PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOURISM BROCHURE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanoel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: TOURISM BROCHURE Reply with quote

Tito,
Here's the scanned copy of our Toursim Brochure for everyone to see.

TonyB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Write-up Reply with quote

>>> Contributing Writers – 14,500

Ka Noel,

I think my brother Tito have many valid points. For example, I cannot see anything in that brochure that will cost P14,500 for the writers. May I know who are the writers? Are they Paetenians? If so, can't they just write pro-bono?

Or is it the bidder SEPMAR provided us the write-up? I think it's grossly disadvantageous to us given that the write-up can be easily done by any Paetenian pro-bono.

I don't think it's malicious to ask for some clarification.

Tony
TonyB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Contract, receipts Reply with quote

Ka Noel,

It would be better if you can also provide us the scanned copy of the contract with SEPMAR Enterprises, and the official BIR receipts that is pertinent to the contract.

Just for clarification purpose lang po.

Thanks.
Tony
y@m@k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me state my comments here at the forum since I am not a member of the Mailing List anymore. I only read all the messages thru the links posted here at USAP and from phone calls I had with "kababayan's" staying in Paete.

I've been in the legal printing business for years and we have a lay-out/design team working on a brochure job from time to time. These brochures act as a selling material or to promote something BIG to anyone who sees it. This seems to me that the brochure is more of a Comic Book Hand-Out Release than a Tourism Brochure.

I wonder if the Sanggunian launched a Project Design team for this. Or it should've been better if the Sanggunian had some sort of design contest from the local Paetenian Artists and students in Paete or abroad, and let the Department Of Tourism decide which is the best brochure Paete should release. I bet, you'll get tons of entries,,, then DOT will be proud to distribute them, and the people of Paete as well!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kanoel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,
Criticism is ok, in fact it is good. But accusations based only on self opinion are malicious. When he posted his first comment about the quality of the brochure, I said there are some valid points that could be incorporated next time we print another set of brochures. But when he posted his printed accusation that we just wasted the tax payers money because DOT them selves refused to distribute the brochures being too embarrassing, (which allegation was denied by DOT personnel at all level), I think this is not only malicious but bordering libel.

Yes, the writers are Paetenians, but they requested anonymity at the moment for reasons they only know.

I’m not sure if I can post the contract with SEPMAR Ent. It may constitute breach of confidentiality. However, as I told your brother, you can, or anybody can scrutinize the documents in our Accounting Dept. any time of your convenience. Or better still, if you can file a verified complaint to COA or Ombudsman so that the people behind this project could be given a chance to vindicate themselves from the impression of all those who are reading this, that there was an anomalous transaction behind this brochures.

I’m sorry if the brochures did not pass the discriminating eyes of people like you who are “brochure experts”. But these “embarrassing” brochures have propelled us to be one of the most important tourism icons in Laguna. Since its distribution last November 2005, we are now averaging 30 buses and 1,500 visitors a month. We are way ahead in our tourism promotion. We are the only Municipality who is a member of PHILTOA, the largest Tour Operator Association in the country. Even the Provincial Tourism Council is following our lead on how to be a member of this prestigious organization.

I’m sorry if this will be my last posting under this subject. I don’t have the luxury of time to answer everything you ask. But I will say again, you are most welcome to look at all the documents you think are necessary to satisfy your curiosity. They are available in our Accounting office all the time.

FOOD FOR THOUHT!
(The ten angels of Abraham Lincoln)

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what's said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten angels swearing I was right would make no difference."

Abraham Lincoln

“Kung sasagutin ko ang lahat ng upasala, maaaring ipasara ko na lang ang aking opisina at sagutin na lamang ng sagutin ang mga ito. Nagawa ko ng lahat ang dapat kong gawin, at gagawin ko pa sa abot ng aking makakaya.

Kung ang wakas ay makapagpapatunay na ang aking mga ginawa ay tama, mawawalan ng saysay ang lahat ng upasala.

Kung ang wakas ay makapagpapatunay na ang aking mga ginawa ay mali, kahit sampung (10) anghel pa ang sumumpang ito ay tama, ay wala pa ring saysay!”
TonyB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: more q's Reply with quote

kanoel wrote:
Tony,
Criticism is ok, in fact it is good. But accusations based only on self opinion are malicious. When he posted his first comment about the quality of the brochure, I said there are some valid points that could be incorporated next time we print another set of brochures. But when he posted his printed accusation that we just wasted the tax payers money because DOT them selves refused to distribute the brochures being too embarrassing, (which allegation was denied by DOT personnel at all level), I think this is not only malicious but bordering libel.

Ka Noel,

That may be the case with the way my brother brought it up, but that is hardly the case with my inquiry.

Quote:
Yes, the writers are Paetenians, but they requested anonymity at the moment for reasons they only know.

I am sure they have very good reasons, but I don't think TRANSPARENCY is one of them.

Quote:
I’m not sure if I can post the contract with SEPMAR Ent. It may constitute breach of confidentiality.

You may be right.

Quote:
However, as I told your brother, you can, or anybody can scrutinize the documents in our Accounting Dept. any time of your convenience.

Which also constitutes a breach of confidentiality I suppose.

Quote:
Or better still, if you can file a verified complaint to COA or Ombudsman so that the people behind this project could be given a chance to vindicate themselves from the impression of all those who are reading this, that there was an anomalous transaction behind this brochures.

I am not saying there was an anomaly. I was only wondering about the overprice for example on the writers' fee. We cannot help remove the impression if basic facts cannot even be brought to light because some people refuse to identify themselves. If I have to be blunt, I am sure the writers (there is more than one?) enjoy your full confidence with regards to why they can command 14,500 pesos for a few hundred words of "write-up".

Quote:
I’m sorry if the brochures did not pass the discriminating eyes of people like you who are “brochure experts”.

I am not passing myself off as a brochure expert.

Quote:
But these “embarrassing” brochures have propelled us to be one of the most important tourism icons in Laguna. Since its distribution last November 2005, we are now averaging 30 buses and 1,500 visitors a month. We are way ahead in our tourism promotion. We are the only Municipality who is a member of PHILTOA, the largest Tour Operator Association in the country. Even the Provincial Tourism Council is following our lead on how to be a member of this prestigious organization.

I agree that my Brother Tito may have come off too strong with his words but whether the brochure is successful or not to attract visitors is irrelevant to the point I was clarifying, although refutes my brother's allegation. But to the clarification I was seeking, this is what we call a red herring.

Quote:
I’m sorry if this will be my last posting under this subject. I don’t have the luxury of time to answer everything you ask. But I will say again, you are most welcome to look at all the documents you think are necessary to satisfy your curiosity. They are available in our Accounting office all the time.

I am sorry too if you felt that I am wasting your time with just my curiosity. I was only clarifying something which I thought is to the best interest of the community. I am not accusing you of anything or saying you benefitted from it.

But anyway, thanks for your precious time. I will keep in mind that any clarification is just a waste of your precious time.

Tony
TonyB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Writers Reply with quote

Vice Mutuk <wink> <wink>

Baka maibulong mo sa akin kung sino-sino yun mga writers. Baka kasi magpagawa ako ng biography ko. <joke> <joke>

But I am serious dun sa bulong mo. I know you can find the time. Smile

Please send it to me here - paetenian @ yahoo . com

cheers! <wink>
Tony
y@m@k

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, bubulungan kita mamaya pag-uwi ko sa bahay Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cvafuang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Writers Reply with quote

tony.basa wrote:
Vice Mutuk <wink> <wink>

Baka maibulong mo sa akin kung sino-sino yun mga writers. Baka kasi magpagawa ako ng biography ko. <joke> <joke>

But I am serious dun sa bulong mo. I know you can find the time. Smile

Please send it to me here - paetenian @ yahoo . com

cheers! <wink>
Tony

'bigan Tony,

just a piece of unsolicited advise....

Make sure that your would be source has a "direct knowledge" of the information you're trying to get, otherwise, its going to be inadmissible and will be branded as 'hearsay' or 'double hearsay', etc., in other words 'tsismis' lang, ang sabi nga nila:lol: Laughing

cheers!
ka cesar
tukayo!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Brochures! Reply with quote

Ang dami talagang magagaling sa ating bayan
ng Paete....LOL! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Brochures! Reply with quote

tukayo! wrote:
Ang dami talagang magagaling sa ating bayan
ng Paete....LOL! Laughing

magaling din gumawa nito:

http://paete.blogspot.com/
TonyB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Overpriced Write-up Reply with quote

cvafuang wrote:

'bigan Tony,

just a piece of unsolicited advise....

Make sure that your would be source has a "direct knowledge" of the information you're trying to get, otherwise, its going to be inadmissible and will be branded as 'hearsay' or 'double hearsay', etc., in other words 'tsismis' lang, ang sabi nga nila:lol: Laughing

cheers!
ka cesar

Hi Ka Cesar,

I don't really put a premium on hearsay that's why I endeavored to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Anyway, I already got it from that blog (before it was deleted) and from somebody in Paete (not Indoy). But I don't just believe anything I read or hear. If you will notice I was forming my opinion on the matter based on two items that Ka Noel himself provided, namely, the picture of the brochure and the breakdown of items. It just caught my attention that a very short "write-up" costs P14,500. In the context of Paete, a steep price to pay and IMHO is grossly disadvantageous to the munisipyo. And then there is the sad part that they are taga-Paete rin pala, pwede naman siguro PRO-BONO na lang yung write-up, tutal LESS THAN 200 WORDS lang naman yun. Kung baga, balato na, hindi naman iba e.

Unless there are more pages in the brochure, and ignoring the shorter captions accompanying the pictures, here is the 14,500 pesos write-up:

Quote:
Paete is nestled between picturesque Laguna de Bay and verdant Sierra Madre, where each patch of ground shows the fruits of Paetenos talents and labors, such as sculptures, papier mache and other handicrafts, along with the sweetest lanzones in the country.

It offers its visitors an array of scenes and wonders. Among them are its centuries-old church filled with religious statues carved by its own artists, landmarks and monuments, a waterfall from atop its fruit tree-covered hills, a promenade along the legendary lake, woodcarving and handicraft shops, and fruit stalls along its streets. All bear the marks of a people vibrant in today's creative living as well as proud of their historic past.

No wonder the two chose to remain silent. Baka maraming humingi ng balato sa kanila. Very Happy

cheers!
Tony
y@m@k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Overpriced Write-up Reply with quote

One more thing I noticed: The caption under the Salubong picture which says:

"At "Salubong" the Passion of Christ is depicted in a scene where Mother Mary meets her Son on His way to the cross"

Correct me if I am wrong, because the picture in the brochure is the scene of Nazareno and Veronica, I dont think one of the councilmen who is very familiar of this scene saw the PROOF before it was printed.
TonyB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Overpriced Write-up Reply with quote

Hi Indoy, saan ka ngayon? Uuwi ka ba sa Holy Week?

indoy wrote:
One more thing I noticed: The caption under the Salubong picture which says:

"At "Salubong" the Passion of Christ is depicted in a scene where Mother Mary meets her Son on His way to the cross"

LOLz. I thought The Christ was carrying the cross itself?

Maybe the "writer" meant, "on his way WITH the cross", as the picture suggests, or "on his way to the hill of skulls (Golgotha)". There goes the 29,500 pesos in managing/editing fee.

Joke joke. I think we should just charge this to experience.

cheers!
Tony
y@m@k

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Tony!

Nandito na ako sa Nashville, Tennessee. I got a better job offer kaya iniwan ko na Chicago Smile.

Umuwi na ako nung January, nakipag-Salibanda kaya nga nakita ko na yung brochures LOL. Hindi na ako makakauwi ng Holy Week for the first time dahil baka ako na ang hulihin Shocked at isama sa Senakulo.

Mukhang mauuwi na lang lahat to sa kumustahan ah! hehehe Mr. Green
alex.basa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe 29.5k charge to experience. Sarap naman mag manage at edit ng brochures. Sana ganyan din rate ko sa minamanage ko na project ngayon. I assume hindi rin puwede malaman ang pangalan nila because they value their privacy. Ok ah mas mahalaga ang CONFIDENTIALITY kesa TRANSPARENCY.
panauhin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Isulong Po Natin... Reply with quote

...Ang Kulturang Mapagmatyag at Lipunang Magpapaunlad Ng Ating Pampulitikang Pananaw"

Magiliw na Pagbati!

Tunay pong makabuluhan na talakayin ang mga interes ng ating minamahal na makasaysayan at Sinilangang Bayan.

Sana po'y maging produktibo ang mga usaping pumapaksa sa pagtataguyod ng pagkakakilanlan ng ating mayaman na kultura.

Gaano man po ka-sensitibo ang laman, pangunahing hangarin ng pangkaramihan pa rin po sana ang mangibabaw.

Huwag po sana masamain ng sino man ang paglalahad ng mga ikalilinaw ng mga bagay-bagay na alam nating mahahalaga sa ating pamumuhay.

Panawagan ng Pagkilos!

Ipagpatuloy po natin na harapin at solusyunan ang mga pangunahing hinaing ng ating mga kababayan sa pamamagitan ng mapagmatyag at mapanuring pakikipagpalitan ng makabuluhang mungkahiin, pananaw at kapupulutan ng mabubuting aral na may katangiang mapagsa-alang-alang sa karapatang marinig ang bawat panig, prinsipyado at mapagmahal sa ikabubuti ng pangkaramihan upang maiwasan po ang hindi pagkakaunawaan o ipagkakahati-hati at manapa'y magbigay daan sa pagkakaisa at sama-samang paglilingkod sa bayan.

Mabuhay po tayong lahat.

[/u]
TonyB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: 73,000 pesos question Reply with quote

alex.basa wrote:
Hehehe 29.5k charge to experience. Sarap naman mag manage at edit ng brochures. Sana ganyan din rate ko sa minamanage ko na project ngayon. I assume hindi rin puwede malaman ang pangalan nila because they value their privacy. Ok ah mas mahalaga ang CONFIDENTIALITY kesa TRANSPARENCY.

It's not only 29.5k. Ka Noel, in his message to the Paete ML, where nobody seems to have noticed - dead ma lahat - he gave the breakdown as follows:

Quoted from Paete ML message:
Quote:

1. Brochure –P122,000 (5,000 pcs)
Break down of price:

a) Managing/Editing – 29,500
b) Contributing Writers – 14,500
c) Photography – 14,500
d) Layout – 14,500
e) Printing – 49,000

If SEPMAR the publisher charged 49,000 pesos for printing 5,000 copies (I don't have any idea on prnting costs so I am not going to dwell on that), it seems that the cost of the brochure minus the printing amounts to pesos 73,000. Charge that to experience as well. Whoever created the brochure must truly be very talented to command such a steep price. I think the munisipyo should not hire their services again. Maybe the SB got carried away because they were told their pictures will be in it as the star attraction. If ever, I just hope when the munisipyo gave the writers and the photographers their cheques, kaltas na yung withholding tax. Smile If we have more of this kind of services, someday we will be very wise indeed with the experience.

cheers!
tony.basa
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: We need to step in Reply with quote

When I wrote the following article for Philippine Star, I intended it not just to share with the rest of the Philippines the alay computer project, but also to open our eyes to possible synergistic activities.

http://paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=879

We need to understand how the system works so that we can make the system work for us. The BAC will not be able to choose between competing bids if there is only one bidder. PAETEch could have played a role in developing these brochures, but then again, we need to know the rules. PAETEch has officers other than the mayor (the rules with regard to government contracts precludes the participation of the mayor). These other officers need to look at these possible opportunities. The facilities afforded by the schools plus the resources and expertise of the teachers should have been explored for developing the brochures. This will perhaps lead to a better brochure, but at the same time, would have provided the much needed financial assistance of the schools. But for this to happen, we need to understand the system and the rules. Can an NGO like PAETEch participate in a program like this? How can we make these possible and legal?

We need to step in especially if we have ideas worth pursuing. If we have the future of Paete in our hearts, we need to act. Learning from experience is not possible sitting idly on the sidelines.
TonyB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: THE TOURISM PROGRAM OF PAETE Reply with quote

Quote:
THE TOURISM PROGRAM OF PAETE

I believe, and my belief is shared by the Sangguniang Bayan, that Tourism is probably the only potent project to alleviate the dwindling livelihood of Paete. The only way to attract tourists is to have something good and nice to offer. The Tourist Lane is only one of them. Its purpose is to have an orderly place free of smoke belching, noisy tricycles where tourists can enjoy their tea, coffee or beer along the side walk cafe at J.V. Quesada St. where they can savor our very own "Lutong Paete". After a tiring walk looking for handicrafts, or from an exhausting trip to the Tatlong Cruz, the Tourist Lane would be a perfect rendezvous.

The following are other Tourism projects that are being actively pursued:

1. Tourism Office – MOA signing was done last July 5, 2005 between the Paete Women’s Club (administrator of the puericulture center) and the LGU of Paete, following the SB ordinance designating the same as Tourism Office of Paete.
2. World Class Toilet – appropriated Php 350,000 budget for a tourist toilet along the J.V. Quesada St. Project will start August 2005.
3. Tourist Bus parking lot – Appropriated Php 400,000 for the concreting of the lot donated by then Miss Sonia Adea located at the Wawa park. Project will start July 2005.
4. Tatlong Cruz and “Talon” – Php 2,041,000 grant was approved by the Philippine Tourism Authority last June for the development of the Tatlong Cruz and “talon”
5. Wawa Park – under study by the ERDB for possible inclusion to the nationwide contest on lake shore development.
6. World Class brochure – An on-going project together with the Foundation Book with the able assistance of Dr. Bien Saniano and Mr. Ben Afuang. Target completion, September 2005.
7. On September 24, 2005, our town will celebrate its 425th Foundation Day. There will be a grand parade and a cultural presentation of the important historical events of our town from the Spanish era to date. The month of September was also designated by the Sangguniang Bayan as the Annual Festival month of Paete, dubbed as the “Lanzones, Ukit-Taka Festival”.
8. The annual “Ice carving competition” will be held at the town plaza on July 24, 2005.
9. We are planning to bid for the Guinness World Records for having the most number of carvers (totaling approx 600 carvers of various medium) gathered in one place at the same time. Target date, September 2005.

Last July 2 & 3, Visivo Production Inc. took video footages of the Roman Catholic Church, Tatlong Cruz, talon, Wawa park, and almost all of the handicraft stores along J.V. Quesada St., to be aired at channels 5 & 9 on July 23 (all gratis).

The inertia of motion has started towards a serious promotion of tourism in our town. It will only stop if an outside force beyond our control will run counter with it. We believe that it could be the next “big thing” in Paete after the wood carving boom.

The lamppost is a very good added attraction. To borrow Ver Madrinan’s words: “It is better to light the proverbial candle instead of cursing darkness."

Ka Noel

This letter was sent after July 15th but before the town fiesta last year. Please don't get me wrong here, I only want to light the proverbial candle. Very Happy

BTW, I got it from here. Another curiosity, is that according to Ka Noel, the transparent bidding happened sometime in October 2005:

Quote:

"1. Invitation to apply for eligibility and to bid posted in all Laguna municipal and capitol bulletin board) from October 14 – 23, 2005)"

I am sure nagkamali lang si Ka Noel. Very Happy

Tony
y@m@k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: THE TOURISM PROGRAM OF PAETE Reply with quote

[quote="tony.basa"]
Quote:

I am sure nagkamali lang si Ka Noel. Very Happy

Tony

Nagkamali nga siguro dahil ano ang Bidding na naganap ng October 2005 kung September 2005 pa lang eh they already have the brochure? Tapos, July 2005 pa lang eh nasa Development Stage na yung brochure.

Oh man!

Naiisip ko tuloy kung yung Lubi-lubi eh kasama sa kalendaryo!
lorenzo9547

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: my take on the brochure issue; just another perspective Reply with quote

Among driven leaders, it could and would happen when one’s overzealousness gets the better of himself. It might have been the case here with this “brochure issue”?

Nowadays, at least among the cyberspace viewers and inter-active participants, this segment of shall we say, Paetenians Community, have become used, maybe spoiled, by instant gratification for and about anything Paetenian, even on supposed town political issues. There is the apparent pleasure in wanting the quickest “news” about something or somebody that is relevantly Paetenian. Hence there is the temptation to “ibigay ang hilig”, albeit pander the promptings. ie. plan an event, make it happen, and give it the biggest splash of colorful exposure. The accustomed “delivering” of almost fantasized expected results seem a given; notwitstanding even some no-expendable personal monetary damage. Pertinently, our Mayor has figured, and I would dare say, successfully to a large extent, in the “delivering” of such many events satisfying to, specifically perhaps, the cyberspace Paetenians. (Of course, I am not crediting all the merits to the Mayor, in fact, a good deal of the input could be credited to, among others, the leader elements of the Paetenian cyberspace community.)

In the light of the above context, allow me to interpolate my own take on the brochure issue. Off-hand, thus, vis a vis the supposed dates discrepancies, it could have been a zealousness to speedily deliver that dates have been jumped over, wika nga, to be ahead of “target” projections. So things got going much faster, and results delivered. And I am not referring so much to the result, meaning, the type of brochures produced, but to what the Mayor has more importantly desired to achieve: already families benefitting with the influx of tourists to Paete, and already Paete getting that consistent limelight over other towns. Now granted that the brochures were below top line quality could later be addressed to produce better ones, and perhaps under much more duress of “business transacting”? The point here is this: it is generating business, according to the Mayor. Right there one major purpose is already accomplished. This is a practical right thing versus an only “imagined”, or rational wrong thing. (Again, this is not to say we are to discard all planning, and meticulousness of transacting. But this could always be done, and re-done/corrected(?) for later.) Did the Municipality lose? Maybe, budgetarily to some “passable” misappropriation, the Municipality lost. But compared to the total picture of Paete currently garnering top tourism advantages, according to Mayor’s report, and I repeat, some Paetenians already making some dough for the enterprise, I see more of a Paete gain. (I say, the dough is here, let’s have it! While you, top local politico-business brass, continue working on improving our marketing tool: the brochures.)

Again, this is not all the Mayor has to do. He is the Mayor and his own one-man Public Relation Agent. But I repeat, by common sense criterion, the Mayor actually deserves credit; but he could use the criticism.

As regards fair play in the bidding, we do not know if any actual interested bidders were excluded. But then again, I do not imagine a full-course bidding business SOPs like they do in the vast world of bidding transactions involving mega deals. Parties to such dealings have all the money and the time to pay heed to the minute iotas of bidding and dealing. But, like I say, it is understandable why the Mayor would rather see Paetenos already “enjoying eating their pudding”.

Renato C. Valdellon
y@m@k

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing against the result of such Tourism Promo, it is a matter of how it was processed. Spending this much money for a simple project, like a brochure is not a trial, it is a statement! It is good if we will always have the access to generate and raise funds, and we all know that Paete will not always be a recipient of such government grant for another huge amount of money, I am sorry but this is not as easy as, "this could always be done, and re-done/corrected(?) for later",,, I give credit to the Mayor for all the accomplishments, but there are more questions than answers.

We’ve been in this roller-coaster for quite sometime, In the end what we did here in the forum will only open a few eyes and will give more hatred to us "na mga bata pa na marami pa raw kakaining bigas". Whatever I said came from a true Paetenian, it is what I believed and it is what I stand for.
lorenzo9547

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: re: my use of terms Reply with quote

In case some opt to interpret my take other than what it meant to be I have the following APOLOGIA on my use of terms.
All my words within quotation marks do not carry their original categorical signification. They only assume hypothetical connotation.
Where I use MAY or MAYBE is already implied the above same: less than categorical but hypothetical meaning.
Where my context is statedly subjunctive and not categorical my contention is again less than categorical but only hypothetical.

Thank you.

Renato C Valdellon
Ludy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: re: my use of terms Reply with quote

Hi everyone...makikidawdaw ako dito...marami akong nakakakwentuhang mga may ari ng negosyo sa Paete, lahat sila ay dumadaing ng hina ng benta. Napagalaman ko rin na "karamihan" sa dumarating na tourist bus ay mga estudyante ng iba't ibang eskwelahan sa kamaynilaan, escorted by teachers and parents. Papasok silang nakapila sa tindahan, lalabas din ng nakapila sa sandaling panahon, bihira ang bumibili. Madalas nilang puntahan ay ang waterfall natin. Umaasa ako, na sa banda banda riyan ng ating hinaharap, ay mas magandang balita ang aking madidinig, pero lalong grabe ang aking NARIRINIG, sapat na para ako kilabutan sa LAKAS NG LOOB at GARAPAL na mga KUNDISYON!!! Ako, bilang tao, at kayo rin naman, sino ang magsasabing walang kasalanan sa atin? Tanging iisa lang ang aking tatakbuhan...ang Ating Panginoon na siyang nakakaalam, NAKARIRINIG, at SIYA lamang ang BAHALA SA IYO, GARAPAL NA TAO!!! Kasama ang PANGALAN MO sa aking ipinagdarasal.

Salamat sa inyong lahat. Tito, Tony salamat sa mga katanungan ninyo na TALAGANG dapat lang na itanong...MERON din akong tanong, pero isinuko ko na kay LORD dahil sa pagmamahal ko sa mga taong WALANG KINALAMAN at naging KASANGKAPAN LAMANG!!! LET GO, LET GOD...baka lamang ako magkasakit Crying or Very sad hindi kaya ng puso ko ang nalaman ko at ito ay ALAM ng ating Panginoon!!! Duon sa HIGHER COURT ko ibinigay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum