PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ecotourism proposal (A new community in the Sierra Madre)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Ecotourism proposal (A new community in the Sierra Madre) Reply with quote

The following is a rough draft of a proposal. Your comments and suggestions are welcomed.

This proposal was developed to address the following:

(1) the growing need to develop sustainable agricultural practices in the uplands of Paete
(2) the importance of maintaining and preserving the Sierra Madre watershed
(3) the need for decent housing and livelihood for the poor families in Paete
(4) the need for protecting Laguna de Bay
(5) developing Paete into an ecotourism site

This proposal involves several sectors of society, specifically, Gawad Kalinga, the scientists at UPLB (this project requires expertise in forestry, geology, agriculture, animal husbandry, botany, etc.), the municipal, provincial and national government, and most importantly, the citizens of Paete. It is in its infancy stage during which your thoughts and opinions are needed and would be greatly appreciated. This proposal has been presented briefly to members of Congress. Initial conversations have also started with Gawad Kalinga, Laguna Chapter as well as UPLB.

Thank you all for your time and attention.

CAPSULE PROPOSAL
AREA/CLASSIFICATION: ECOTOURISM (SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE)
TITLE: A NEW COMMUNITY IN SIERRA MADRE MOUNTAINS
PROPONENT: MUNICIPALITY OF PAETE, LAGUNA (thru Dr. Angel C. de Dios, Georgetown)
ADDRESS: J.V.QUESADA ST., BARANGAY IBABA DEL SUR, PAETE, LAGUNA 4016
CONTACT INFORMATION: ATTN: EMMANUEL B. CADAYONA (MUNICIPAL MAYOR)

SUMMARY OF PROPOSAL:

Paete is an inland town of the Province of Laguna located at its northeastern part. It is about 113 kilometers away from Manila and has a population of 25,000 people. Paete has a total land area of 6,301.625 hectares including the uplands of the Sierra Madre Mountains. The Poblacion consists only of 201.861 hectares. It has nine (9) barangays, all of which are situated within the Poblacion. A large portion of the town is upland and hilly occupying 90% of the total land area. For this reason, Paete, Laguna has a vast potential in developing a comprehensive and sustainable ecotourism project that will also provide a housing project complete with livelihood programs for our unfortunate homeless squatters residing along the national highways. We have about eight hundred squatter families residing along a declared danger zone of the national highways. The proposed agro forestry ecotourism in “Sitio Papatahan”, about 14 km from the poblacion located in the highlands, will pave the way in establishing a new community complete with all the amenities with a viable tourism content.

PHASE 1 – ESTABLISHMENT OF A HOUSING PROJECT: Initial discussions with Couples for Christ, Laguna Chapter, on their “Gawad Kalinga” project, that aims to provide affordable housing for the poorest of the poor thru the “bayanihan” spirit, indicates a big possibility of acquiring a donated land of about 20 Hectares in Sitio Papatahan for this purpose. The new community will start with 400 houses complete with a water system; electrical power; a multi-purpose building (chapel) and a public elementary school). A land donation of 10 hectares is already in progress.

PHASE 2 – PROVIDING LIVELIHOOD PROJECTS: The following will be provided:

1. Goat Farming – The market indication, even for export to Saudi Arabia, looks promising. This livestock proves to be sustainable for a community with limited land resources. The project intends to start with 300 does and 20 buck. Other farm animals will be added for variety and a special Petting Zoo for kids will also be established.

2. Coconut Tree and Lanzones Farming – The Virgin Coconut Oil is becoming very popular, not only in the Philippines but also abroad. Coconut trees already abound in the area and this livelihood will come as a second nature to the farmers in the community. Lazones is the pride of Paete. We can harness the vast potential in Lanzones farming with modern agricultural technologies available today.

3. Trees and Bamboo Farming – Paete is very well known for our handicraft industry, particularly wood carving, evidenced by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s presidential proclamation No. 809 declaring Paete, Laguna as the “Carving Capital of the Philippines”. “Batikuling” is a local wood species widely used in our wood carving industry. Scientists at ERDB (Ecosystem Research Development Bureau) of DENR, have developed a cloning method that would make propagation of Batikuling very conducive. A Memorandum of Agreement between ERDB and the Municipality of Paete is underway and expected to be finalized within Feb. 2006 to establish a 2 hectares demonstration farm. Bamboo is an alternative to augment the supply of raw materials for our handicraft industry.

4. Charcoal briquette production – Another invention of ERDB, producing charcoal from bio-wastes, i.e., coconut husks, dried water lilies, corncob, banana leaves, twigs, etc. A pilot plant is now in operation and actually producing charcoals operated by the municipal government. This component will not only provide livelihood but will close the operation of illegal charcoal producers who are indiscriminately cutting tress for their raw material.

PHASE 3 – THE TOURISM CONTENT:

1. Rain Gardens – With the construction of the new community in the uplands, there will be paved roads which will increase water runoff and pollution of the lake. Therefore, the community should be built with rain gardens that not only absorb pollutants and minimize water runoff, but also will provide for a tourists’ scenery.

2. Botanical and herbal garden – alternative crops of botanical and herbal plants; Construction of Bamboo setum with more than 50 different species of bamboo, will give additional tourist attraction.

3. Special Petting Zoo and Aviary – Pony rides, carabao rides, and birds in their natural habitat will be another tourist enticement.

OBJECTIVES:

(1) To provide decent but affordable dwellings, complete with basic amenities, for the homeless squatters of Paete, Laguna thru the “Gawad Kalinga” project. (2)To provide alternative livelihoods that will alleviate poverty and improve the general well being of the people. (3) To promote an ecotourism that will also benefit the general public thru economic improvement of commerce and industry. (4)To enhance the preservation and protection of our natural resources particularly the Sierra Madre Water Shed.

SIGNIFICANCE & EXPECTED OUTPUT:

Eight Hundred (800) homeless families are leaving in shanties along the danger zone of the National Highways. They are prone to vehicular accidents, and frequent flooding from the lake. Addressing the squatter issue will alleviate serious social, environmental, economic, peace and order issues. The first batch of four hundred (400) houses will be targeted during the first year thru the Gawad Kalinga. The family members will provide for the labor content of the project under the “bayanihan” spirit. One house of 5m X 5m will cost only P50,000.00. The only obligation of a Gawad Kalinga member is approximately P200.00 per year for the real property tax. With the proposed livelihood projects, it will sustain their material needs and will greatly improve their economic condition. Handicraft production, for those who are keen about this trade, can still do their job with the available raw materials at hand. With the tourism content, this will improve livelihood, even for the lowland handicraft manufacturers and will bring additional revenue to the municipal coffer. The project will ensure the preservation and protection of our Sierra Madre Water Shed thru the self initiative of the newly established community. Close coordination with the University of the Philippines Los Banos (UPLB) scientists, with whom we are in the final stage of formulating a grand plan for the sustainable preservation of the Sierra Madre water shed, is very important.

TARGET BENEFICIARIES:
1. Four Hundred family Squatters – 2,000
2. Handicraft manufacturers and store owners– Approximately 20% of the total population = 5,000
3. Food and general merchandise businesses – Approximately 20 % of the total population – 5,000
4. Upland farmers – Approximately 20% of the total population – 5,000
5. Local Government Units including nine (9) barangays

BUDGET: (Php 59,656,000):

A. Housing Project:
1. Design and Engineering Consultants – P3,000,000.00
2. Twenty Hectares Site preparation – 20 hectares @ P0.20M/hec = P4,000,000.00
3. 5m x 5m Concrete Houses @ P50,000 per house = P20,000,000.00
4. Other infra structures – P2,000,000.00
B. Tourism Projects:
1. Rain Garden – P 1,500,000.00
2. Botanical and herbal garden – P500,000.00
3. Petting Zoo and Aviary – P 1,000,000.00
C. Livelihood Projects:
1. Goat farming (Boer Breed) – 300 does @ P12,000 each = P3,600,000.00/ 20 buck @ P10,000 each = P200,000.00 or a Total of P 3, 800,000.00
2. Coconut Tree and Lanzones Farming – P 1,000,000.00
3. Batikuling Trees and Bamboo Farming – P 2,000,000.00
4. Charcoal Briquette Production – 10 units @ P100,000.00 per unit – P1,000.000.00
D. MOE (25%) P 12,500,000.00
E. ADMINISTRATIVE FEE (PERSONNEL) P 7,356,000.00

DURATION AND TIME PLAN:

This is a 4 year project. The first year of this project will address 400 families. The following year will address the second group of 400 families. The last two years will address development and preservation of the land vacated by the families near the highway and along the lakeshore of Laguna de Bay.

This proposal was prepared by the Mayor of Paete, Laguna, Emmanuel B. Cadayona, in collaboration with Dr. Angel C. de Dios of Georgetown University. The project will be implemented with collaboration from Gawad Kalinga, University of the Philippines, Los Baňos. and DENR.
TonyB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Good one Reply with quote

This is a good one Angel.

Questions.

Is the Boer Breed primarily for milk or for meat?
Is the Boer Breed locally procured? Are there model farms?
Will there be experts (I guess from DTI?) who will train the settlers?

This is good info for me because I myself am thinking of acquiring a farm in the next few years. In fact, I already made a look-see of about three farms, one in Hermosa, and two in Pandi, Bulacan. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to buy the Pandi farm.

Not about farming but why is the 5m x 5m concrete house costs so low at pesos 50,000? Is it because GK gets the labor for free and the materials at discounted price?

Last question. I didn't see any mention of a school.

cheers!
Tony
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good one Reply with quote

tony.basa wrote:
This is a good one Angel.

Questions.

Is the Boer Breed primarily for milk or for meat?
Is the Boer Breed locally procured? Are there model farms?
Will there be experts (I guess from DTI?) who will train the settlers?

The Boer Bread is mainly raised for meat. (EConomically, this seems to have a market for the MidEast) It is placed in the proposal so that we have an idea of how much this would cost, but I would imagine that if the UPLB scientists are more keen towards dairy goats, this could change.

tony.basa wrote:

This is good info for me because I myself am thinking of acquiring a farm in the next few years. In fact, I already made a look-see of about three farms, one in Hermosa, and two in Pandi, Bulacan. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough money to buy the Pandi farm.

Not about farming but why is the 5m x 5m concrete house costs so low at pesos 50,000? Is it because GK gets the labor for free and the materials at discounted price?

The families that will receive the house will help in the construction. And you are right, this is within the framework of Gawad Kalinga which involves volunteer work as well as cheaper construction materials. There are several factors that are present, all are important players.

tony.basa wrote:

Last question. I didn't see any mention of a school.

cheers!
Tony

GK communities usually come with a community center, church and school. Thanks for your thoughts. It is a difficult project and we will need all cylinders running. Smile
vennb
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Any environmental impact and reports? Reply with quote

Angel... a very nice gestures for the town of Paete..one thing that I've noticed...very sound economically...how about environmentally? This is the time to think about a well planned community with a sewer, water and drainage system.....pollution control?

My two cents...
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any environmental impact and reports? Reply with quote

vennb wrote:
Angel... a very nice gestures for the town of Paete..one thing that I've noticed...very sound economically...how about environmentally? This is the time to think about a well planned community with a sewer, water and drainage system.....pollution control?

My two cents...

Venn, thanks for your thoughts. It is for this reason that the project has a scientific component. The role of UPLB scientists and engineers is crucial. It will not be the first upland community in the world - there is one in South America, the decription you will find in one of the science lessons:

http://www.fundaciongolondrina.....jects.html

This is one of the links found under the lesson on

Sustainable agriculture:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1245

The project is not only a social project but an educational and scientific one. It will explore ways of wisely using the upland resources of the Philippines. Hopefully, it will demonstrate a viable and sustainable community. It will definitely require careful planning and initial studies. The proposal was developed and inspired by various topics in environmental science (as illustrated by the following lessons). For example, there is a reason why goats were chosen and not cows for livestock agriculture.

Organic farming:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1468

Rain gardens:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1255

Alley farming:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1439

Waste management:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1439

Soil science:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1537

Drinking water:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1537

Ecology:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1438

Goat farming:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=981

Alternative fuels:
http://www.paete.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=765
Ludy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ecotourism proposal (A new community in the Sierra Madre Reply with quote

Wow, gusto ko ito Prof...sa wakas! Siguradong may quality ang air dito...4yrs? Madali na ito...dapat may gym, anything healthy for a well balanced lifestyle...may senior center din? Wink Very Happy volunteer ko TIME ko...time ko lang muna, hindi muna ako mag pledge monetary... Wink
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: We need will Reply with quote

Ludy;

We actually need will power more than money (of course, we need that too). This project cannot succeed without faith.

We need to influence the national government. Each congressman, I believe, is assigned "pork barrel" money. This four-year project can easily be met by "pork barrel" from four congressmen (about 200 million pesos). We need Congressman Agarao on this project. The proposal has been introduced to members of Congress. At this point, we have succeeded in getting the attention of some members. We need to recruit scientists. We need Gawad Kalinga.

We need prayers to change hearts. That is what is going to make this project work.

You already helped a lot by simply responding. Thanks.

-Angel
Ludy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

Ok Prof...susubukan ko ring lumapit kay Congressman Mangudadatu...sabi nina Minda, VERY close kay GMA...paki private email kung paano ko ilalapit ito, docs? Dapat ito ang umpisa ng pagiging "ISA" ng Paetenians chapters all over the world...dapat din lahat ng private citizen ng Paete ay kikilos...PRAYERS PRAYERS HOPE HOPE ACTION ACTION Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Eight Hundred (800) homeless families are leaving in shanties along the danger zone of the National Highways.”

“HOW CAN I HELP?
1. DONATE LAND
We are in need of 400 hectares of land in the typhoon affected provinces on which to build housing, community and food production facilities for the poor (1 hectare per 100 families and 2 hectares for food production and livelihood). If you have property in any of the following areas that you would like to donate, please call our Kalinga Luzon National Headquarters at 7277261 or email us at kalingaluzon@gawadkalinga.org.”

The above being said I have the following questions.

1. Once we relocate the 800 families from the danger zone to the uplands, how will prevent new families from moving in to the danger zone? Since it seems there was little or nothing done to prevent this from happening? We may just be making room available for the next batch of 800 homeless families.
2. Per GK standard, 1 hectare per 100 families and 2 hectares for food production and livelihood. Isipin ko man, how will 2 hectares support food and livelihood for 100 families? Even the most sophisticated poultry or pig farm in a 2 hectare land can probably employ 30 families. Planting vegeis in a 2 hectare land will not feed 100 families – at least I don’t think so.
3. Per GK standard, we will need 24 hectares for 800 families. Per your posting we have 10. Are we 14 hectares short? Where will we get it? Will we go ahead with the project with 10 hoping to get 14 more?

Just seeking to understand. I have other questions to follow. Please do not take these as trying to shoot the project down. I believe this is a great project, doable and achievable. I just want to make sure we don’t put a lot of passion in this project without putting thought (a lot of it is needed) into “what if” questions. My main concern is sustainability, environment, peace and order.

Collectively we can make this happen. I encourage those with expertise and knowledge on the subject to join this project.

Cedric C. Dimacali
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:

“Eight Hundred (800) homeless families are leaving in shanties along the danger zone of the National Highways.”

“HOW CAN I HELP?
1. DONATE LAND
We are in need of 400 hectares of land in the typhoon affected provinces on which to build housing, community and food production facilities for the poor (1 hectare per 100 families and 2 hectares for food production and livelihood). If you have property in any of the following areas that you would like to donate, please call our Kalinga Luzon National Headquarters at 7277261 or email us at kalingaluzon@gawadkalinga.org.”

Thanks, Cedric, for your post. In fact, your family is the first one to step forward to help in this project. The acreage for the agroforestry is just the starting number. A more thorough analysis will be needed as the project evolves. Part of this project is indeed a scientific inquiry and hopefully, will provide enough data. With the scarcity of resources, measurements of productivity would be required and this community will provide a large enough basis so that designs of larger areas could be made with greater confidence.

Cedric wrote:

The above being said I have the following questions.

1. Once we relocate the 800 families from the danger zone to the uplands, how will prevent new families from moving in to the danger zone? Since it seems there was little or nothing done to prevent this from happening? We may just be making room available for the next batch of 800 homeless families.

The next half of the project is to attend to the lots vacated by the squatters. These areas are very important for the survival of Laguna de Bay. These areas will be developed and protected. It will still be difficult to prevent squatters from building on these sites, but this is a much easier and more humane task than eviction.

Cedric wrote:

2. Per GK standard, 1 hectare per 100 families and 2 hectares for food production and livelihood. Isipin ko man, how will 2 hectares support food and livelihood for 100 families? Even the most sophisticated poultry or pig farm in a 2 hectare land can probably employ 30 families. Planting vegeis in a 2 hectare land will not feed 100 families – at least I don’t think so.

The tourism component should help and contribute to the livelihood of the community. I am expecting that tourism should provide for half of the population. Again, the acreage mentioned here is preliminary. And it is expected to grow, but with careful consideration of the environment and sustainability.

Cedric wrote:

3. Per GK standard, we will need 24 hectares for 800 families. Per your posting we have 10. Are we 14 hectares short? Where will we get it? Will we go ahead with the project with 10 hoping to get 14 more?

No, the project will not begin without the necessary acreage for housing and at least, the small farms initially planned. If necessary, these pieces of land will be purchased.

Cedric wrote:

Just seeking to understand. I have other questions to follow. Please do not take these as trying to shoot the project down. I believe this is a great project, doable and achievable. I just want to make sure we don’t put a lot of passion in this project without putting thought (a lot of it is needed) into “what if” questions. My main concern is sustainability, environment, peace and order.

Collectively we can make this happen. I encourage those with expertise and knowledge on the subject to join this project.

Cedric C. Dimacali

Your comments are very welcomed and I hope others would likewise join in the discussion. Thank your for your thoughts and time.

-Angel
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

dadaludy wrote:
Ok Prof...susubukan ko ring lumapit kay Congressman Mangudadatu...sabi nina Minda, VERY close kay GMA...paki private email kung paano ko ilalapit ito, docs? Dapat ito ang umpisa ng pagiging "ISA" ng Paetenians chapters all over the world...dapat din lahat ng private citizen ng Paete ay kikilos...PRAYERS PRAYERS HOPE HOPE ACTION ACTION Wink

Ludy:

We were instructed by Congressman Villafuerte to prepare a much more detailed proposal (probably 15 pages long). The detailed proposal will be developed by Ka Noel in consultation with a team of scientists from UPLB. As soon as I get a copy of the more detailed proposal, I will send you one. Right now, what I have are just two drafts (the one posted in this forum) and a shorter one page version. Both drafts have been shared with Congress.

-Angel
Ludy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

OIC...habang naghihintay ako ng detailed proposal, kakausapin ko naman si Ka Charlie, dahil nabanggit nun sa akin nuon pa, pag development sa bundok ang pag uusapan, nakahanda sya na mag donate ng lupa...with prayers and in God's will, everything will be alright. Thank you.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

dadaludy wrote:
OIC...habang naghihintay ako ng detailed proposal, kakausapin ko naman si Ka Charlie, dahil nabanggit nun sa akin nuon pa, pag development sa bundok ang pag uusapan, nakahanda sya na mag donate ng lupa...with prayers and in God's will, everything will be alright. Thank you.

Ludy:

It will certainly be a big help to have Charlie Baldemor on this project. Many thanks, in advance, for your efforts.

By the way, Ka Noel is in disucssion with the Dean of the College of Forestry and Natural Resources (Dr. Ramon A. Razal) on this project.

Here are some info regarding the CFNR of UPLB:

http://www.uplb.edu.ph/cfnr/Ma.....pril05.pdf

-Angel
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Since this project requires input from various experts, the Dean (Dr. Ramon Razal) of the College of Forestry and Natural Resources at UPLB has assembled a team of scientists to help develop this proposal. The team will be chaired by Dr. Wilfredo Carandang, a professor of agroforestry at UPLB. The team also includes a professor at the Institute of Renewable Natural Resources, Dr. Roberto Visco. In addition, Dr. Rex Cruz, an expert on land use and watershed also joins the team. The team also includes an expert in ecotourism and an expert in marketing. Their first meeting will be this Thursday (March 30) at the Institute of Agroforestry at UPLB and Ka Noel will be attending.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Meeting with UPLB Scientists Reply with quote

Preparing a proposal for a new community in the Sierra Madre (to be submitted to the Philippine congress), Mayor Cadayona met with a team of UPLB scientists (College of Forestry and Natural Resources). The group has decided on the following outline for the proposal:

OUTLINE OF THE PROPOSAL:

1. Introduction

2. Philippine Agenda 21

3. The Municipality of Paete

4. Community Base Tourism

4.1 Objectives

4.2 Target Beneficiaries

4.3 Agro – Tourism framework

4.4 Project Components

4.4.1 Housing project

4.4.2 Livelihood

4.4.2.1 Paper Mache / Wood Carving

4.4.2.2 Coconut plantation / Lanzones

4.4.2.3 Tree and Bamboo farming

4.4.2.4 Charcoal Briquette production

4.4.2.5 Goat Farming

4.4.3 Special Uses

4.4.3.1 Rain Gardens

4.4.3.2 Botanical and herbal garden

4.4.3.3 Special petting zoo and aviary

4.4.3.4 Waste Disposal Facility

4.5 Project Management/Administration (to include institutional linkages)

4.6 Project Costs and Benefits

4.7 Implementation Schedule

4.8 Expected Environmental Impacts

To prepare the proposal, data for the following will be obtained:

NAMRIA MAP showing Paete (to be submitted next week)
Comprehensive Land Use Program (submitted)
Socio-Economic Profile (submitted)
Squatter Head Count (to be submitted next week)
Actual volume of tourism arrivals
Data from GK on housing projects

Development of the area to be vacated by the squatters along the highway was also discussed. A separate budget proposal for this was recommended.

The scientists will visit the site on 20 April and a target date of May 15 is set for completion of the proposal.
Ludy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

Prof:

Sabi ni Ka Charlie, saka na lang daw mag de decide pag naumpisahan na yung project Very Happy
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: We need will Reply with quote

dadaludy wrote:
Prof:

Sabi ni Ka Charlie, saka na lang daw mag de decide pag naumpisahan na yung project Very Happy

That is okay, as you can see, the project has several stages, the first year is only half of the project.
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: No, the project will not begin without the necessary acreage Reply with quote

Ludy,

Sabi ni Angel, "No, the project will not begin without the necessary acreage." Sabihin mo kay Charlie, 10 hectares will not do it for 800 families. Kailangan 24 hectares to make it happen. Nasa kanya ang pagasa ng bayan. Kilitiin mo hanggang umo-o.

Cedric
Ludy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Napakalawak nga ng pag aari ni Ka Charlie!!! Reply with quote

Baina, ay oo naman Cedric, si Ka Charlie ang may pinakamalawakkkkk na lupain sa bundok!!! Sinasabi ko nga na duon kami magtatayo ng "hollistic center" Laughing na tulad nuong pinuntahan namin dito sa Quezon City...ay sya sya hala, Very Happy maawitan pa uli!

ccdimacali wrote:
Ludy,

Sabi ni Angel, "No, the project will not begin without the necessary acreage." Sabihin mo kay Charlie, 10 hectares will not do it for 800 families. Kailangan 24 hectares to make it happen. Nasa kanya ang pagasa ng bayan. Kilitiin mo hanggang umo-o.

Cedric
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much to all who are joining in the discussion of this project. The project is very much at its infant stage and your input is very much appreciated. The scale of the proposal is large enough that we do need careful and thoughtful planning. And the efforts from the UPLB scientists are greatly appreciated. Their input to the design of this project is very important. Likewise, the community component relies significantly on Gawad Kalinga. Their organization has a proven track record in building communities. This project will take time and resources, but I am optimistic that with us working together, we would be able to achieve the objectives of the project. Thank you again for your participation.
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Farm to market to Papatahan Reply with quote

Ang inyo pong lingkod ay nagpunta sa Sitio Papatahan noong nakaraang Marso 30, 2006 upang bisitahin ang lugar ng papatahan at ang kasalukuyang pagsasaayos ng natitirang di sementadong daan patungong Papatahan na isinasagawa ng Engineering Brigade ng Phil. Army.

ang mga larawan ay kinunan galing Papatahan pabalik sa sementadong kalsada.

Ang unang 3 larawan ay ilan sa mga matatarik at mahabang daan na hindi pwedeng daanan ng mga sasakyan

Ang hangganan kung saan namin nasalubong ang mga kawal ng Phil. Army na nagsasaayos ng Kalsada. Makikita kung gaano kakitid ang dating kalsada.

Makikita na po ang pagsasaayos at pagpapalapad ng kalsada.

Hayan pa po. Kitang kita ang mga Kawal ng Phil. Army.

Hayun pa po ang isang equipment sa bandang dulo

Hayun po sa bandang dulo (maraming sasakyan ng Phil. Army) ang hangganan ng sementado at di sememtado na kalsada.

Heto na po ako hehehe! Sakay ng aking kabayo at pauwi na. Masakit ang mga paa, binti at kasukasuan, di po pala birong pumunta ng Papatahan hahaha!

Marami po akong pictures sa loob ng Sitio Papatahan. Babalik po ako dun para sa Graduation rites ng Kindergarten at Elementary School doon na gaganapin sa April 3, 2006 araw ng Lunes.

Next reporting ko na po yung ibang pictures para included na yung sa graduation. Medyo madami na po akong for posting kaso ay hectic po schedule ko ngayon.

Angel,

Ok lang ba kung dito ko ito ipinost dahil related naman sa topic? About the development ng Sierra Madre especially Sitio Papatahan.

Thanks,

Mutuk

adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Farm to market to Papatahan Reply with quote

mutuk wrote:

Angel,

Ok lang ba kung dito ko ito ipinost dahil related naman sa topic? About the development ng Sierra Madre especially Sitio Papatahan.

Thanks,
Mutuk

Vice mayor:

Thank you for posting the photos on this thread. They are relevant and they actually provide nice images (which really bring a "closer to reality" background to the "New Upland Community" proposed project. Many thanks.

-Angel
TonyB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Green Cover Reply with quote

Are those green cover, new trees or just shrubs? I remember seeing these mountains in Pangasinan that were totally bare of green cover. At least in our bundok, is still green although it's obvious that it has been cleared of trees a generation ago.

Tony
mutuk
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

Good observations! Look what I had found along the way during my trip last March 30, 2006.

According to my reliable sources. Those logs were abandoned by illegal loggers about 2 months now when the Phil. Army confiscated and impounded a truckload of logs as part of their (Army) clearing operations in the area as initial move before starting the rehabilitation of farm to market road to Papatahan. According to them, illegal loggers were from nearby sitios of nearby town and those logs were being used as materials for paleta. Those logs are still there when I visited Papatahan last April 3, 2006 to attend graduation rites there.

Pictures of Sitio Papatahan proper,its places and people will be posted later. It's already 1am here. I am sleepy na and I have to attend our regular session scheduled this morning.

Regards,
Mutuk
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vice mayor;

Thank you for sharing these photos. We do need a community that will watch over the fragile Sierra Madre. These photos remind us of how important that we take action now and explore how to manage better these precious resources. Again, thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing pictures os sitio Papatahan.

-Angel
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum