Higanteng Pinta ay nag lagay po kami ng bakod sa lahat ng Pinta sa ating simbahan at umabot po ng limang libong piso ang nagastos dito.

sa ngayon po ay wala po kaming alam na paraan kung paano tatanggapin ang mga donasyon liban sa pag papadala nito sa amin personal man po oh pera padala na kana address sa opisina ng ating parokya at naka care of po sa akin. pero mas mainam po kung mag kakaroon kmi ng bank accnt para doon po i deretso ang mga tulong pinansyal subalit iasa parin pong suliranin ang magiging initial na pondo upang makapag bukas ng bank account.

sa ngayon po ay nag patawag po kami ng isang General assembly sa huwebes sa mga taga paeteng bukas ang puso at may interes na tumulong sa proyektong ito.

ang programa po sa huwebes ay ang pag papakilala sa kahalagahan ng higanteng pinta ang sa proyekto mula po doon malalaman namin ang susunod na hakbangin.

sa akin pong palagay at suhestiyon siguro po itao ay magiging mas maayus kung mayroon isang matibay na grupo at may kredibilidad ang syang mag hahawak ng pondo at pag naipon na po ito at may roon ng dapat hakbang na nangangailangan ng pera ay tsaka lamang ito ipag kaloob par sa mga gastusin.

mas mainam po kung ito po ay pangungunahan ng Paetenians na may malaking kredibilidad at maaring pasinayaan o kaya naman ay itampok sa darating na balik Paete at makita ng lahat ng ating mga kababayan sa ibayaong dagat at dito sa atin ang bunga ng ating pag tutulungan at pag titiwalaan.

salamat po.

Bro. John Joven S. Cajipe
Taga-pamahala
PPC-president

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magandang araw po sa lahat, mayroon po akong isang suggestion,bakit hindi po nating imbitahan ang ilang kilalang mga artist sa larangan ng pagpinta? Masasabi ko po na sila ay mga dalubhasa na sa larangan ng pag pinta at nagtamo ng rin ng karangalan sa lokal at international. To name a few : Araceli Dans, Fred Baldemor,Manuel Baldemor.

Maraming Salamat po!
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: excellent, ultimate idea..... Reply with quote

thank you Guest, this is a brilliant idea, totally cool suggestion.... nangangailangan ang mga FB SagipSC group ng mga more adult members with great ideas like you to assist them in their dakilang venture, puede bang sumali ka actively with the group as they need ideas like this and someon like you. please po! thank you.
God bless for now,
tlee
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: update fro FB wall of John Joven Cajipe Reply with quote

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe posted in Sagip San Cristobal.
Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe 10:35pm Aug 14

ANG GAGANAPIN PONG GENERAL ASSEMBLY PARA SA SAGIP SAN KRISTOBAL PROJECT SA DARATING NA HUWEBES AY TATALAKAY SA MAKULAY NA KASAYSYAN NG ATING BAYAN AT SINING NA LAGING NA NGUNGUNA SAAN MANG SULOK NA MUS\NDO. TAYO PO AY MAG UUSAP USAP KUNG PAANO NATIN MAPAPANATILI ANG SINING NA ITO NA NA NGANGANIB NG MAG LAHO DAHIL SA KAPABAYAAN NATIN SA PAMAMAGITAN NG HINDI PAG ALAM SA KAHALAGAHAN NITO. ITO PO AY MAG PAPAKITA NG ATING TUNAY NA PAGIGING PAETENOS. MAG KITA KITA PO TAYO SA ATING SIMBAHAN NG PAETE AT TUKLASIN ANG GANDA AT HIWAGA NITO....

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: from FB Joven's wall... Reply with quote

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe 10:59pm Aug 14

Maraming salamat po sa inyong pag bibigy sa amin ng moral support upang ipag patuloy ang mga hangarin ng ating proyektong Sagip San Kristobal.

Ikina lulungkot po namin na matapos kming bisitahin ng National Historical Commission of the Philippines ay hindi na po ulit sila nag pahiwatig ng kahit anong update. pero ayon po sa kanila wala silang maibibigay na kahit anong financil na tulong kundi technical sup[port laman na mag lalaman ng mga dapat gawin at mga materiales at gastusin na gagamitin sa ating Pinta ng San Kristobal. Matapos po niyon ay dapat tayo daw po ang mag hahanap ng conservators na syang gagawa sa nasisirang Pinta. Marami pong conservators ng nag papahiwatig at nais na sila ang trumabaho subalit dahil po tayo ay nasa ilalim ng NHCP ay dapat daw pong aprobahan muna ng NHCP kung ano at sino ang gagawa sa higanteng Pinta ng ating Bayan.

matapos po na sila ay dumalaw ang NHCP at makita nilang karamihan po sa aming mga kasapi ay mga kabataan tila yata sila ay nagulay at nag sabi kung wala daw bang ibang mas nkakatanda na dapat nilang pakipag ugnayan? simula po noon ay sunod sunod narin po ang aking/aming gawain sa Parokya bilang pangulo ng Pastoral Council at nawalan po ako ng pag gabay sa mga kabataang ito na ngayon po ay pinga hihinaan ng loob.

may mga donasyon pong dumating na hindi aabot ng Limng Libong Piso. pero bilang paunang hakbang upang lalong iwasan ang mabilis na pag kasira ng ating Higanteng Pinta ay nag lagay po kami ng bakod sa lahat ng Pinta sa ating simbahan at umabot po ng limang libong piso ang nagastos dito.

sa ngayon po ay wala po kaming alam na paraan kung paano tatanggapin ang mga donasyon liban sa pag papadala nito sa amin personal man po oh pera padala na kana address sa opisina ng ating parokya at naka care of po sa akin. pero mas mainam po kung mag kakaroon kmi ng bank accnt para doon po i deretso ang mga tulong pinansyal subalit iasa parin pong suliranin ang magiging initial na pondo upang makapag bukas ng bank account.

sa ngayon po ay nag patawag po kami ng isang General assembly sa huwebes sa mga taga paeteng bukas ang puso at may interes na tumulong sa proyektong ito.

ang programa po sa huwebes ay ang pag papakilala sa kahalagahan ng higanteng pinta ang sa proyekto mula po doon malalaman namin ang susunod na hakbangin.

sa akin pong palagay at suhestiyon siguro po itao ay magiging mas maayus kung mayroon isang matibay na grupo at may kredibilidad ang syang mag hahawak ng pondo at pag naipon na po ito at may roon ng dapat hakbang na nangangailangan ng pera ay tsaka lamang ito ipag kaloob par sa mga gastusin.

mas mainam po kung ito po ay pangungunahan ng Paetenians na may malaking kredibilidad at maaring pasinayaan o kaya naman ay itampok sa darating na balik Paete at makita ng lahat ng ating mga kababayan sa ibayaong dagat at dito sa atin ang bunga ng ating pag tutulungan at pag titiwalaan.

salamat po.

Taga-pamahala
PPC-president

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

Mga mahal kong mga kababayan sa Paete at sa Internet, please come now and join to help these kids.... let's make it a community labor of
love...... the FB group needs leaders! i know you are all here.....
it will be God's work we will all be doing. to help each other help these kids on this project
tlee
tlee
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: isang araw na lang, Huwebes na, please come one and all.... Reply with quote

General Assembly
Sagip San Cristobal project
We need leaders to lead us to the right path
Magkitakita po tayo sa ating Simbahan after
the 6 pm mass... Thursday, August 18... marami sana
po tayong makarating...
panalangin po namin na kayang ituloy at matupad itong
Sagip San Cristobal na napakalaki at napakadakilang legacy
para sa ating bayan future generations to come.
FB SSC Group

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe 6:27pm Aug 15

ilang araw nalang po at sasapit na ang araw ng pag kikita kita natin. na niniwala po kami na mas maraming dadating higit sa 50 na nag pahiwatig ng kanilang suporta. at sa mga hindi makaka atend dahil sa kanilang mabibigat na dahilan ay kayo po ay kaisa din namin. ipag bibigay alam po namin sa inyo ang kahihinatnan ng mga ma pag uusapan natin. salamat po at mag kita kita po tayong lahat.

salamat po....

leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: from FB Joven's wall... Reply with quote

leeq wrote:
Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe 10:59pm Aug 14

salamat po.

Taga-pamahala
PPC-president

Mga mahal kong mga kababayan sa Paete at sa Internet, please come now and join to help these kids.... let's make it a community labor of
love...... the FB group needs leaders! i know you are all here.....
it will be God's work we will all be doing. to help each other help these kids on this project
tlee
tlee

eto po si Joven in action:

posted by dada lee
leeq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: update fro FB wall of John Joven Cajipe Reply with quote

eto po uli si Joven Cajipe
[img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262172_1991552662763_1061782224_2208438[/img]

leeq wrote:
Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe 10:35pm Aug 14

ANG GAGANAPIN PONG GENERAL ASSEMBLY PARA SA SAGIP SAN KRISTOBAL PROJECT SA DARATING NA HUWEBES AY TATALAKAY SA MAKULAY NA KASAYSYAN NG ATING BAYAN AT SINING NA LAGING NA NGUNGUNA SAAN MANG SULOK NA MUS\NDO. TAYO PO AY MAG UUSAP USAP KUNG PAANO NATIN MAPAPANATILI ANG SINING NA ITO NA NA NGANGANIB NG MAG LAHO DAHIL SA KAPABAYAAN NATIN SA PAMAMAGITAN NG HINDI PAG ALAM SA KAHALAGAHAN NITO. ITO PO AY MAG PAPAKITA NG ATING TUNAY NA PAGIGING PAETENOS. MAG KITA KITA PO TAYO SA ATING SIMBAHAN NG PAETE AT TUKLASIN ANG GANDA AT HIWAGA NITO....

joven cajipe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maraming salamat po sa inyong suhestiyon tungkol sa mga Paete Artist na kilala sa buong bansa. alam po namin na malaki ang kanilang maitutulong. pero hindi po namin alam kung paano po sila ma kokontak. kung meron po sana sa inyong may access or contact sa mga artist na inyong binanggit ay paki tulungan po kami na maipaabot sa kanila ang ating proyekto.

Maraming salamat po ulit. sa huwebes po natin malalaman ang lahat ng mga dapat nating gawin sana po ay tayo'y mag karoon ng magandang resulta hinggil dito.

salamat po.

dada lee salamat po sa picture. kasama ko po jan c fr. jojo.

bro. Joven
joven cajipe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir Fred,

Tungkol po sa inyong katanungan maari nyo pong ipadala ang inyong tulong sa opisina ng ating Parokya. St. James The Apostle Parish A. Roces St. Paete, Laguna c/o Bro. John Joven S. Cajipe (PPC President) and Bro. Florentino Juarez (Parish Temporalities)

Salamat Po.

Bro. Joven Cajipe
dada lee quesada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: to Bro Joven: I will be with you in spirit and prayers .... Reply with quote

on Thursday evening. God will guide you and your group and God will bless abundantly all those who will come to byou from the bottom
of their kind hearts my prayers!
neverending God's blessing to us all abide always,
dada lee
lee quesada

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: crosspost from Sagip group Facebook Wall Reply with quote

Marvin Pingol
Suggstion: For a while, If we dont have enough funds yet for the restoration" Why not make a reproduction pieces of the Murals' with Latex paints as a medium, it will look real copy in an innexpensive way.. Then store the Originals to a better place with fine temperature, or an aircondition office or a home, it will delay the decay, and when time comes when were capable of restoring it we can bring it back to its place again.
August 15 at 10:47pm ·UnlikeLike · ·SubscribeUnsubscribeYou like this.

Joel Aldor Plausible suggestion. That's what San Agustin Museum in Intramuros does anyway. Ang tanong ay kung saan itatago, papano itatago at papaano ibababa. At this point, bringing down such a big yet decaying structure is very, very tough. You have to use a crane and a lot of scaffolding and support, or else the wooden planks will just shatter to smithereens with just a small shake. Some points to consider.
August 16 at 1:23am · LikeUnlike · 2 people

Arthur Dans Dela Cerna and Marvin Pingol like this.

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe klangan po natin ng expert at ng masusuing pag aaral hinggil dito. kung kayo po ay makaka dalo sa thursday para ilahad ang inyong suhestiyon . salamat po!
August 16 at 1:37am · LikeUnlike

Joel Aldor I'll try to free my sked so I can come. I can assist people with technical questions about the restoration process.
August 16 at 1:38am · LikeUnlike

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe ok po. salamat po...
August 16 at 1:44am · LikeUnlike

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe paki dala po yung slide presentation natin noon sa artist guild paki amend nalang po nung mga changes...
August 16 at 1:45am · LikeUnlike

Joel Aldor Ok, will do. But I don't have a projector. Meron ba kayong mahihiraman?
August 16 at 1:46am · LikeUnlike

Ioannes Ioventus SanctorafaeliCajipe manghihiram nlang po...
August 16 at 1:49am · LikeUnlike

Joel Aldor Ok. Please do. Para maraming taong makakakita ng slide presentation ko. Thanks.
August 16 at 1:52am · LikeUnlike
dada lee lked all these thread....
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Sagip San Cristobal All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: