PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PI Canada 2005 Christmas Party Photos and Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Photo Albums and Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: PI Canada 2005 Christmas Party Photos and Video Reply with quote

Click here to play a 15 minute video of the Party

Reported by Lee Quesada:

We had a very enjoyable and successful Christmas party, thanx once again to outgoing President Tom Cahatol and all the officers (including wives and husbands). It was a very wonderful get-together.

Main points at the party were the presentation of the new officers by PresidentTom, an induction party will be scheduled.

Aramis Jucaban (ex President Thelma Jucaban's husband) played Santa, he was so good and the children and even the adults were thoroughly amused and entertained, everybody had a hard time guessing who he was under the white beard and hat and red huge tummy. The children were so delighted and excited with the exchange of gifts.

Then, I asked Tom Cahatol's permission to pass around copies of Konsehal Odettte's PACTAF appeal letter; Tom so obligingly went around and distributed the letter himself then he called me to speak and explain and introduce the letter. I took the mike and started with: the 'the good news is' that the infrastructure of the AlayComputer project for the 3 elementary schools in Paete are now as complete as can be. Ibriefly mentioned how we are so blessed and recognized specially and foremost Angel Cagandahan de Dios (a Paetenian from Georgetown U in Washington, DC and Ann Lan Kagahastian Candelaria (another
Paetenian) from Ateneo dept of education group. Currently e-learning (electronic learing via the Internet) thru Internet Resources and new information being provided to the teachers by Prof Angel is ongoing and actively accomplished by the teachers who are markedly trying their best in spite of their busy life. I told them the kids are now starting computer classes, the teachers are now creating websites for the schools and becoming users of the Internet Information resources that Angel is so dutifully providing. I mentioned also that the AlayComputer is now starting to extend the Internet project to the national high school for the teachers to have the same opportunities.

Then finally, I said:

The 'bad news' is, that robbery in our town is getting out of control, and is the main reason why I was standing in front of them to appeal and ask pledges to help the PACTAF $10 Club that Aurel Cagahastian (who is Elena and Gunnar's brother) who resides in Jedda volunteered and initiated this fund raising to sustain and maintain Paete volunteer cops to guard the town and the cemeteries. It turned out this was not a hard job for me after all because everybody started coming to me and to Lucy at the party on their own accord to give their $10 and their pledges so willingly.

These are the people who donated to the PACTAF club at the party:

1. Ram (Thelma Mendoza) Jucaban $10
2. Pamela Aseoche $10
3. Armando V. Baisas (from Ottawa) $10
4. Jun Paygane ($10
5. Gunnar Emausson $US10 (from Montreal)
6. Elena Cagahastian Emausson $US10 (from Montreal)
7. Arnie Quesada $10
8. Tess Manalo Madrinan (wife of the late Ted Madrinan, a founder of Paetenian International) $10
9. Romeo Adea, Jr. $10
10. Tom Cahatol $10
11. Ross Navarro $10
12. Clarita Madridejos $10
13. Rebecca Cadawas $10
14. Ed Paraiso $10

Pledges:
15. as a Sponsor, Teresa Balcos $50
16. Zomy Abanilla $10
17. Lee Quesada $10
18. Judy Q. Carolino $10
19. Mrs. Lourdes Q. Carolino $10

Then there were lottery raffles organized and managed by the ladies of our chapter with solicited prizes like a DVD player, a TV and others. The raffle draw netted $150 and the PI Canada Chapter decided to turn-over the proceeds to the Paskuha 2005 plus a matching donation of $150 to make it an even $300 Christmas Gifts for our kababayans back home.

Dinner was Roast Beef and Salmon, rice and potato combo, spaghetti for the kids, desserts were 'potluck' ('Tita' Loyd's yummy "maduya!" was unforgetable) and the party was held at a modest restaurant in Don Mills Toronto area owned by a Filipino-Canadian (Pimiento Restaurant). Incoming President Jun Paygane took charge of this. we had a full house! and a lively DJ.

'Honorary' Paetenians who are actively participating in this chapter's affairs through these years were also called one by one and recognized. Elie cahatol came all the way from Port Colborne, Ontario with another Filipna-Canadian guest residing there. Gunnar And Elena Emausson drove from Montreal with Mando Baisas and his wife who came all the way from Ottawa. Teresa Balcos of the San Santiago High School Class of 1972 showed up for the first time with her lovely daughter Meg. We missed Conrad and his wife Cristy at the party this year. And of course we missed Pong Navarro from Sarnia. But it is understandable, kapal na rin ng snow dito at napakadulas (icy) sa kalye. Mila Baccay and her husband came too. And many others I will let the others mention if they can.

While waiting for dinner to be served the Karaoke activities started. Then the dance floor started to light up and there was line dancing, otso-otso, spaghetti up down, chacha, etc. which became more and more lively after the dinner. I have to mention here (a hint of pride) that the life of the dance floor was our RonRon Adea who kept grabbing partners and was was also being grabbed as partner by the ladies especially to the Otso Otso and Spaghetti music. Ron learned these dances from his young cousin Audrey (daughter of Jun Adea's sister, the dentist) in the Philippines during Ron's vactions there at Sun Valley in Paranaque.

I had to leave the party ahead of everybody courtesy of my godson Arnold because i still had this 8 am mass to do the following day.

This is all i could remember and the others will probably add news bits to this later. (pls. excuse typos, antok pa ako and Monday is an early busy day for me.

No more time to re-read and edit.

Cheers!

tlee

Last edited by admin on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paetenians Canada Chapter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: PI Canada 2005 Christmas Party Photos Reply with quote

Click here to view the pictures during the 2005 PI Canada Christmas Party
odettes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Pasasalamat sa PACTAF $10-Club Canada Members and Sponsors Reply with quote

TLEE,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A GRACE-FILLED NEW YEAR TO all PI Canada Chapter members!

I'm sorry 'coz I had no chance to thank you immediately for your effort to distribute my Pactaf Appeal letter and introduce the PACTAF $10-Club to your fellow PI Canada Chapter members.

In behalf of the municipal gov't officials of Paete and the PACTAF voulunteers, I would like to extend our gratitude to the overwhelming response and generosity of our kababayans to support the financial needs of PACTAF.

Umasa kayo na magiging kapakipakinabang ang inyong tulong para sa kapakanan ng ating mga kababayan dito sa Paete.Nawa'y lalo kayong pagpalain ng Poong Maykapal!
amork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

dear tlee, thanks for sharing this info.

and the pictures, wow! nice to see the PI Canada people again.

Merry Christmas po sa inyong lahat diyan sa Canada!

rgrds,
amor
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Photo Albums and Videos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: