PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America, the Beautiful!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

America, the Beautiful

When Ronnie was booking our flight to Maryland, the AmericaWest sales agent
asked what is the title of our trip. Without batting an eyelash, Ronnie answered “America, the Beautiful.” Later on, it was explained that the title was purely for reference only. As we move from state to state [nine states in one month….at dalawang stopovers, Guam and Hawaii….<lol>], I saw for myself the beauty of Uncle Sam, and so “America the Beautiful” became our byword. It was Ronnie’s third US trip, it was my very first and my excitement was doubled because I know I will not only be seeing the beauty and the grandeur of America but I will also be meeting a lot of people whom I haven’t seen in years.

Indeed, America is a very, very beautiful and rich country. It is way beyond compare to my very, very poor …..and ailing…. and hemorrhaging….and dying Juan Dela Cruz which makes me truly and deeply sad….<hikbi> [I was only away for a month pero 2 piso kaagad ang itinaas ng unleaded gas…<hikbi ulit>….at kasabay noon ang pagtaas din ng presyo ng bilihin…<hindi na lang hikbi…palakat na!>] It is a land of modern technology, a land of vast choices, a land of unlimited opportunity, and truly the land of the proverbial greener pasteur and milk and honey. It is a place where the people’s number one luxury is time […dyan naman kami panawa-nawa sa Pilipinas dahil sa dami ng walang trabaho!] Huwag ka lang mamimili ng trabaho ay hindi ka magugutom. It is a place where the rich and the marginalized rub elbows and eat the same food. Sa dami ng pagkain at sa sobra sobrang aksaya, I always tell myself, “Bai….kung maiuuwi ko lang sana sa Pilipinas ang lahat ng itinatapon ninyong pagkain!” At sa tuwing makakapunta kami sa magagandang lugar, with sadness and envious sigh, I would tell myself, “Bai….sana ay ganito din sa Pilipinas…..sana ay makapunta lahat ng taga Paete dito!” During the self introduction at the Summit meeting, I mentioned about the question in the mailing list that said “What would you do if you win $100 million?” My answer then was: “Mag aarkila ako sa NASA ng space shuttle [ probably with Mr Gorsky on board…..but he was nowhere in the NASA museum when we visited the place….<lol>] para itapon sa buwan yung mga nagkakatandis na politicians ng Pilipinas!.” But the moment I set foot in US soil, I immediately changed my answer to that question. Instead, I will bring all the people in Paete to the US so they can see the beauty of the country and they can experience the warmth and gracious hospitality of the American Paeteneans! How I wish……

After a very hectic vacation, I’m back to reality. Ngayon ko lang nararamdaman ang sobrang pagod at sobrang puyat. It’s good I still have one week vacation to recharge before I go back to work. I still have jetlags and I wake up at the wee hours of the morning [it’s now 2:30 AM here in Manila!] My other watch is still set in California time. Para akong nananaginip! Now I’m back with excesses. Excess baggage, [mostly gifts from friends and from outlet shopping and bargain hunting with Jet….salamat Jet!] I had to ship 2 extra balikbayan boxes to accommodate everything. Excess 6 pounds which I gained from too much eating….dahil sa dami ng kabi-kabilang lunch at dinner invitations na talaga po namang napakahirap tanggihan. Yung mga hindi namin napagbigyan sa dinner at lunch ay nagpupumilit na kahit merienda man lang daw, basta mapasyalan lang namin sila! Excess joy in my heart, sa sobrang saya na makitang muli ang aking mga kamag anak, kaklase, mga kaibigan, kakilala at mga dating kalapitbahay. During the Luau party at San Diego, nagpa picture taking yung lahat ng mga taga Ermita at lahat kami ay nagulat dahil hindi namin akalain na ganoon pala kami karami doon…..pero ang talagang alam namin ay sa ganda’t ganda ay hindi pahuhuli ang mga taga Ermita [sige pustahan tayo… kahit isa-isahin pa ninyo! <lol>] But the most important thing of all is the excess tons of beautiful and happy memories which I will cherish for the rest of my life…. [teka…excess na, tons pa…parang mali pero OK lang dahil talaga nama pong sobra sobra!] The warm hospitality of our kababayans is truly indescribable. Napakarami kong gustong pasalamatan but I don’t want to mention names dahil siguradong may makakalimutan ako sa dami….at pag may nakalimutan ako ay baka hindi na maulit sa 2007! <lol> Doon po sa mga paanyaya na hindi naming napagbigyan…..may 2007 pa…hehehehe! A classmate in college is offering me a free round trip US ticket basta lang bumalik ako preferably this December so we can both celebrate our birthdays [mine is Dec 10, hers is Dec 14] But I told her I will just use the ticket for the NY 2007 Summit. Ronnie jokingly suggested I should name that trip “America, the Beautiful….from sea to shining sea.”

To all the officers and members of the SOCAL Chapter [it was indeed a well organized and a very successful summit…congratulations!], to all the people who shared their precious time with us, to all those who went out of their way to entertain us, toured us, spent for us, to those who gave gifts and souvenirs, to those who unselfishly shared their homes, their foods, their cars, their cameras/pictures…….[Daluds, magpahilod ulit tayo dun sa spa na may mga nagsasalimbayang hubo’t hubad….that was great, I really liked that! <lol>]…...lubos lubos po ang aming kaligayahan, nag uumapaw at walang pagsidlan dahil talaga namang sulit na sulit ang bawat oras na ginugol ninyo sa amin….hanggang sa muli nating pagkikita sa 2007 [hopefully…..IN GOD WE TRUST…<lol>] No word is enough, ganon pa man….. MARAMING, MARAMING, MARAMING SALAMAT PO SA INYONG LAHAT!!!

MABUHAY ANG LAHAT NG PAETENEANS!!!
vermad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

saida wrote:
America, the Beautiful... After a very hectic vacation, I’m back to reality. Daluds, magpahilod ulit tayo dun sa spa na may mga nagsasalimbayang hubo’t hubad….that was great, I really liked that!

I read your post with deep interest and am very happy that you and Ronnie enjoyed your stay in Amerika. Ang kanta nga sa West Side Story: "I wanna be in America!"

Bakit ba kayong mga tourists ay laging nakakalamang sa aming mga natives. I didn't know you went watching "heavenly bodies." Wink Ludy, you really know how to spoil your guests. Wink

The truth is that your 1-month stay and our 11-day visit to California were like a dream.

Look forward to 2007!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amork

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: beautiful saida Reply with quote

i vividly imagined america the way you described it. you are a gifted storyteller. so glad to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay at the land of milk and honey.

i am doubly happy that i have now a chance to go to america because i know i will be included in the list of top 50 whom you will send first when you have that $100M in the future<LOL>

take a whole week rest. you are back to reality, so you need more strength to struggle with your day to day routine here in our dear philippines. welcome back! thanks you're back with that sense of humor again. Laughing Very Happy Razz

miz u,
mam amor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

vermad,

actually ay hindi mga "heavenly bodies" yung mga nakita namin. ask phil, he was there waiting for sonia....may one way mirror daw sa loob at doon daw niya kami pinapanood....<lol> joke lang! maybe you can come with us next time......2 oras kaming hinihiluran. it's so cool, so refreshing, the massage is so relaxing....and the view is fantastic! <lol>
saida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
vermad,

actually ay hindi mga "heavenly bodies" yung mga nakita namin. ask phil, he was there waiting for sonia....may one way mirror daw sa loob at doon daw niya kami pinapanood....<lol> joke lang! maybe you can come with us next time......2 oras kaming hinihiluran. it's so cool, so refreshing, the massage is so relaxing....and the view is fantastic! <lol>

opps sorry....hindi pala ako naka log in!
saida

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: beautiful saida Reply with quote

amork wrote:

i am doubly happy that i have now a chance to go to america because i know i will be included in the list of top 50 whom you will send first when you have that $100M in the future<LOL>

but of course mam amor.....number 1 ka sa listahan ko at ang lahat ng sshs73.......ang kaso ay hindi naman ako bumibili ng lotto ticket! hindi naman masamang mangarap....libre pa...<lol>

saida
fredmc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Coming to America - II Reply with quote

Saida & Ronnie,

We're glad that you enjoyed your trip to America. Indeed America is blessed with many things which even a lowly and ordinary immigrants like us can enjoy. Keep those memories alive. Who knows when you win in the Lotto (or sweepstakes) baka gawin mo na lang pasyalan ang USA. Enjoy rin naman ang mga napuntahan mo (pinag-aagawan at pinag-aawayan pa sabi mo), dahil sa iyong warm, vibrant at game na personality.

Balik ka sa US sa 2007 NY-DC summit. I think Babes Pascual is really bent on making this event very memorable, even if it won't surpass the grandeur of the LA-SD summit.

Thanks for the Virgin oil. Soon it might be "Virgil Oil" when Virgil discovers the many useful medicinal values (including possible bringing back the virginity - LOL). Thanks for helping PAETech thru the sale of Nel's book.

Hope you get rid of your jet lag soon.

FredMC
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Philippines my Philippines Reply with quote

Wow. Talagang obvius na obvious na na-enjoy mo yong vacation mo ah....

America is indeed beautiful but there is no place like home. Like Angel, ako rin din would be willing to trade places with Saida so long as she is willing to assume my debts here in America Very Happy

Kidding aside, I think most Filipinos who were born in the Philippines and who migrated to America or Europe or any industrialized country for that matter have, at some point in their lives, screamed: "IBALIK NINYO AKO SA PILIPINAS!". If I don't have my Canadian-born children to worry about, I probably would have gone back home already and try my luck back home. The problem is if you have children to think of, you are not that flexible. It is easy to "gamble" and start all over again if you only have yourself to think of. But if there are other people who will be affected by your decision, going back home is indeed a tough call.

Maganda lang pasyalan at gawing bakasyunan itong Amerika but life here is not always a bed full of roses. Dito ay kailangan ay trabaho ka araw araw. Kaya naman we always look forward to week-ends and those summer vacations. Back home in the Philippines ay pakiramdam ko ay week-end at summer vacation all year round. Dito kung gusto mong makipag-usloan sa mga kaibigan mo, hintay ka ng long week-end... Sa atin, lumabas ka lang ng bahay ay may ka-usloan ka na. Sa atin, pag nagtrabaho ka ay you only need to show them your normal self para umasenso ka at mapromote ka... Dito, if the colour of your skin is not white, para umasenso ka sa trabaho- kailangan ay payag kang mag-overtawad sa trabaho mo at hindi ka mareklamo kung uutusan ka ng boss mo to do things na hindi kasama sa iyong duties and responsibilities.. You have to work doubly hard than those white-skinned people in order to get the same fringe benefits that they have. If you hear that discrimination is a thing of the past in America-- don't believe it. Its still here- hindi nga lang kasing garapal na gaya noong pre-Martin Luther king days.

"Ang buhay sa Amerika ay masarap pero mahirap (difficult). Ang buhay sa Pilipinas ay mahirap (poor)- pero masarap!".. I think it was my mother who told me that. Sad but true!
saida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Coming to America - II Reply with quote

fredmc wrote:
Soon it might be "Virgil Oil" when Virgil discovers the many useful medicinal values (including possible bringing back the virginity - LOL).

hi fred,

kung "Virgility" [with ver's wit and humor] ay siguradong ako ang unang susubok dahil #1 fan ako ni vermad!
saida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Philippines my Philippines Reply with quote

reyc wrote:
ako rin din would be willing to trade places with Saida so long as she is willing to assume my debts here in America Very Happy

sige, willing ako to trade palces with you ....pero isang buwan lang!sa totoo lang ay nakakamiss din naman ang amoy na pilipinas, yung pollution, yung trapik at yung basura!<lol> i really enjoyed my vacataion to the max.....ang wish ko pa rin, sana ay makarating ng amerika ang lahat ng taga paete!
Ludy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

Sabi ni Kang Ver.....

I didn't know you went watching "heavenly bodies." Wink Ludy, you really know how to spoil your guests. Wink

Sagot ko......

Hi Ver.....we'll see you tomorrow at Madam Babes....nandito kami sa Brooklyn, hang out ni Ka Charlie.....aba aba aba aba...parang si Godfather.....<lol> hangout ng mga gangsters.....<lol> pinagkukunan ko ng pictures....it is that interesting <lol>.....

Kang Ver....patawa yang si Flora Lou at Saida he he he he....kasama si Madam Sonia.....akala mo'y si Eva't si Eva <lol> pero nuong matapalan ng dinurog na pipino sa mukha ay nakuuuuu sarrraaap na sarraaaap....

Hey Saida, makinis pa ba yung siko mo? kayod na kayod ano? Parang kinudkod na bao ng nyog hahahahhahahahakablag!!!!
saida

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: America, the Beautiful! Reply with quote

hi daluds,

bai....ay kabibilis ko makaipon ng libag....lalo't nababakbak na yung sunburn ko! kailangan yata ay bumalik na naman tayo dun sa pahiluran. humanda ka....siguradong pagbalik natin ay marami na tayong kasama....mabubusog ang mga mata nila sa mamera! <lol>

enjoy your east coast tour....bilib naman ako talaga sa energy mo....ikaw ang tunay na babaeng walang pahinga! <lol>
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: America in Pictures Reply with quote

Please see web link

http://www.americaswonderlands.com/Index.htm

Enjoy,

Cedric
saida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: America in Pictures Reply with quote

thanks for the link cedric...ang gaganda, lalo tuloy akong nalungkot para sa pilipinas! <lol> joke lang. talagang kulang na kulang ang oras sa dami ng papasyalan dyan sa amerika...hamot pag tumama ako ng $100 million ay pupuntahan nating lahat yan ....kasama ka! <lol>
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Mansanas ni Daluds Reply with quote

Masarap ba ang mansanas ni Daluds?

You don't need a whole lot of money to go around the USofA. Go to this site and enjoy.

http://www.bikersden.com/faqs......amp;News=8

There used to be a site by Lois Pryce who travelled on her Yamaha Serow 225cc from the Northern most part of Alaska to the Southern most part of Chile. You can do the same if you have the time.

Cedric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philippines is gorgeous compare to the united states. why are so many filipinos think that america is the better country. why? because most filipinos are so ashamed of where they came from. the so called colonial mentality! i find this really disgusting, i wish we could all see that not everything american is beautiful. don't you remember what they did to the philippines? think about it.
proud to be brown and filipino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I agree with you co-guest....Philippines is really beautiful....what we are in now? don't blame it to America....what they wanted is to help us, preserve our natural resources...our own people destroy our land and not the Americans!! The greedy capitalists destroy our forest! huh?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm sorry, did you say they were trying to help us?! come on, wake up! do you really think that the americans wanted to make the country better? what they wanted was to rape the country and its women, which exactly what they did! i don't know if you had taken any classes regarding the filipino history. it seems like you have forgotten what had happened in the past. please don't think like the other filipino-americans, ...so americans....so patriotic......please remember where you came from!
eboytons

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Tema ng Comments Mo! Reply with quote

Mr. Guest maganda ang tema ng diskusyon tungkol sa sinimulan
ni Saida, pero masmaganda at maayos kung magpakilala ka muna bago
maging masmalawak ang pananaw ng ating tema. Smile
Hindi ako magaling sa English language kaya tinagalog ko, o kahit
salitang Paete talaga, sa Language of Mathematics ako nahasa.
Ngayon meron akong katanungan, sana sagutin mo ng honest,
nabanggit mo na rin lang ang filipino histry,
1. unahin natin yun magagandang bagay na natutunan nating mga
Pilipino base sa history. sino ang unang nagdala sa atin ng maagang
edukasyon na siyang pinakikinabangan natin ngayon, meron bang
mangandang naituro sa atin ang mga kastila tungkol sa kabuhayan
natin ngayon. Question
2. ano ba nga magandang ginawa sa atin ng mga kapanahunan
tulad ng panahon nag kastila, ng hapon at sa huli ay mga amerkano.
ano ba ang mga magagandang kontribusyon ng tatlong lahi nito. Question
3. Anong kultura ang naibigay sa atin ng Kastila, hapon at
Amerkano at alin sa mga kulturang ito ang higit na ginagamit natin
ngayon? Question
Sa mga Rizal' Life works and writings, walang hinangad
na maganda ang Kastila kundi panatilihin tayong mangmang at bobo.
Sa kanila natin namana ang maraming masasamang ugali ng Pilipino,
tulad ng kahpokritahan, utak talangka, kayabangan, atb, Shocked
Sila rin ang gumamit at nagpasama sa Simbahang Katoliko,
kaya itinakwil ni Dr. Rizal ang relihiyong ito. Sila rin ang nagturo ng ilan
paraan ng maling pananampalataya tulad ng hindi pagaabuloy sa
simbahan ay kasalanan daw Panginoog Dios. Twisted Evil
Isipin mo Mr. Guest, tatlong daan taon tayong kolonya ng kastila,
pero ang natutunan lang natin paraan ng transportasyon ay kalesa o
karitela. Sad
Ngayon huwag na natin isa-isahin ang mga masamang ginawa ng
hapon sa atin, at least kahit ngayon ay nakakaganti sila sa atin, sa
pagbangon ng ekonomiya natin ( kahit sila kuripot magpasweldo
Pero ang kastila, ano tulong ang ginagawa nila sa atin, yun libreng visa
sa pagbiyahe sa Spain. Mad
Sayang nga, sana naging estado na lang tayo ng america, para
hindi tayo ganito na magkawatak-watak ang pananaw natin kung sino
ang mali at tama sa ganitong tema ng usapan. Sad
Huwag kang maoofend kabayan, sinasabi ko lang ang aking
opinyon at nagiging makakatotohanan lang ako at hindi dahil sa mental
coloniality na sinasabi mo, e paano kung sabihin ang pagiging coloniality
ay tungkol sa kastila o hapon, di ganon din yun di baga. Smile
Just a reminder kabayan, no offend intended about your comments
for America d' beatiful. Wink
Sincerely
tony dalagan
Fairfax, Virginia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ccdimacali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Tony. Saida started something positive. She was just expressing her wonderful experience in America. She was just expressing her gratitude towards her host. Like any invited guest of any home she was just commenting the beautiful things about her host’s house. I don’t think Saida intended her post to be a venue for debate. I think she was just expressing how happy she was for coming to our Summit 05. She was just expressing how happy she was to have seen America and she was very nice to share her experience with us. I believe anyone can also do the same about their experiences on their trips to parts of the Philippines. We would certainly like to hear it.

For those who don’t think kindly about America I will start another thread titled, “America Not So Beautiful.” Meet me there. I don't think it's not right for us to ruin Saida's experience by debating the issue here. But be forewarned, I ask a lot of questions to really understand where you’re coming from or what you really mean. If you can not or don’t feel like answering them, please don’t bother.

ccdimacali

P.S. Tony it’s OK to write in English. If somebody comments on it just tell them “Concentrate on content not on delivery.” It’s OK to make mistakes. Just default to ESL.
Juan Tinawin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: America the Beautiful (B.S.) Reply with quote

To answer your questions, Mr. Dalagan...
1. The americans, you said brought education to the Philippines, yes I definitely agree with you. However, do you really think that they did it without having anything to gain? I say, in all honesty, they stole our oriental heritage and culture just to take advantage of our people and natural resources. don't look too far, take a look at China, Korea or Japan did the americans or Spaniards educated them or brought education and civilizations to their country? If our country was not conquered or EXPLOITED by these western conquerers who knows how great our heritage and culture would have been, who knows how many scientists or great minds our country could've contributed to the world!
2. The Americans, in my opinion, did not save us from anything that we were not accustom to under the Spaniards or the Japanese. They simply took their turn to exploit us more. And it was our own FILIPINO people who helped the Americans "save" us! Don't forget, our own people fought the Spaniards on their own without help from anyone, do you really think that the Filipino people needed "rescuing" to win the war against the Japanese? I don't think so! Had these opportunistic americans left us alone, we would have won the war on our own!!!
3. The things we learned from their cultures......the Spaniards taugt us CORRUPTIONS, the americans taught us how to become opportunistic and the crab mentality, and the Japanese taught us PROSTITUTION. Although my opinions are not exactly like yours, i do admit we learned from them. I do believe we learned how to survive by dancing to the music, and pretending to like what they did to us!

Do you listen to filipino folk songs, especially songs by Gng. Freddie Aguilar? How about "Ang Bayan Kong Pilipinas"?

I don't mean to sound very angry, bitter and anti-westerners but if you look at the world history in general wherever there is a colonizations by eiher Europeans or Americans, the people are the ones who suffer and have a lot to lose and the conquerors have a lot to gain.
For example, Vietnam.....and now Iraq!

Sincerely, A Filipino Patriotic...and a very compassionate catholic from Paete who choose to remain anonymous.
Glo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: America the Beautiful (B.S.) Reply with quote

Hoy Tinawin...tigilan mo ako hane... nakakapikon ka na...

if not for America d'beautiful baka nagkaron ng Civil War nung
time ni Marcos...remember EDSA?...saka sinung nagpadala ng soldiers
to train your soldiers and give you soooo much money to fight
Terrorism in your (our) country huh?... you're full of BS!!! Mad

Look at your Elementary Schools ... and your Lamppost,
ask yourself what America d'Beautiful is doing for our
beloved town of Paete, huh?

Patriotism my a... andaming kailangan dyan....
sa Rural Health Unit, yung mini-ambulance na nasa Brgy. I
Ibaba de Sur ay galing sa pagmamagandang loob nina
Mr. Panfilo Grajera of Northern California...
ni walang 9-1-1 ang Paete ABBA...
yung mga pulis, sa PNP walang Mobile car,
tingnan mo yung Ermita Church, kelangan maipagawa ng maayos
...maano'y tulungan ng pagka-Patriotism mo ang Paete
at ng bumilib ako saYo kahit konti!...sinu ka mang herodes ka!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Whatever negative things you say to our great country AMERICA d'BEUATIFUL,
the LAND OF THE FREE, where Justice, Liberty and
Equality prevail... people all over the world wants to come and live here!

(pag-ako'y naiyamot ay baka dalhin kita rine ay!...Hahahahah)

-Anonymous Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms. caguin,
Thanks but no thanks! I where I am right now! and I don't really want to be assimilated like the rest of you. please don't sign anonymous...i can clearly see who you are!
saida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest wrote:
philippines is gorgeous compare to the united states. why are so many filipinos think that america is the better country. why? because most filipinos are so ashamed of where they came from. the so called colonial mentality! i find this really disgusting, i wish we could all see that not everything american is beautiful. don't you remember what they did to the philippines? think about it.
proud to be brown and filipino

dear mr/ms guest,

saying good about a particular country is not tantamount to saying you are ashamed of your own country. i love the phils. but when i saw the grandeur and the beauty of america, i felt so deeply sad that our poor county is so left behind. but feeling that way does not make me a lesser filipino. and you saying bad about america does not make you a greater filipino. my posting was primarily to thank all my gracious paetenean hosts and friends in the US and to share the wonderful experience from a first timer's point of view. there was nary a scintilla of your so called "colonial mentality" nor was there any mention that everything american is beautiful. you are barking at the wrong tree and you do not fully understand the real message i was trying to convey. another thing, you do not have to remind me about the evils and atrocities of america towards our country during their occupation because you do not have the monopoly of knowledge of the philppine history.

if at all you find my posting offensive, that is your problem. but allow me to borrow rhet butler's famous line to scarlet o'hara in their equally famous classic movie Gone With The Wind......"FRANKLY MY DEAR, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!"

....and btw, it is very ironic for you to say you are "proud to be brown and filipino" when you do not seem proud of your very own name!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Saida,
I think you missed the whole point of the discussion. I can go on and on and try to explain it to you...but, as the famous line goes from the movie "A Few Good Men"..
"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum