PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed MRF-landfill and WasteWater Treatment
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Proposed MRF-landfill and WasteWater Treatment Reply with quote

LISCOP personnel made the following presentation on
21 May 2010. Stakeholders were invited to this meeting. Unfortunately, only 5 members of the Sangguniang Bayan were able to attend. However, the materials presented are available and I have a secured a copy of the presentation and I am posting some of the pertinent details here. This meeting was held over a year ago and as illustrated here, this information is easily obtainable.

The subproject has been very much modified from its initial drawing in 2008. The main reason for the modification is budgetary constraint and identification of the main source of high strength wastewater. The current proposed subproject is estimated to cost 4.6 M pesos and the funding will be according to LISCOP guidelines where Paete would have about half of this amount as a grant and the other as a loan, payable in 15 years at 12% per annum interest.

The other subproject is a sanitary landfill and materials recovery facility to be situated in sitio Sta. Ana on the lot kindly donated by Nel Africano. This subproject is estimated to cost 11 M pesos, again with the same funding framework by LISCOP.

In specific numbers, for the first three years, payment of the loan will be 896,022 pesos per year and for the next 12 years, the payment will be 1,182,084 pesos. These numbers are all within the development fund of Paete which will range from 8 million pesos this year to about 15 million near the end of this loan. The cost of these subprojects comprise nearly 10% of the development fund of Paete.

The costs of not doing these subprojects are unknown at this point. Biological growth is tricky - the past is not a reliable measure. Things could grow quickly and disease could easily creep up suddenly. Waste management is a very important health concern and prevention is better than cure. These subprojects are cheaper than clinics and deaths. In addition, Paete will be in violation of two Republic Acts (Clean Water and the Solid Waste Acts). The fact that these two subprojects are on the table is the only thing that is giving Paete the time and the excuse. Without these two subprojects, I am not sure what will happen to Paete. Time will make these subprojects more costly. One of the main objectives of these subprojects is to wake up Paete to the cost of waste management. It is only through a full realization of our impact to the environment could we learn how to reduce, reuse and recycle. These two subprojects illustrate a responsibility that the town of Paete would finally take. It is an action that nature has long been waiting for. It is not complete but it is a beginning of a process in which Paete would reconcile itself with nature. Inaction is a refusal to take this responsibility.

The proposed sanitary landfill is standard, equipped with a plastic lining in addition to a 60 cm. clay lining. But the hope in this subproject is the materials recovery facility would save a big fraction of the waste, which will lead to a longer life of the landfill and provide revenue for the facility. I do not have details of that subproject. Unlike the landfill/recovery facility subproject, the wastewater treatment facility is innovative so its details may not be common knowledge so here are the highlights of that presentation given by LLDA on May, 2010:

PAETE CONSTRUCTED WETLANDS
Feasibility Study and DAED

Initial Description:

Former natural wetlands that act as wastewater treatment have been converted to rice fields. The project therefore aims to restore what nature had at first before Paete took it away.

A medium term strategy - an interceptor system which allows for the drain to overflow during storms or rainy season (This is similar to the sewage system in Massachusetts, for example).

The public market and slaughterhouses are the source of "high-strength" wastewater.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vision:

Prepare a Master Plan for the local government of Paete in recovering its lost lakeshore wetlands and find a beneficial use for them.

The wetlands should be able to treat the wastewater of the community before discharge to the lake.

Recovered wetlands to be patterned after the Arcata marsh in California.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Objectives:

Minimize the entry into Laguna Lake of organic pollution generated by the Paete community

Design a sewage interception system that will account for the high-strength wastewaters generated daily

Design a pilot low-cost wastewater treatment facility for the identified priority wastewater flows

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Constraints:

Dedicated sewer networks not possible at this time

Combined sewer network is feasible, but may need extensive drainage infrastructure in some areas. Polluted creek feeding into the Paete River downstream of the market cannot be intercepted at this time.

Only 5,000 m2 of wetland area can be made available by the local government in the short term. Most of the former wetlands made into ricefields are already in private hands.

Identified wetland area regularly gets inundated by the lake during heavy rains in the Laguna Lake basin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strategy:

Divide the Master Plan into phases that will be doable for the local government considering limitations in funding

Free Water Surface (FWS) wetland instead of Subsurface Flow (SSF)

Project to be in two or more phases:

Phase 1: convert 5,000 m2 of ricefield along the lakeshore into a pilot FWS constructed wetland, treating the high-strength wastewater of the community

Phase 2: convert the remaining lakeshore of Paete into a FWS wetland

First Phase:

Design the FWS wetland cell in the 5,000 m2 ricefield along the lakeshore, to be acquired by the local government from the private owner. This, I heard, has been accomplished. This site is near the route to Wawa Park (between the route and Outfall 6, which lies south of Wawa Park)

Divert all the public market and slaughterhouse wastewaters to be directly sent to the wetland for treatment. Leave the rest of Paete River flow untreated.

Divert some of the flow rom Outfall 6 to the FWS wetland cell, if the wetland can accept it.

Design pre-treatment works for the high strength WW.

Based on our calculations, the 5,000 m2 wetland can only accommodate a total flow of 69 m3/day. Only part of the public market outfall flow can be fed; the rest need to be bypassed. All of the slaughterhouse wastewater should be fed to the wetland.

Treatment Process:

Screenings and grease trap at the public market and slaughterhouse

Anaerobic Baffled Reactor (ABR) at slaughterhouse area as pre-treatment for slaughterhouse wastewater

One cell Free Water Surface wetland

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros of Free Water Surface wetland:

Cheaper to build than engineered SSF wetlands

Not prone to clogging due to solid wastes and high suspended solids

Site condition (including annual flooding of lakeshore) only allows very little hydraulic gradient between inlet and outlet. FWS wetland requires little hydraulic gradient

Allows higher biodiversity in the wetland.

Disadvantages:

Bigger land requirement compared to Subsurface wetlands

Potential for breeding mosquitoes (but take note even if there is no wetland, there are mosquitoes already in the community)

Elevation of wetland dike from lake level: 1.75 m

Dynamic lakeshore line:

Laguna Lake receives excess water from the Manggahan floodway during heavy rains to avoid Pasig River overflowing its banks in Manila. The water is released slowly to the sea afterwards.

Initial plants for wetland:

Phragmites karka
Typha latifolia

Master Plan:

Phase 1
Addresses only part of the flow from the Public Market and/or Outfall 6 and the entire Slaughterhouse WW flow
Total land area: 0.5 hectares
Capital cost estimate: P 4.6 M

Phase 2 onwards
Addresses all combined sewer flows from Outfalls 2 to 6.
Total indicated land requirement: ~30 hectares (depends on project phasing)
Capital cost estimate: P 50 M (for future validation in a detailed FS)

Construction concerns:

Strict compliance to elevation specifications
Gravity flow entirely
Refer to benchmarks (located on the bridge) used in project survey

Where to get the plants and setting up the nursery
Need for field search for Typha and Phragmites
Flow monitoring and adjustment
Weir equations training for field staff after construction

Specific Management concerns:

Solid waste management in the town
Prevention of non-biodegradable matter from reaching the wetland area
Mosquitoes? Snakes?
Mosquitoes and snakes are a recurring problem in the community even without the wetland.
Hydraulic & Organic Overloading
Fact: The pilot FWS wetland will have a limited capacity
Proper training of concerned personnel
Eventual expansion of project to accommodate more flows (Phase 2 onwards)
Macrophytes uncontrolled spread
Regular monitoring and harvesting, if necessary
Future buffer zones between planted areas and ricefields
Performance data
Phase 1 is a pilot wetland. It’s performance should be assessed for future project replication.

Community Consultation:

Stakeholders No. of Participants
Barangay Council 5
Neighboring Barangay 1 2
Fisherman’s Representatives 2
People’s Organization 3
Non-Government Organization 1
Household heads near the sub-project Site 5
Slaughter and Market vendors 3
Subtotal 21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a single voice and I do not live in Paete. This is truly for the people of Paete to decide. I post the above for everyone to see and read. An informed decision is necessary. I see no reason to be against the project and this is my humble opinion.

The World Bank Engineers and LISCOP personnel are scheduled to meet once and for all with SB members on Aug. 5, I do hope everyone attends.

Last edited by adedios on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
TonyB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is valuable information. Thanks.
Indeed the financials look okay and doable.
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insan,

Maraming salamat!

Ireserba ko na lang ang mga tanong ko sa Aug. 5.

Vice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Proposed MRF-landfill and WasteWater Treatment Reply with quote

adedios wrote:

I am a single voice and I do not live in Paete. This is truly for the people of Paete to decide. I post the above for everyone to see and read. An informed decision is necessary. I see no reason to be against the project and this is my humble opinion.

The World Bank Engineers and LISCOP personnel are scheduled to meet once and for all with SB members on Aug. 5, I do hope everyone attends.

Oo nga eh, I don't know why we did not hear a single word from the main proponent of these projects.

Anyways, Angel, thank you for posting the above...I must admit that it opened my eyes and changed many negative perceptions that I have about the projects..bakit kasi ngayon lang na-post ito.

..but I still believe that a landfill in Sta Ana shld be & must be avoided...I have no suggestion where but for heaven sake..not near the Tatlong Krus!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Proposed MRF-landfill and WasteWater Treatment Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

..but I still believe that a landfill in Sta Ana shld be & must be avoided...I have no suggestion where but for heaven sake..not near the Tatlong Krus!!!

A sanitary landfill with a materials recovery facility is a much much better option than having an illegal open dumpsite in Sitio Sta. Ana - I think this is pretty obvious and clear.

I totally agree, when I said Landfill shld not be built in Sta Ana, it goes without saying that an open dumpsite is definetely out of the question, too. No one says an open dumpsite in Sta Ana or anywhere else is an option.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VM & SB

Prof. de Dios has been pro-actively looking for information and enlarging our vision (which Ka Noel has initiated). That’s what you should have been doing instead of waiting and reacting when something goes amiss. Granted that you have a dysfunctional working relationship with the mayor, if you believed enough on this project, wouldn’t you be setting aside your own sentiments to join him in his efforts for this project to materialize? If you need to hound him for answers, by all means, do so. If you have doubts on the project and its implementation, would you not double your involvement to understand every facet of it and address problem areas? I would, if that’s what would get results. I would, if I am presumptive enough to think I’d be shouldering the responsibility of paying in the coming years. Your joint forces would have resolved a lot of misunderstanding and/or addressed other issues of concern. By being an active participant, you could best protect the negotiations, rather than making insinuations. But I guess, the people’s health is not big enough a priority for you.

P16M grant is in jeopardy because you do not act. Waiting, wondering (nagtataka) and reacting are ineffectual way of dealing with major problems as sanitation is. I do not understand how you can pass up on a $16M grant (that's where this project is headed the way you are handling it) just because you are so focused on the half-empty glass of yours.

P16M loan, which has been determined to be within Paete’s paying capability by the lender, is in jeopardy because you shrink from the responsibility. Let me quote VM,
“Ang gusto ko lang i-raise ay utang ang pinag uusapan at milyon ang halaga.”
“Ano ba talaga ang priority natin? Exactly! What is your priority? Sa palagay ko ay mas dapat nating unahin ang problema dito sa local at pag okey at luwag na then isunod natin yung problemang national (Laguna Lake).When the Lake is dead? Kailangan bang isanla agad natin ang kita ng munisipyo sa darating na 15 years sa ganito katinding proyekto para kumbinsihin ang ibang bayan na kailangan din nilang gawin at tularan tayo?” We are not proving anything to other towns. We are simply taking advantage of the agencies’ offers so we can fix our own local waste water problem. Saving Laguna de Bay is a local concern, too. Our fishermen depend on the lake for their living, for one thing.

Creditors do not release money to credit-unworthy borrowers. We already passed their scrutiny. Is there anything not clear in the budget that we do not know of? If you have misgivings regarding the budget, we need to know and have clarifications as well.

“Lagi na pong lubog sa tubig ang portion ng Wawa. Baka po masayang lang ang pera at siguradong minimal lang ang epekto kumpara sa laki ng Laguna Lake.” If Paete is not contributing to the problem, we have done our part, and that is a tremendous help and accomplishment.

Instead of being a proponent, your outlook has influenced our people the other way. Instead of actively finding information, you feed us with your wonderings and doubts. That, too, is misinforming the public.

At this point, I hope you are not only securing more data (online or from the agencies, as Prof has shown is possible), analyzing, and disseminating them to every corner of Paete so that come August 5, more people would have digested the information to raise their own questions. Please do not just wait. Rally the people.

And please, expand your horizon, for the people of Paete are creative and resourceful. They need not be limited.
frjdelarosa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ginawa ko lang po sa google earth, para makita yung eksaktong lokasyon at sukat. sana po kahit papaano makatulong po ito.

Sa Atas ng Punong Bayan - KGG. EMMANUEL B. CADAYONA

MARIO BALAN
MPDC Staff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey po! Direktahin ko na po. Binulabog ko po talaga dahil papunta na nga po dun sa proseso ng huling requirment (Appropriation Ordinance) sa loan application. Ginawa po ng SB ang mga naunang pagbibigay ng karapatan sa Punongbayan at pagpapakita ng interes sa pag utang ng walang matinding deliberasyon sa intindihan na ibabalik sa hapag ng SB ang magiging resulta ng pag aaral at plano ng proyekto. Ang kaso ay hindi nga po ibinalik sa hapag ng SB.

Katulad na lang po nung Feasibility Study at Detailed Engineering & Architectural Design ng WWTF ay noong pang April 2010 tapos at nasa office of the Mayor na pero kung hindi pa po ako gumawa ng paraan last week ay hindi ako magkaroon ng kopya. Pinapa scan ko para i-post dito kaso ay nagluko po yung scanner. Malinaw naman po sa deliberasyon noong nakaraang taon 2010 na ito ay dapat pag usapan sa SB kaso ay hindi nga isinumite.

Yun pong sa Sanitary Landfill ay wala po talagang napagpulungan o inilahad sa SB na ito ngang utang sa LISCOP na mula sa original na upgrading ng MRF ay maging pag utang na para sa Sanitary Landfill sa Sta. Ana kaya ako ay nagtaka at nagsimula ng mag react dahil hindi man lang ito isinangguni sa SB. Makikita naman po sa mga naging dokumento at petsa ng donasyon ng lupa at addendum na ito ay huli na ng isumite sa SB para sa kaukulang aksyon.

Kailangan ko pong gawin na mai-post sa usap ang issue dahil ramdam ko na mapagtitibay ito ng walang malinaw na paglalahad sa kapulungan. Kahit po sa regular session ay binanggit ko na sa mga Konsehales , nakiusap pa po ako na ilahad na ang mga kailangang plano at dokumento para wag nang tumagal ito at baka mapagkamalan pa na hina-hard time ang proyekto. Pero hanggang sa ngayon ay wala pa ding isinusumite na detalyadong plano kung ano ang gagawin sa Sta. Ana. Kung tutuusin po ay malaking epekto yung Addendum sa donasyon na kailan lang isinumite sa SB pero matagal na pala kay Mayor yun.

Kung ibinigay lang po sana sa SB ang mga detalyadong plano at disenyo sana po ay noon ko pa nai-post ang mga ito dito sa usap dahil napakahalaga po na malaman din ninyo ang ganitong proyekto at makapagbigay din ng opinyon at makatulong. At malamang hindi na tayo umabot sa ganito.

Sa palagay po ninyo kung hindi ko ito binulabog ay mapag uusapan po baga ito dito ng ganito. Ang nais ko lang po kahit noong simula pa lang ng pagtalakay dito na ilahad nga po yung plano at disenyo para mapag usapan na nga at sa tingin ko nga po ay naghahabol ng oras.

Kaya nga po noong sabihin na may pagpupulong sa August 5 ay natuwa ako dahil sa wakas ay mukhang mapagbibigyan ang aking hiling. Sabi ko pa nga po na irereserba ko na lang yung mga tanong ko sa nabanggit na petsa.

Mahalaga po na malaman di lang namin kundi natin ang ang mga kaganapan sa ating bayan lalo at sa pamamahala. Marami pong apektado sa nasabing mga proyekto at dapat nilang malaman yun kahit papaano dahil kasama po yan sa mga tungkulin namin.

Paano ko po ilalahad dito ang mga bagay na hindi ko rin alam dahil hindi nga dumaan sa SB?

Kung napalabo ko po ang tubig ay nais ko lang pong luminaw ito para na din sa atin at mukhang lilinaw na.

adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
VM & SB

Prof. de Dios has been pro-actively looking for information and enlarging our vision (which Ka Noel has initiated). That’s what you should have been doing instead of waiting and reacting when something goes amiss. Granted that you have a dysfunctional working relationship with the mayor, if you believed enough on this project, wouldn’t you be setting aside your own sentiments to join him in his efforts for this project to materialize? If you need to hound him for answers, by all means, do so. If you have doubts on the project and its implementation, would you not double your involvement to understand every facet of it and address problem areas? I would, if that’s what would get results. I would, if I am presumptive enough to think I’d be shouldering the responsibility of paying in the coming years. Your joint forces would have resolved a lot of misunderstanding and/or addressed other issues of concern. By being an active participant, you could best protect the negotiations, rather than making insinuations. But I guess, the people’s health is not big enough a priority for you.

P16M grant is in jeopardy because you do not act. Waiting, wondering (nagtataka) and reacting are ineffectual way of dealing with major problems as sanitation is. I do not understand how you can pass up on a $16M grant (that's where this project is headed the way you are handling it) just because you are so focused on the half-empty glass of yours.

P16M loan, which has been determined to be within Paete’s paying capability by the lender, is in jeopardy because you shrink from the responsibility. Let me quote VM,
“Ang gusto ko lang i-raise ay utang ang pinag uusapan at milyon ang halaga.”
“Ano ba talaga ang priority natin? Exactly! What is your priority? Sa palagay ko ay mas dapat nating unahin ang problema dito sa local at pag okey at luwag na then isunod natin yung problemang national (Laguna Lake).When the Lake is dead? Kailangan bang isanla agad natin ang kita ng munisipyo sa darating na 15 years sa ganito katinding proyekto para kumbinsihin ang ibang bayan na kailangan din nilang gawin at tularan tayo?” We are not proving anything to other towns. We are simply taking advantage of the agencies’ offers so we can fix our own local waste water problem. Saving Laguna de Bay is a local concern, too. Our fishermen depend on the lake for their living, for one thing.

Creditors do not release money to credit-unworthy borrowers. We already passed their scrutiny. Is there anything not clear in the budget that we do not know of? If you have misgivings regarding the budget, we need to know and have clarifications as well.

“Lagi na pong lubog sa tubig ang portion ng Wawa. Baka po masayang lang ang pera at siguradong minimal lang ang epekto kumpara sa laki ng Laguna Lake.” If Paete is not contributing to the problem, we have done our part, and that is a tremendous help and accomplishment.

Instead of being a proponent, your outlook has influenced our people the other way. Instead of actively finding information, you feed us with your wonderings and doubts. That, too, is misinforming the public.

At this point, I hope you are not only securing more data (online or from the agencies, as Prof has shown is possible), analyzing, and disseminating them to every corner of Paete so that come August 5, more people would have digested the information to raise their own questions. Please do not just wait. Rally the people.

And please, expand your horizon, for the people of Paete are creative and resourceful. They need not be limited.

Thank you for reiterating the important points I have been making. As I noted, during that presentation made by LLDA personnel regarding the proposed waste water treatment only 5 SB members were present. With regard to the sanitary landfill, the waste management board met on this issue and as noted in the minutes, it awaits the SB for final approval.

Thank you for posting here a map of the sites. This map, if I am not mistaken, was shown in the Waste Management Board meeting that concluded that the current dumpsite is the only site available for a sanitary landfill. The map shown hopefully brings Paete to the realization that it does not even have full control of the uplands. The neighboring town of Kalayaan has already built a landfill 3 kilometers from Tatlong Krus. And on this map, the road could be seen. Building a landfill where there is no access could not provide an answer that is immediately needed at this point. That would be prohibitive not just in cost but also in time because building a road requires both money and time. And I repeat my previous statement, building a road increases access not just to the municipality but also to those who are destroying the forest.

Increasing the awareness of the town to environmental concerns is not free. The only lesson from which we could learn is realizing how much impact we have. The only time it becomes clear is when we are paying the price. These subprojects serve that purpose. It is a much better wake up call than deaths and calamity. The materials recovery facility as well as the waste water treatment teach us and make us aware of what we are doing. It is only with that awareness that a desire to reduce, reuse and recycle, and conserve becomes a reality. Taking care of the environment is a responsibility. And it is not free.

These subprojects did not evolve in the dark.

http://paete.org/forums/viewto.....7564#47564

The photos taken from the trip above was not a simple excursion. It served the purpose of seeing first hand the landfill in Kalayaan. You could see in the background the power lines - indicating where this site is located. The first part of the waste water treatment project (Anaerobic Baffle Reactor) is part of a project that is already in operation in Santa Cruz. It is clear that Paete is not way ahead but lagging behind the efforts of protecting the environment in Laguna.
Mario Ramos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Anonymous to VM and SB Reply with quote

I "THINK"- the Anonymous writer to : VM and SB which was later answered by Prof. Dr. Angel de Dios was the mayor himself. The way the letter was composed and the wordings were very suspicious - "an answer to the VM from his last few postings" per exchanges with the professor. If the writer is the mayor himself, I commend him for his answers for it tries to clear the issues we Paetenos need to know. But, I "THINK"- that if I am right, that he was the real author, then he must be courageous enough to accept and must straightly answer the VM's allegations in a public forum like this. This is only my own view according to my own analysis and not saying the anonymous writer was the mayor for sure.
Unfortunately, the Legislative and the Executive branches of Paete are not communicating eye to eye. This is my view and my own comment regarding the last few exchanges between Prof. De Dios and Vice Mutuk. I think it's time for all of us to really know what is all behind these.
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulad ng lagi kong inuulit. Kaisa po ako sa paniwalang Sanitary Landfill ang sagot sa ating problema sa basura. Ngunit may mga bagay bagay po tayo na kailangang isaalang alang tulad ng lupang gagamitin. Kailangang masigurado na ang perang uutangin at gagamitin sa proyekto ay mapapalagay sa maayos at sa layuning hindi masasayang ang lahat ng ito. Nagkataon lang po na nagkaroon ng suliranin sa kondisyon ng donasyon. Hindi pa pala lubusang alam ng nag donasyon ay agad na ginamit ito sa pag utang bilang lugar na panukalang sanitary landfill. Bagama't nakumbinsi nitong huli ay meron palang karagdagang kondisyon at ngayon ay pansamantala lamang at kailangang matukoy ang takdang panahon para di naman masayang ang gagastusin. Maraming katanungan na kailangang masagot kaya't ang disenyo at plano ay kailangang ilahad. At kailan po kaya ilalahad? Gusto ko na rin pong matapos itong suliraning ito pero wag po tayong padalos dalos. Kung ito lang po ay idinaan sa tamang proseso sana ay di tayo nagkakagulo ngayon. Ano ang gagawin sa nakatambak ng basura at hanggang kailan ito ipapagamit bilang MRF at sanitary landfill batay sa isinasaad sa addendum ng donasyon ng lupa? Ilang buwan gagawin ang proyekto para malubos ang paggamit nito? Para walang pagkalito ay ilahad ang disenyo at plano at kung okey naman po pala ay di walang problema.
guestrider/rey bagalso

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very obvious that the VM and SB was intentionally deceived for whatever ulterior motive the executive branch has. Some dont understand what honesty and integrity means, if you meant it well, show it. Thats all the VM wants. If you all meant well for our town, what are you hiding? Is these too much to ask? Our town will pay for this project and they have the rights to know whats going on. Our main problem is the solid waste and nobody is questioning the necessity of this matter. Get together, work together and we will all succeed, otherwise, it will just be like the computers, wasting away due to lack of foresight and studies. .
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adedios wrote:
The first part of the waste water treatment project (Anaerobic Baffle Reactor) is part of a project that is already in operation in Santa Cruz. It is clear that Paete is not way ahead but lagging behind the efforts of protecting the environment in Laguna.

Alam ko po ito. Ito pong waste water treatment ay para sa bagong slaugtherhouse ng Sta. Cruz Laguna. Dahil masyado pong maraming kinakatay na hayop dun. Inilipat po kasi at doon dati nakalagay sa may kalapit lang ng Ilog malapit sa may bumbero sa may palengke. Kung di po ako nagkakamali ay 1 milyong piso ang halaga noon. Bukod pa dun sa kanilang MRF with Composting.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vice Mayor Mutuk:

I do hope that you review your position very well before the August 5 meeting. Please understand that you are meeting with LISCOP. What this means is that Paete is a proponent of this project. What does this really mean? The rest of the world is providing your town with the capacity to address your sanitation issues. It took years to obtain such opportunity. And none of this was secret. The photos that you took showing the dumpsite in sitio Sta. Ana and the landfill in Kalayaan vividly remind all of us that these are real. And you know the seriousness of the problem.

The questions you are raising are not for LISCOP to answer but for Paete to respond. How long the landfill will be in operation and what will be done in restoring the site fully rest on the shoulders of Paete's leaders. What LISCOP and the World Bank are doing is enabling the town of Paete to address the problems. LISCOP and World Bank have provided technical assistance and I believe that they will continue to participate and assist in these projects. LISCOP likewise needs to prove to the world that it is worthy of the funding.

But the important part of this grant is that it is an enabling grant. It is supposed to strengthen your government so that it could properly address its daunting problems of waste management.

How long it will take to remedy the dumpsite is a technical question and could be addressed in the meeting.

I hope there are no more insinuations of deals being made in the dark. There are innocent people who are being falsely accused. There are people who worked hard for Paete to get this hard-earned opportunity. Misunderstandings happen on a process that Paete may not be familiar with. But misunderstandings need to be cleared and not further agitated if indeed there is a genuine desire from Paete to finally take responsibility for its environment.

-Angel
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel,

Taka nga ako at sila (LISCOP) ang kapulong. Yung plano at disenyo lang naman lambing ko. Pero ok na rin, baka kailangan nga sila.

Sensya na sa abala,

Vice

mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel,

Nakadelihensiya na ako ng kopya nito lang at may nagmagandang loob. Yung pagkatapos ng phase 1. Yung phase 2 onwards ang gusto ko talagang malaman. Nakita ko na yung master plan base sa feasibility study at yung DEAD nung phase 1. I-post ko na lang dito pag na-scan ko na.

Vice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: An appeal to VM, Sanguniang Bayan & Barangay Captains Reply with quote

Dear Vice Mutuk, Mga Kasanguni, and Barangay Captains,

As we all know, the Sanitary Landfill and WWT project is a complex one and this is a big step towards taking responsibility.

Our people will need help to understand the gravity of our sanitary problems. Some do, but some could use more help.

They will need to understand the scope of the project and subprojects. The technicalities can be overwhelming.

They will need help to get past the normal reaction that comes when taking on new responsibility. Some will balk at paying extra tax, if there is any. I do not know if the proposed budget included taxing the people to pay for the loan, but the people need to understand that if they have to, paying the price is the right thing to do. Paetenians will understand that, I know, but extra bill is just not the most welcomed thing for anyone. A big chunk of the cost will be paid for by the grant, so Paete’s share is reduced. I do hope there is no need for taxing and that the extra allotment from the gov is enough. Otherwise, the leaders and the people need to work together to pay for it. There is a big hand held out right in front of us, but we need to add our efforts to move our town from irresponsibility to responsible behavior.

There are still issues to be resolved so please deal with them. We look up to you to lead us and not be bogged down by obstacles. Put your minds and efforts together to work towards finding solutions while sidestepping trivialities. Please secure all the materials you need to understand the project before the meeting. Would any of you be big a man enough to set aside whatever has been holding you, walk to the Mayor’s office and ask him to share what he could regarding the project?

On August 5, as you meet with LISCOP, I urge you all to attend, to come prepared and well versed with the materials, and in the position to assure our people and lead them to move forward.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minutes of the MSWMB meeting-MARCH 7, 2011 2PM

The chairman presented the LISCOP program, what are the facilities, how much is grant, how much is Loan, the payment scheme etc. Pictures of the present controlled dump site and a Google map showing the distance from tatlong cruz was also shown. After the presentation the Chairman asked each member including all Barangay Kaptains and SB members if they know of any alternative location for a sanitary landfill. Apparently, there was none. At this point, VM aired his objection to the present site to be the Sanitary Landfill and that we should look for a farther site that is safer. He also maintained that he was not aware until recently (Feb 2Cool that the deed of donation was revised to include the Eco Park. There was a short rebuttal between him and Admin Bokwet and the Chairman cut it short saying it is not important to discuss it in the meeting. VM suggested a site that is located at Sitio Tandong, Brgy Ilaya del Sur. This was concurred by the ABC President Kap. Bagongahasa, Brgy. Kap. of Ilaya del Sur, that there is indeed a possible site at Tandong but explained further that the site is about 1.5 km away from Sitio Alutay and that there is no access road. A rough estimate of the funding and the time table needed in developing Tandong was made. Constructing a virgin road of1.5 km long will cost P15MM; constructing the Landfill will cost P15MM. The cost of land is nothing as VM said its only P4/ sqm. Assuming we can get the funding in the next two years (the Chairman commented that we are the last batch of the LISCOP program), construction of
the road network say one year, construction of the facilities another one year, permits from various government agencies, one year. So we are looking for a total of approximately 5 years. At this point the Chairman asked the question: Do you think it is acceptable if we continue using the Sta. Ana Site for 5 years as a controlled dump site while we are developing Tandong? Admin Cosico commented that it is not possible because we will be violating the law as controlled dumping is no longer permitted. The reason why we are able to continue with our operations is because we have a pending application for a Sanitary Landfill. MPDC Tolentino cmmented that it would it be a better idea if we proceed with the application for Sta. Ana Site to be our Sanitary Landfill because by the
time the Tandong site is developed, the Sta. Ana landfill is almost full and we
can transfer the facilities to Tandong after 5 yrs or so. All present Barangay
Kaptains agreed. At this Point, MPDC Tolentino moved that we proceed with the development of the Sta. Ana site to be Paete's Sanitary Landfill and Material
Recovery Facilities. It was seconded by several Brgy. Kaptains. I asked if there
are any objections and there was none. Thus the Proposed Sanitary Landfill and
MRF at Sta. Ana was unanimously approved. VM made a final remark that he wants it to be clear that the approval is only by the MSWMB and that the final
approval is that of the Sangguniang Bayan. It was duly noted and the meeting was adjourned at about 4PM.
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kainaman din ang pagka construct ng sentence para palabasing tutol na tutol ako hehehe! Hindi naman po yata ganyan ang buod ng pagkakasabi ko. Nang itanong po kung may alam po na iba pang lugar na pwedeng pagtapunan doon po ako tumaas ng kamay at sinabi ko na sa may Tandong ay pwede daw ayon kay Kang Sebio Baldemor noong magkausap kami sa Sitio Alutay dahil walang sapa at sa kabilang side na ng bundok going to Pacific Ocean ang agos ng tubig ulan at sinang ayunan naman ni Kap. Hermie ng Brgy. 5.

Napagtibay naman po ng SB yung naging kapasiyahan ng MSWMB dangan po lamang at biglang dumating yung pamangkin o pinsan ng nag donate ng lupa. May iniabot na sulat na may lagda ng nagdonate ng lupa, humihingi ng dagliang pagpupulong tungkol dun sa paggamit ng lupa ng lihis sa kondisyon ng donasyon. Napagkaisahan po sa isang emergency meeting na pawalang bisa yung pagpapatibay ng SB dun sa naging kapasiyahan ng MSWMB at antayin ang magiging resulta ng meeting. Walang naganap na meeting kaya't nakabitin sa alanganin. Nito nga lang pong July 15, ay may natanggap kaming addendum ukol sa donasyon ng lupa.

Ito po pala yung hinahanap na addendum ngunit bakit po kaya ngayon lang lumitaw?

Malaki po ang epekto nito sa proyekto. Hanggang kailan po kaya yung pansamantalang pwede itong ipagamit bilang MRF at Sanitary Landfill? Kailangan na po dito yung disenyo at plano. Ilang buwan din po kaya gagawin yung proyekto para lubusang magamit? At ano ang gagawin dun sa nakatambak ng mga basura? Hindi naman po ako ganun katutol katunayan ay napagtibay na nga kaso ay biglang nagkaproblema sa donasyon ng lupa. Ito po yung inaalam at pag naging maganda o pabor naman po ang tugon ay sya diretso po. Kailangan po nating maging sigurista at baka magkaproblema ay baka panibagong utang na naman para lang sa paglilipat.

adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vice Mutuk:

Your position brings Paete to the following situation:

If there is no land for the sanitary landfill, I think, the LISCOP projects will be automatically rejected because this is required by LISCOP

The current dumpsite in sitio Sta. Ana would not be allowed to continue to operate and will require cleaning and renovation

- this will require Paete to negotiate what could be done in the meantime (maybe, Paete can beg Kalayaan to allow Paete to use its landfill - I am not even sure if this is possible - this will probably go against resolutions made by the Sangguniang Bayan of Kalayaan, as I imagine, Paete, for example, before building its own sanitary landfill will make sure that it has a strict provision that no other town may use it = Kalayaan probably did the same)
- the current dumpsite which you decided as temporary will require money and time to renovate and clean
- this is perhaps the last opportunity to get funding from LISCOP during this phase - it will take years to get Paete to apply for funding and that will depend on whether LISCOP gets new funding from the World Bank or the Netherlands. The World Bank, I think, is scheduled to look at this program again in 2014, that is when new funds may become available.

I do not know what LLDA will do with regard to the waste water being dumped by the public market and slaughterhouse into Laguna de Bay.

This places Paete with no plans and less resources to address its waste management issues

Not having the land forces Paete in this direction. But I hope the leaders of Paete like you are more than prepared to find other solutions because this responsibility likewise rests on your shoulders.

It is what it is.

Good luck.

-Angel
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vice Mutuk:

I was openly concerned against your decision to make a dumpsite in sitio Sta. Ana:

At that time this is what I wrote in the mailing list:

> --- On Thu, 9/16/10, a_c_de_dios <a_c_de_dios> wrote:
>
> From: a_c_de_dios <a_c_de_dios>
> Subject: [PL] Solid Waste Management in Paete
> To: paete_mailing_list@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, September 16, 2010, 11:08 PM
>

Acting mayor Mutuk has been diligent enough to provide us with updates regarding the garbage situation in Paete. About two months ago, the neighboring town of Lumban passed a resolution disallowing Paete to dump its garbage into its controlled dumpsite.

http://paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10449

As a result, Paete has nowhere to place its garbage. The solution that has been applied uses a lot kindly donated by Nel Africano somewhere in Sitio Sta. Ana:

http://paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10475

This solution apparently is temporary. These dumpsites, of course, will not pass standards accepted worldwide for sanitary landfills. A more lasting solution requires a landfill that meets standards such as having proposed methods for pollution prevention and abatement; proposed operation, monitoring and control plan; and a plan for closure and aftercare procedures. The reality is that Paete does not have zero waste. Solid waste can be reduced further so that it approaches zero but in the meantime,
while it is not zero, there needs to be a place to put the solid waste. Without a long term plan, short term solutions will be made like the one above. The problem with these short term solutions is that they are temporary and because these are made in haste - there maybe more serious problems down the road.

-------

-Angel
kanoel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE LAST AND FINAL SAY:
Dear Mr. Mario Ramos,
Hindi po ako yong tinutukoy nyo. Pls check the IP address. Hindi ko po ugaling mag post ng anonymous at hindi po ako takot sagutin ang mga aligasyon ng Kgg. na Pangalawang Punong Bayan.
Dear Mr. Rey Basgalso,
You said : "It is very obvious that the VM and SB was intentionally deceived for whatever ulterior motive the executive branch has. Some dont understand what honesty and integrity means,"
I wish you were not so quick in drawing these harsh conclusions. This could give you a bad feeling of having your foot in your mouth.

I tried to restrain myself from replying to the Postings of the Honorable Vice Mayor because I thought it may only add to further confusion and irritation; but since you asked for it, (and also, I've had enough of his misleading and false allegations), here is my reply:

That he wasn't aware of the loan proposals;

("Yun pong sa Sanitary Landfill ay wala po talagang napagpulungan o inilahad sa SB na ito ngang utang sa LISCOP na mula sa original na upgrading ng MRF ay maging pag utang na para sa Sanitary Landfill sa Sta. Ana.")
The schedule of funding was presented to the committee meeting of the SB (chaired by Kon. Emer Gajitos) by the Municipal Finance Committee (Mun. Tres, Budget Officer, Mun. Acct. and MPDC and the Mun. Engr.) All SB counselors are very much aware of this, how come the Vice Mayor doesn't know? Is he not reading committee reports? During the last meeting of the Municipal Solid Waste Management Board, last March 7, 2011, I personally presented the Loan/Grant/Equity scheme of LISCOP where VM Mutok attended (please see the Minutes posted by Prof. Angel).

That the tech design of the Sanitary Landfill was never presented to him;

("Kung ibinigay lang po sana sa SB ang mga detalyadong plano at disenyo sana po ay noon ko pa nai-post ang mga ito dito sa usap dahil napakahalaga po na malaman din ninyo ang ganitong proyekto at makapagbigay din ng opinyon at makatulong").
On the detailed plans and design of the SLF- The detailed drawings are yet to be finalized. This will come later during the first phase of the implementation. However, he personally inspected the existing SLF of Kalayaan when he was acting Mayor during my leave of absence and they were given a copy of the FS & design. That is why he was convinced that the same project is doable in Sta. Ana (he even posted the site visit in USAP) Engr. Viray Prepared the schematic drawings for costing purposes for the proposed SLF in Sta. Ana, and Vice Mutok instructed Admin Bokwet Cosico to explain them to Mr. Nel Africano.

That Mr. Nel Africano has no knowledge of the proposed SLF.

("Hindi pa pala lubusang alam ng nag donasyon ay agad na ginamit ito sa pag utang bilang lugar na panukalang sanitary landfill.")
He was the one who initiated opening the Sta. Ana dump site during his acting capacity as Mayor. During his incumbency, the Municipal Engineer and Municipal Administrator proceeded in applying for the ECC and pursue the funding scheme offered by LISCOP. It was his duty to inform the owner of the lot knowing that there are specific conditions that would be violated. If he failed to inform Nel, why put the blame on us? I should blame him instead because for that reason, it severed my very good relation with Nel.

That the. FS and DAED for Waste Water Treatment project was likewise deliberately "hidden" from him.

("Katulad na lang po nung Feasibility Study at Detailed Engineering & Architectural Design ng WWTF ay noong pang April 2010 tapos at nasa office of the Mayor na pero kung hindi pa po ako gumawa ng paraan last week ay hindi ako magkaroon ng kopya.
In the posting of Prof. Angel De Dios, it was clearly shown that LISCOP made a detailed project presentation to the Sangguniang Bayan way back in May of 2010. We invited all the SB Members along with other significant stake holders but unfortunately the good Vice Mayor failed to attend and only 5 counselors were present. Now it’s my fault that he knows nothing about this project? If he need a copy of the Project presentation, all he has to do was ask.

That for a long time, I withheld the latest addendum made by Mr. Nel Africano

("Kung tutuusin po ay malaking epekto yung Addendum sa donasyon na kailan lang isinumite sa SB pero matagal na pala kay Mayor yun").
We received the revised addendum only last June 18 (Sat) already signed by Mr. Africano. Jun 19 was a Sunday and June 20 was a holiday. On June 21, I personally showed the document to Kon. Emer Gajitos, committee chairman on finance, without my signature yet, and was formally signed and transmitted to SB on July 15. Why the times lag? If you will notice in the latest addendum which he posted, there are some technical problems in semantics. For example, Mr. Africano wanted the Environmental Park to be temporary. Apparently, Mr. Africano is confused between an Environmental Park and a Sanitary Landfill. I was hoping I could explain to him before I finally sign the documents that the Eco Park is permanent and that it is the Sanitary Landfill that is temporary because after the Landfill is full it will be converted into an Eco Park which is permanent in nature. I desperately sought for a meeting with Mr. Africano but it never materialized so I decided to take it at its face value to avoid further delays. Hence the transmittal was delayed 4 weeks.

This is not public knowledge but for your information we could have completed this Sanitary Landfill / MRF projects way back in 2007. Our town was on the list of the first batch recipients of LISCOP program together with Kalayaan, Pakil, Mabitac and Pangil who's SLF / MRF are now operational. Unfortunately I went for a leave of absence as I was invited in one of the summit meetings of P. I. in the US from July to Sept. 2007. When I came back from vacation there was a letter from LISCOP saying we were deleted because we didn't meet the deadline for submission of the requirements. When I asked counselor Cosico why, he said the acting Mayor opted to wait for me. That is the reason why we are now in the 2nd and last batch of LISCOP program. If we let this pass, then we can kiss this great opportunity to solve our environmental problems goodbye!

The good Vice Mayor tends to forget what he doesn't want to remember. I understand if he has a lot of apprehensions about the two LISCOP sub-projects and I respect his opinion. In fact, it is laudable for an elected official of the town to be outspoken and disseminates his opinion publicly. What I cannot stand is for him to fabricate false allegations and insinuations that are misleading the public only to gain sympathy in order to attain whatever hidden agenda he may have. If he has valid reasons to oppose these projects, then why not simply state the reason in a straight forward manner and justify them in terms of facts and figures. Bakit kailangan pa syang “mambulabog”?

It is not my obligation to post every detail of all projects and programs of government in this forum. This forum is not the official media of the Office of the Mayor. If the Vice Mayor, or any citizen of Paete for that matter needs to know anything, then simply ask for it. If you don't want to see my face, we have our Municipal Administrator who would be more than willing to oblige. The Mayor reports to the Sangguniang Bayan and in turn it is the responsibility of the SB to conduct public hearings. USAP is not the proper forum to air our difference in opinion.

The Sangguniang Bayan has the right and authority to summon the Mayor in their regular session and ask him to explain whatever they deem necessary in aid of legislation. For more than 2 years we have been talking about these projects and not even once was I invited by the SB.

Mr. Vice Mayor, from the very beginning I have done my part. Now we expect you to do yours. As head and presiding officer of the SB, I suggest you use everything in your power and resources to get anything you need from my office, instead of using this forum (which you administer) to make people like Mr. Bagalso believe that I deceived you and the SB and make it appear that I'm not doing anything and it is only you who is making all the efforts to inform the public of what's going on.

So please Vice Mayor Mutok, let us put an end to all this bickering. It will not help in solving our gargantuan environmental problems. I have requested LISCOP to sit down with the Sangguniang Bayan on Aug. 5 to once and for all clarify all your concerns. After all, it is the Sangguniang Bayan as the dully instituted representative of the people of Paete who always have the last and final say.

Sincerely,
Emmanuel B. Cadayona
Municipal Mayor
tlee:not time to login

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: wow! i am glad i just dropped by.... Reply with quote

thank you to all posters bickerings included.... Wink
this seems to be getting worse than the current US dilemma on the debt ceiling problem.... the great House republicans vs the great Senate democrats..... seriously, what is critical here is alsomeeting a deadline right now. it seems that this problem have not been brought entirely to the Paete household... esp now that more household had the experience of proper waste disposal which i consider first phase and temporary solution which is the current sanitary system at Nel's donated property. imho, the entire people of Paete must be included in the meetings and they must be told or MADE TO UNDERSTAND the seroiusness of this problem. and the leaders must act before Aug 5 meeting with Licop? did i say that right? can we get an extension looking for another location? personally, i am against this temporary landfill in use now but i am glad at least it has existed.

it is now time to throw away what has happened, the blame-game is now should be buried... no need to bicker.... i still have faith the Aug 5 meeting will give us positive result! remember, no more blaming anyone please....
God bless Paete and the people in it who are mostly at the mercy of our SB leaders! let us think of the people first.... they are the one who will be living and executing once if, i mean when a solution is reached.
tlee
nagmamasid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Pede po bang magkaisa... Reply with quote

Kagagalang punong-bayan at pangalawang punong-bayan,

Maari po ba magusap at magkasundo kayo? Bai, anu na lamang po ang sasabihin ng ating mga kababayan na kayo ay hindi "good terms". Pakiusap lamang po na gawin nyo ang nararapat para sa mga kabutihan ng ating mga kababayan.

Hindi po basta-basta ang problema ng basura. Nawa'y huwag sana mangyaring ang pagkakahiwalay-hiwalay ng ating mga kababayan. Magkaisa!
Ludy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Vice Mutuk Reply with quote

Very Happy Vice, ako'y nalilito dito sa topic na ito. Bakit ang mga documents ay nakakarating sa Washington, DC pero sa iyo ay hindi? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Pareng Mayor, no offense, nagtataka lang ako Wink Wink At least Vice, nakapasok ka sa White House, kaming andito for many years, hindi makapasok he he he Very Happy Sad

Vice, I support you in this case.

Dito rin sa California, NoCal and Southern PISoCal, kailangan ding bulabugin. Very Happy Very Happy Maraming nangyayari na hindi nagugustuhan ng mga members. I, as elected Auditor resigned, mahirap kong isulat sa report ang mali Wink Wink so I resigned!...and last election, susmariosep, pati ba dito sa America, merong dayaan, because of power hunger. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Pati formal election complaint letter ko, hindi sinasagot...wow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum