PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell - Suma Kum Laude

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell - Suma Kum Laude Reply with quote

Congratulations to Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell for her outstanding achievement. She just graduated from the University of Nevada - Las Vegas (UNLV) with a Master of Science in Special Education with honors - Suma Kum Laude. Excellent!!

Tinalo pa yong award kong - Suku Na Dre - lol.

ccdimacali
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Opps! Reply with quote

Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell is the only daughter of Atty. Jimmy and Nita Almeda.
agaent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: CONGRATULATIONS Reply with quote

Hello Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell,

You don't know me but I would like to congratulate you a job well done while in college. I am an educator up to now here in Saipan, CNMI, Hopwood Junior High School.

We are close family friend of your Dad, inspite we know each other way back during my college tenure at Castanos, Sampaloc, Manila boarding house. Even your Mom can remember me.

Your knowledge and mastery of special education is one of the hardest profession to recruit.

Good luck, I know you are still very young and have a very bright future.

Pastor B. Gagaring
A Paetenian in Saipan.
Ludy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Wowowee!!! Reply with quote

Congratulations girl!!! Bilib na ako sa iyo...umpisa pa lang yan, marami pang susunod Wink
vermad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell - Summa cum laude Reply with quote

Ma. Jean, congratulations. I wish to join the other well-wishers in congratulating and wishing you all the best in your teaching career. Summa cum laude? It can't get any better than that. We were in Las Vegas from August 6 to 12 and loved the place. Tell me something about UNLV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jalmiz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

[i]I am humbled by all the accolades. Thanks!
It was a very hectic schedule when I was accepted into the Alternative Route to Licensure last January 2006. We had our 10-day of training before our batch was "thrown" into the classrooms so we can fill about 1/3 of vacant positions in SpEd classrooms all over the Clark County School District (the 5th biggest in the nation). We're able to survive with lots of support from our program as well as onsite mentors. Our fast-track classes started in the Summer of 2006 and continued until this Summer.

I found it most difficult when I'm teaching during the day and had to rush to UNLV for our classes at 4-9pm 3x/week. On weekends, I had to stay on the computer to research or do homework (while I watch TFC online). On top of that, I was in a 12-month school so I had very little break between semesters.
I appreciated my professors' understanding and accommodation when I had to rush home to Paete when my father died in June 2006. I wasn't able to fly early enough for the weeklong wake as I was finishing up my summer classes and requested to take my finals earlier than my class. I did attend the funeral and stayed with my mom for 2 weeks.

I don't think I would have been able to finish without the support of my family (here in NV, CA, GA, QC and Paete). I was just trying my best as we were expected not to have a grade lower than a B since our district payed for most of our tuition fees.
Sir Vermad, UNLV is our state university where my son is also enrolled for his Health Sciences program. The other state university is the University of Nevada Reno. It's classified as a "Doctoral/Research University-Intensive" by the Carnegie Foundation. There are courses specific to our city like those offered for Gaming and Hotel and Restaurant Management. If you need more information, please read more at www.unlv.edu.
Kang Pastor, I know you since my dad talked about your family. I know that you have some of your sisters' and their families here in Las Vegas (Daisy and Ehgie). Tita Mary Paelmo-Baet is your hipag, right?
Dada Ludy, kahit ano pa man, OK pa rin akong makipag-sing-along!
Tito Amboy, salamat nang marami sa iyo at sa iyong pamilya dahil kayo na ang tumatayong magulang ko dito sa Amerika.
Again, thanks for all your greetings.[/i]
agaent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Jean Mizell,

Maraming salamat at kilala mo pa rin pala ako, dahil akala ko sa tagal na ng alis ko sa Paete 1965 at baka kako hindi mo ako kilala.
Tama ka nga na si Tita Mary mo ay hipag ko. Sa totoo lang kung sakali at malaman mo ang mga telephone number ng 2 sisters ko diyan ay ibigay mo kay Vermad dahil hinihingi niya sa akin pero hindi ko rin alam. Nandiyan na nga sila, 2001 ng magpasyal ako sa Indianaapolis, Indiana at siyempre nagkita-kita naman kami. It is about due time to visit again the mainland, maybe this coming summer.

Mayroon nga pala akong kasamahan na Teacher dito after more than 20 years dito ay bumili ng bahay diyan sa Las Vegas at diyan na rin siya nagtuturo, I recommend him to the school there during that time a reference of him dahil nga Vice Principal ako noon. Ang pangalan niya ay Joseph Connolly, english/drama/speech ang mga subjects niya. (Kung sakali lang naman ay medyo na meet mo rin, kumusta na lang muli sa kanya).

Hindi ko nga lang alam ang mga requirements diyan sa teaching, do you need to pass both PRAXIS 1 & 2, paris din dito.

Your dad is a long kumpadre of my dad, if I am not mistaken, it Ehgie or Decy and inaanak niya sa binyag sa amin.

Kaklase ko nga pala ang kapatid ng dad mo na si Nita or Juanita.

Hanggang sa muli at kumusta na lang sa lahat.

Pastor B. Gagaring
vermad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Ma. Jean Almeda Mizell - Summa cum laude Reply with quote

Ma. Jean:

Thanks for the info about UNLV. I asked you to tell me something about UNLV because we are planning to buy a house in Las Vegas and maybe move there evantually. I am interested in it because I still have two kids in school, one in college and another in H.S. respectively. Thanks for sharing with us some of your experiences in LV.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jalmiz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Moving to LV Reply with quote

Sir Vermad,
Las Vegas is an attractive city for most visitors. I for one moved with my husband from Georgia as there are more job opportunities than where we came from. Also, there's a big Pinoy/Asian community here as reflected by proliferation of restaurants (Jollibee, Chowking, Goldilocks, Pinoy-Pinay, Lechon Manok), groceries (Seafood City, Island Pacific), our own China Town to name a few.
CA is not very far so we can drive to attend reunions and celebrate special occasions with our relatives who reside in the LA/San Diego areas.
However, the cruel and harsh summer months deter first time residents as temperatures could go as high as 126 degrees. Since LV is a 24-hour city, the lure of gambling, endless partying and drinking could be a very real threat to the sanity of the faint-hearted. I would suggest that if your are thinking of moving or buying a property here for your kids, try to visit when the temperature is most cruel and go around the city outside of the strip or downtown. It would also be advisable to walk around UNLV, the College of Southern Nevada (used to be our Community College), Sierra Nevada and other universities here.
There are many stories of those who made LV there permanent homes and there are those who left LV due to disappointment or broken dreams. One's happiness or peace of mind is dependent on one's ability to adapt to his/her new surroundings.
Anyway, I hope this would help you and I would like to say that I may not be in a position to judge of whether you'll like it here or not. One thing I'm sure of is that I have made this city my home for the last 5 years.
jalmiz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: NV Teaching License Reply with quote

Kang Pastor,
Si Ehgie po ang kinakapatid ko but I only met her once during LA's Summit dinner dance. Since then, I haven't heard from her. I'll ask my cousin Marvin Villarin or his mom Fely about Kang Decy's phone.
As for NV teaching license, yes, passing the Praxis I and II is required as well as provisions for passing or taking courses for US Constitution, NV School Law and NV Constitution. There's state reciprocity but I didn't see waivers for all US territories. If you need more information, please visit www.doe.nv.gov/licensing.html
Or you might want to read about our school district at www.ccsd.net
Sabi nga po ng Tiya Nita Dimacali ay magkaklase nga daw po kayo.
As for your co-teacher, medyo mahirap pong matandaan if I've come across Mr. Connelly during in-service pero I'll make sure that I'll send your warm greetings.
Hanggang dito na lang and until next time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: congrats, ate! Reply with quote

ate,

na mention ng nanay na suma cum laude ka sa school na pinag aaralan mo when i called last week. congrats, ate! i know naman na you can do it and you deserved it. dahil sa pag titiyaga at sipag mo. i just hope na you continue what ever you want to do. i just remember na me sinabi ang ating tatay bago siya mawala sa mundo. na sana isa man lang sa anak niya ay mai lathala sa dyaryo na makilala ang almeda. i think ikw na yun ate! kasi biruin mo sa UNLV pa! so, ate ingat ka na lang diyan at kay darwin at sa kuya jeff. balita ko you're inviting nanay to attend the graduation ba on december. well, much better na maka attend ang nanay. ok til here ate. congrats ulit at good luck also. remember, nandto ako sa al-khobar, saudi arabia.
ingat, and i miss u ate!
your brother,

mario almeda
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum