PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to post pictures in USAP PAETE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: How to post pictures in USAP PAETE Reply with quote

This is probably the most popular question that is being asked from me. Unfortunately, the answer is not straightforward and kind of complicated as some of you who have inquired already has found out.

I will be hosting a one hour WEBINAR sometime next week (date and time to be announced later-- but it will be between 9 - 11 pm here in Toronto) where I will demonstrate how you can resize your pictures (so you can post it as your photo-id here in the Forum) and how you can make your photos viewable her ein USAP PAETE. In the WEBINAR, I will share you my desktop so you will see exactly what I am doing. There wlll be no audio portion however (unless you want to call me long distance here in Toronto and listen to my instructions over the phone) so i will simply explain to you what i am doing via the CHAT window.

The WEBINAR program that I am using will only accommodate a maximum of ten people. I already have one signed-up (Moderator nette) so i still have room for 9 people... First come, first served! Email me if you want to join the seminar. All you need on your PC is an Internet connection (high-speed internet is preferable but dial-up will do) and your browser. No other software needed. I will give you detailed instructions in an email.
vermad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: WEBINAR Reply with quote

Rey:

I am interested and take this message as my registration. Please give me details. If there is a conflict of time or with some more pressing matters, I will cancel my registration to give room to other people. Looking forward...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ofeliad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: interested Reply with quote

Hi Rey,

I would like to sign up for the WEBINAR. I hope the time and date will fit mine because of the timezone difference (Belgium)

Thanks and greetings,
Opel
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Webinar Date - Friday October 14 2005 Reply with quote

Ver and Opel...

I signed you up for the webinar. I have six sign-up already. so i still have room for another four.

The Webinar will be on Friday, October 14, 2005 from 10 pm to 11 PM Eastern Time (ie, 7 - 8 pm Pacific Time); or October 15 2005 10 am to 11 am Manila/Paete time.

I will email you the instructions.

The Webinar will discuss about how you can upload your photos to your personal webpages and how you we can view them from your postings in USAP PAETE. I will also discuss how you can resize photos for optimum website viewing and for uploading as your photo-id here in USAP PAETE.

Rey
WEBINAR PEOPLE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Test photo upload from the webinar Reply with quote

Here is a photo of TLee and Amang Tom during the CAMPING 2000 here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada last July 2000:

You can add caption here at the top of the image

or you can add caption here at the bottom of the image

This is just a test posting from our WEBINAR session tonight....
vermad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Wonder of the Internet Reply with quote

I just wish to make news of our wonderful experience
of online seminar given by Rey Carolino
on October 14, 2005 at around 10 p.m. EST. The topic was simple:
How to resize photos.
It was the technology behind it that was fascinating.

The international participants were: Nenett Bagalso [Philippines],
Opel Demyttanaere [Belgium], Evelyn V. Schumann [California],
Fred Cagayat [NY], Ver Madrinan [NJ] and Rey Carolino, the facilitator [Canada].

It was a learning experience and fun. And all this happened
in real time.

Venn Bagalso sent a note about reviving the Saturday
Tayangtang. I am wondering if we can do it 7/24/365.
We just go there and we chat with whomever we bump into. Question

Last edited by vermad on Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
net_feldmann
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: testing Reply with quote

my husband and kids

mahirap pala magresize
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nette;

You need to retain the aspect ratio (height/width) when resizing
photographs. Resizing menus usually have this option. If you are using
the mouse to resize a photo, start from a corner and move in a diagonal
direction.
ariadne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: ako naman po Reply with quote

reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Wonder of the Internet Reply with quote

vermad wrote:
It was the technology behind it that was fascinating.

I used the program called GoToMeeting (www.gotomeeting.com). Its the first time I used that so medyo nangangapa pa ako kagabi. Ang ginagamit ko before when I do webinar to my clients is a similar program from Webex (which is now called MyWebexMeeting). They do the same thing and cost the same but I think I will switch to GoToMeeting because it has more slick features then Webex-- mas madali pating mag-join sa GoToMeeting dahil isang beses ka lang haharangin noong mga security questions nila.

Mas effective sana if I can supplement the presentation with a teleconference where the participants can listen to my explanation over the phone as I navigate my desktop. But that would mean extra long distance charges so I had to type my explanations in the CHAT box. I have a transcript of the session (both the chat dialogue and the presentation itself in Windows Movie format). If you want to have a copy, email me.

By the way, anybody in the webinar could have been the presenter. It does not necesarrily have to be me. Say if Ver wanted to demo his MS Word or Powerpoint expertise, I could have CHANGE PRESENTER and made him the presenter. We will then be viewing his desktop instead of my desktop. So if there is anyone there who has a special computer expertise that they may wish to share to our kababayans via a WEBINAR, you can get your own 15 days free use of GoToMeeting or MyWebexMeeting-- or you can use mine. Just let me know your preferrred WEbinar date and time, and I will set you up. Maximum of 10 people nga lang ang pwede dito sa ginagamit ko.

Rey

ps... tlee, amang tom--- i hope you don't mind dahil we used your camping 2000 photo for the demo... madalian kasi yong paghahanap ko ng photos to demonstrate and that was the first that come up so i just selected it.
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: testing Reply with quote

net_feldmann wrote:
mahirap pala magresize

Nette, unless you are using a drawing program that has an automatic resizing feature (where you only resize either the width and the height will be adjusted proportionately- or vice versa) complicated talaga mag-resize if you are using the PAINT program of Windows XP (under Programs, Accessories). You will need a calculator just like what we did last night <lol>...
ofeliad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

[THIS IS REY----- Opel-- pasensya ka na... i accidentally clicked on EDIT on your message instead of QUOTE---- so it looks like I am posting under your username..... sorry.......]

Opel-- sorry for the delayed reply... masyadong busy this week-end dahil simula na naman ng Basketball season nitong dalawang anak ko. we had our Welcome Party on Saturday and their first out-of-town exhibition game yesterday... so no time for internet until today....

Tanong ni Opel:

> My problem is how do I make it
> http://www.geocities.com/ofelia195028/IMG_1120.jpg
> because the space or characters alloted when
> I tried to rename the URL
> is not enough..I canot type the whole thing.

If the URL is too long, let it wraps to a second line in the message body.. even if it wraps around on the second line, it should still function. Just make sure the photo URL has the [IMG] in the beginning of the URL and the [/IMG] at the end of the URL. I tried to view the photo you mentioned above but it is no longer there. Did you delete it?

> Don't give up on me Rey.. thanks for your
> patience and dedication to this tutorial..
> because I will not give up until...

I'll not give up on you opel.. keep on trying... kayo na lang ni vermad ang wala pang photo upload... i'll not consider the webinar a success until i see you and vermad post your photo <lol>..
fredmc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Test of Photo Posting Reply with quote

Opening of Baldemor Family Exhibit in New York -October 10, 2005

fredmc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Rey! Reply with quote

Rey,

Salamat sa free Webinar, I think I got it. Natagalan lang ako dahil nahirapan ako doon
sa ginawa kong first free website sa Geocities. Hindi ko na ni-resize dahil hindi
naman lampas sa iyong maximum pixels for group picture (1024).

Thanks also to the other participants of "Gotomeeting", nice chatting with you all.

Maraming salamat sa aming Webmaster and Seminar leader.

FredMC

Last edited by fredmc on Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
net_feldmann
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: hi to all Reply with quote

Quote:
Mabuti ka pa Net at nakapag post na ng picture kahit hindi perfect ang pag resize.

Tita Opel nung una akong maglagay ng picture sobrang laki di kasya sa screen nitong monitor ko nakakahiya pag nakitang napakalaki ng picture kong nilagay 1400 X 1200 yata yun kaya binago ko e di pa rin maganda.

Si Mang Fred magaling na maglagay ng picture.

Kaya Thanks Kuya Rey Very Happy

Nenett
[/quote]
evelynv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Hi to all my co-WEBINAR participants - Just sharing this. Reply with quote

I enjoyed the Webinar last night even if I had a minor connection roblem. Thanks to all the participants, Fred C, Opel A, Nenett B, Vermad and most of all to Rey C. In this picture, I used Microsoft Digital Image Suite to resize, edit and add the information about the picture by inserting a text box on the picture itself.

How did I do Rey, pasado na baga? Notice that I also added my ID picture.

L - R: Ludy Valdecantos, Evelyn (me), Sta. Glow, President elect Delia Cagayat-de Guzman, Frank Villarin,
Lou Villarin-Encina, Ampy Cagayat-Tiongco, Fely Baldemor & Venn Bagalso (back).

Last edited by evelynv on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To picture-posters of Usap;

Most of the messages here are usually posted without paying attention to
carriage returns (which I just did, to make sure that my text does not go
beyond the screen width, so people do not need to scroll horizontally to
read my message. Usually, this is not a concern since the forum auto-
matically formats one's message so that it wraps. However, if their is a
picture or image (like in this topic or thread) that is wider than the
screen window size of this forum. The automatic line returns also occur
with that wider width. An example is this line, where you will need to touch your mouse and go sideway to your right to see just what I wrote.
evelynv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Attention: Angel Reply with quote

This is exactly what I did not want to do, have the reader scroll horizontally to see the whole picture. If I resize my picture now, will it adjust the margin of all the previous and subsequent postings? I really want to make the picture smaller. If not, can you delete my first posting & I will repost it?
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can still resize your photo and update the copy
that you have in your geocities account (make sure the
new resized photo has the same name as the one you
used in this posting, otherwise, you have to edit the post
above and simply changed the filename to the new one
that corresponds to your resized photo). By the way,
if I am not mistaken, since you are a registered user
here, you may edit or delete your own posts. Good luck.
evelynv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Angel, it worked! So the margin on this
posting will follow the widest one that is already posted
above it? I just tried it this time, hope it works.
There is no preview on this one.
Thank you for your quick reply.
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did a good job. Congratulations. I had to edit Net's pictures as well so that you get to see that the forum has the right margins now. I hope Net does not mind.
vermad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention: Angel Reply with quote

evelynv wrote:
I really want to make the picture smaller. If not, can you delete my first posting & I will repost it?

I THINK the author of the posting can always edit the message, including pictures [?]. I have edited my postings, although I haven't done it with pictures since I haven't posted any.

I still have to post at least one picture to show our teacher, Rey C., that he didn't waste his time with me. LOL!
evelynv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Vermad for pointing that out. I went back and read the FAQ and the answer to my questions were there. I edited my posting and added the names of the people in the picture. Baka merong mga friends, relatives or mga dating "admirers" na interesadong makita ang hitsura ngayon, di baga ano? (LOL) Editing pictures is not hard. Just read Angel's response to my question on the subject.

Editing also add in the bottom of the posting the date and number of times the posting was edited. This is really neat!
fredmc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Editing and Wrap around - Thanks Angel Reply with quote

Thanks Angel for pointing out the margin especially
when posting a picture. I will take that into account
in my future photo postings.

Also, I didn't realize I can still edit my previous
postings. Sometimes there are errors I noticed
after I have posted and I thought I can not do
anything anymore. I just edited my previous
postings to change the margins so that we don't
have to scroll horizontally to read the whole
sentence.
Glo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Congrats Ka Belen... Reply with quote

adedios wrote:
You did a good job. Congratulations.

Hello and WELCOME here at Usap Ka Belen ...

Ms. Evelyn Villarin-Schuman, yup, you did a good job.
Congratulations
!!!
... looks like you are now ready to post any of our
PI SoCal events here
Wink

(Pwede ba pa-resize ng b-o-d-y... syado mahaba width sa all sides heheheh) Rolling Eyes Cool Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum