PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upper Room Articles

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Inspirational and Spiritual
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Upper Room Articles Reply with quote

At the request of the Editorial Director of the Upper Room Magazine, we have removed the article postings in this Forum that were taken from their magazine without their permission. Please see her email below.

Should you wish to continue reading their articles, please visit their website at:

http://www.upperroom.org/devotional/

I would like to remind everyone to please refrain from posting any copyrighted materials in our Forums. Forum moderators will be removing any copyrighted materials posted in this Forum.

Thank you,

Webmaster
paete.org

===================

Dear Web Master:

Hello, friend. I am Mary Lou Redding, Editorial Director of The Upper Room magazine. You seem to be posting material from The Upper Room apparently every day on your web site, without our permission. We do not allow use of our copyrighted material on the web sites of other organizations or on personal web sites. If you would like to establish a link between your web site and ours, that is permitted. But please stop posting our material on your web site.

Thank you for respecting copyright law and ceasing the practice of copying and posting our material. If you have questions, please contact me. Please acknowledge this message and let me know when the unauthorized postings will stop. Thank you.

Last edited by admin on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ludy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Can I post this one too, Rey...Re: Upper Room Articles Reply with quote

Rey, please post this one too, so at least our readers know that Upper Room Editorial do understand that my intention is not to steal... Wink

The management continues that "She (meaning DaLuds Wink ) can still do that via setting up a link." Maybe the moderators could put a "sticky" on this link, so that it stays on top. Meron din naman tayong mga kababayan na nasiyahan sa naidulot nito. Mga Kababayan, I am not offended, It was my choice to post the daily devotionals the way I did it, instead of giving the link...my error/mistake, accepted, and please forgive Wink Laughing

Thanks,

DaLuds

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:32 PM
To: Rey Carolino
Subject: Re: Posting From The Upper Room on Your Web Site

Dear Rey:

Thanks for your prompt response to my query and for your commitment to stopping unauthorized postings. The URL you indicate is the page I was
referring to. We would appreciate it if you would remove all the postings of
our material from the site.

Perhaps you could educate this person about intellectual property laws.

===============================================
Obviously she does not intend to steal; she notes that the material is
picked up from various sources. She just needs to know about limits.
===============================================

I have asked Stephen Downey, our techno-guru, to respond to you with
information about linking to daily devotionals on our web site.

=============================================
You will hear from him soon, and you can pass along the information to the person who wants to share words of faith with her friends. She can still do that via setting up a link.
=============================================

Thanks again for your prompt attention to this matter. Blessings.

Mary Lou Redding

Rey, sabi mo kung gusto ko, pwede akong mag email personally kay
Ms. Mary Lou Redding...so here is a copy of my email...

Hello Ms. Mary Redding,

I owe you and the Upper Room an apology regarding the daily devotionals posting I did at our website. I understand where you are coming from and thank you also for understanding that my intention is not to steal, but to share the inspirations. I have been reading this for many years and had changed my life.

Again, I'm sorry. My intention is to serve and share inspirations coming from the Upper Room. Maybe someday, I could submit an article to Upper Room, regarding my testimonials. I could relate to all the people telling all their stories because it happened to me. Thank you and God knows our heart is to serve HIM.

Sincerely,

Lourdes M. Valdecantos
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Can I post this one too, Rey...Re: Upper Room Articles Reply with quote

dadaludy wrote:
...our readers know that Upper Room Editorial do understand that my intention is not to steal.

Ludy, I think there is no doubt whatsoever from the Upper Room people and the readers of this forum that you posted those articels in good faith and with good intention. Thank you for making us aware of this very inspirational website.

dadaludy wrote:
.Maybe the moderators could put a "sticky" on this link, so that it stays on top.

I did better than that. I made this as an ANNOUNCEMENT. It will stay on top of STICKY posting.

Thank you, Ludy, for your understanding and cooperation with regards to this matter.

Regards,

Rey
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Inspirational and Spiritual All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum