PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to post pictures in USAP PAETE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ofeliad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: practice Reply with quote

I hope this will work...

how come? I resized it into 1020X765 pixels but its still very big
I will reduce again the size of the pic and post another time

in the picture are the talented painters from kape Kesada
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photo is actually 1168x876, the width of 876 is wider than the forum -
a good number is around 600-650, so that the picture fits inside the
margins of the forum. When Rey talked about wide pictures, these are
for panoramic shots. For ordinary photos, they need not be so wide.

Also, try to use your photo editing software to adjust the brightness and contrast of the picture.

Last edited by adedios on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks, Rey! Reply with quote

fredmc wrote:
I think I got it.

Yes, Fred! You got it... Good one.... Am glad may naging silbi sa yo yong webinar.... keep those photos showing...
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: practice Reply with quote

ofeliad wrote:
I hope this will work...

Good try, Opel.... its too big though.. try reducing the width to 800 pixels..
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Photo size Reply with quote

adedios wrote:
When Rey talked about wide pictures, these are
for panoramic shots.

That is correct. Here is my rule of thumb when posting photos on the Web:

1. For a single photo- no bigger than 300-400 pixels wide.

2. For 2-3 people in the photo- no bigger than 500 pixels wide

3. For a small group photo= no larger than 640 pixels wide

4. For a large group photo= no bigger than 1,024 pixels wide.

Do not go larger than 1,024 pixels and do it only for large group photo.

One more thing.. to keep the size of the photo small and save on your disk space consumption at Geocities (where you are only allowed up to 15MB free disk space), make the resolution no bigger than 72 DPI (dots per inch).
ofeliad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: practice 2 Reply with quote

I hope the same picture will be smaller this time

the same talented paiters in the Kape Kesada

Haaay...I think I made it this time

Thank you guardian angels Rey, Evelyn, and real angel Prof Angel for your golden tips
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hi to all my co-WEBINAR participants - Just sharing this Reply with quote

evelynv wrote:
In this picture, I used Microsoft Digital Image Suite to resize, edit and add the information about the picture by inserting a text box on the picture itself. How did I do Rey, pasado na baga? Notice that I also added my ID picture.

Pasadong, pasado, Evelyn! Nice one... hope to see more photos from you...
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: practice 2 Reply with quote

ofeliad wrote:
I hope the same picture will be smaller this time
>http://geocities.com/ofelia195028/kapeKes.jpg

Opel-- double check the URL-- its not correct... the image name is case sensitive-- so make sure you type it exactly in the right upper or lower case.
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Attention: Angel Reply with quote

vermad wrote:
I still have to post at least one picture to show our teacher, Rey C., that he didn't waste his time with me. LOL!

Yes, Ver... ikaw na lang ang kulang.. lahat sila ay naka-upload na... try to do that in your comcast account-- instead of Geocities.. you will have a bigger disk space allocation there.
ofeliad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: lansones Reply with quote

Buwig ng Lansones

aba its working, I see the image preview and I reduced it to 502X376 pixel
tama ba Prof. Angel?, Rey do you also see the image?, baka mawala na naman naku!

Thanks, Opel
adedios
SuperPoster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofelia;

Yes, we can all see it. This is good. Now, as you can see, all the messages are now within the margins of the forum.

Good job.
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: lansones Reply with quote

ofeliad wrote:
Rey do you also see the image?, baka mawala na naman naku!

I can see it loud and clear! Good job, Opel! that's a pretty shot of our lanzones which i haven't eaten in ages! sana pwedeng kumain sa internet <lol>..
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Editing posted message Reply with quote

vermad wrote:
I THINK the author of the posting can always edit the message, including pictures [?].

You can do that if you were logged in with your profile when you made the post. But if you were not logged in (ie, your article was posted as username "Guest", then only the Moderators can edit the post.
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: New Webinar Reply with quote

Attention: All Webinar Participants (VerMad, Nette, FredC, Opel and Evelyn).... perhaps you can share your newly-discovered expertise to the other people here wanting to share their photos as well? If so, I can set up the Webinar with you as the PRESENTER. Don't worry about the technical aspect- I'll deal with that. During the Webinar, I will simply make you the PRESENTER and you can show them your stuff. Any taker?
fredmc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Maybe some other time... Reply with quote

Rey,

Nangangapa pa ako. I still have to practice some more, including the profile picture.
I might do a little flowchart for myself to have the proper sequence, not by trial
and error. You mentioned before about Powerpoint slide presentation in the webinar.
What's the advantage?

FredMC
fredmc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Copying exact URL (To Opel) Reply with quote

Opel,

In my first few tries, I kept messing up the URL and only an X appears on Usap Screen.
I found a simple trick to ensure that the exact URL is copied. You don't have to retype it.

Highlight the URL or just right click on it (and select "copy") and then go to Usap then right
click and "paste" the URL which was temporary held in the clip board.

Hope it helps.

FredMC
ofeliad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying exact URL (To Opel) Reply with quote

Quote:
You don't have to retype it.

Thanks for the tip Kang FredMC,

I also had that experience of getting a red boxed x in my previous attempt in posting.

Evelyn gave me that advise too, but my problem is how to assemble that URL for every picture because when I uplode the pic, it contains only the file name given (now I understand what Rey was saying about assigning a short filename).

So, that filename plus my geocites web page equals the important URL. I am familiar with the cut, paste and copy tools.

My question actually is where do you get that complete URL so you can just copy it to the Usap forum without retyping. Do you copy and paste twice for one URL. Is this a silly question?
For the moment, I am more worried about my first 2 postings using the same image. It had deteriorated a lot in quality after resizing, while the original was almost perfectly sharp and needed just a little editing like what Prof. Angel suggested. My second picture turned out to be ok though.

Meanwhile Rey, like kang Fred I am also still not confident enough to facilitate/present for the next batch of WEBINAR session here but I would like to experience it again if allowed.

What about you Evelyn?

Sorry, nagka halo halo na ang kinakausap ko, pero nagandahan ako sa mga litrato na inilagay ninyo rito sa Usap, Evelyn at ikaw Ka Fred. Nette ang cute ng mga anak mo, hindi ko yata sila napansin noong nagkita tayo sa internet cafe. Gusto ko rin young posting nyo na magkakatabi ang litrato.
Isa pa yan na gusto kong subukan sa susunod.

Kumusta na lamang sa inyong lahat,
Opel
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Powerpoint Reply with quote

fredmc wrote:
You mentioned before about Powerpoint slide presentation in the webinar. What's the advantage?

The use of Powerpoint in a webinar will be effective only if there is an audio portion supplementing the webinar where the presenter will explain and discuss every slides being shown in the Powerpoint. If there is no audio portion, its not advisable to use Powerpoint-- unless you want to present a slideshow that tells a story by itself.
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Copying exact URL (To Opel) Reply with quote

ofeliad wrote:
My question actually is where do you get that complete URL so you can just copy it to the Usap forum without retyping.

In your Geocities website, go to File Manager. It will list the files you have. Look for your image. Besides it, there is a VIEW menu. Click on the VIEW menu and it will display the image with the URL of that image in the browser address field. You can copy it from there.
ofeliad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: I really get it this time, finally Reply with quote

integrated arts workshop dress rehersal for the final showcase LICEO students

Thanks again Rey, I think I am ready to post the pictures (more than 36)
I took in August when I visited Paete
net_feldmann
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Inang Opel Reply with quote

Quote:
Nette ang cute ng mga anak mo, hindi ko yata sila napansin noong nagkita tayo sa internet cafe. Gusto ko rin young posting nyo na magkakatabi ang litrato

Inang Opel, thanks po, yun pong tabi tabi ng litrato ang anak ko pong si ariadne ang gumawa nun, natuto na po agad siya ng turuan ko. Minsan lang po pumunta ang mga anak ko sa internet cafe ko kasi malilikot pa po sila at nagagalit pag walang bakante Very Happy

Nenett
syanos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: kakatuwa :D Reply with quote

i just checked the new posts here in paete.org. and i just knew about this study regarding image resizing/posting. great! nakakatuwa pong malaman na madaming willing na matuto. and i hope i can help, too. Very Happy tita ofel, kindly post po ur latest pic para po mapakita ko kay lola. kamusta daw po.

God bless Paete!

Exclamation - just wanna share the photos of a hamster - Exclamation

Very Happy - nde po yan patay, tulog lang. baka nananaginip! - Very Happy
evelynv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Hi Opel - forget about my email to you, you got it now! Reply with quote

*****Good job Opel, the last picture you posted is perfect.*****

Here is a picture I took at Tatlong Kurus during BalikPaete 2004. My sister and
I took a lot of pictures on our vacation in Paete and I might post some more later. Very Happy

Last edited by evelynv on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
net_feldmann
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: try ko uli kung ok na ang size Reply with quote

me and my husband

ginawa ko ang resizing sa photo shop
reyc
Forum Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: I really get it this time, finally Reply with quote

ofeliad wrote:
I think I am ready to post the pictures (more than 36)
I took in August when I visited Paete

Nice photo, Opel! Looking forward to see more. However don't show all those 36 photos in the same topic as that will make it difficult for people to load that topic especially if they are on a dial-up connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum