PAETE.ORG FORUMS
Paetenians Home on the Net

HOME | ABOUT PAETE | USAP PAETE MUNISIPYO  | MEMBERS ONLY  | PICTORIAL PAETE | SINING PAETE  | LINKS  |

FORUM GUIDELINES
please read before posting

USAP PAETE Forum Index USAP PAETE
Discussion Forums for the people of Paete, Laguna, Philippines

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent! Anybody in Pasig esp the family of Tita Lou Cadawas

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cadawas family

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Urgent! Anybody in Pasig esp the family of Tita Lou Cadawas Reply with quote

We're trying to contact Tita Lou Cadawas, Mean and Ate Ela's phone number since yesterday... but no answer... Just wanted to know if they're okay... Their residence is located near Ever Gotesco Rosario Pasig..

Any info would be appreciated... Thank you.

Cadawas family
Paete, Laguna
Ludy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Wala kaming makontak to check our dearest Flora Lou...I tried and tried...nakontak namin ang family nina Pareng Fred at Tala, ok na, nakabalita na kami pero kay Flora ay wala pa, anybody?
saidacdulay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to contact Lou since Saturday, Sunday at ngayong maghapon, nakailang text na rin ako sa kanya pero walang sagot. I tried to get in touch too with all my friends, relatives and officemates in the areas of Pasig, Marikina, and Cainta but it seems all their lines are dead, both landline and cellphone. Brownout pa siguro sa kanila kaya baka hindi pa makapag charge ng cellphone

Will update you as soon as there's news.

Saida
Tisay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

Saida & Ludy...I was able to communicate with Ella through e-mail, at okey daw naman si Lou & her daughter Meiann. Sa 2nd floor ng house nila nag-stay 'yung mag-ina. Everything on the first floor daw ay na damaged na , including her coca-cola collections...sabi ko nga kay Ella, sabihin sa Mama n'ya not to worry mga material na bagay lang naman 'yun. As of yesterday hindi pa nila napupuntahan sina Lou, balak nga daw nun son-in-law n'ya na lumangoy papunta dun. Grabe ang nangyari d'yan, I'm praying for everybody's safety including 'yung brother ko na nakatira sa Pasig close to Lou's place...last text n'ya sa akin (Saturday) ay hanggang chest na ang tubig, lubog na daw 'yung tindahan nila, ngayon wala pa rin uli kaming balita. We're just hoping for the better.

saidacdulay wrote:
I've been trying to contact Lou since Saturday, Sunday at ngayong maghapon, nakailang text na rin ako sa kanya pero walang sagot. I tried to get in touch too with all my friends, relatives and officemates in the areas of Pasig, Marikina, and Cainta but it seems all their lines are dead, both landline and cellphone. Brownout pa siguro sa kanila kaya baka hindi pa makapag charge ng cellphone

Will update you as soon as there's news.

Saida

Tisay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: hello Reply with quote

Here's the last e-mail I got from Ella:

hi tita nemie, mama is staying with my ate until power gets back. our house was a real mess but she is fine. magfefacebook yun soon. : )
Flora_Lou Cadawas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Thanks to everyone Reply with quote

Thank you very very much , mga katoto. I was incommunicado for two days. (and maybe until now if I hadn't moved here at Doyit and Ritchie's place in Las, Pinas, away from the fllood). Saturday 10:30am, Meian came home (from UST/dorm). I complained as the rain had started, she'd have a hard time going back to school. That was a blessing, lest I'd be all alone figuring out how I could leap to our neighbor's 3rd floor. Not much food I had stored, I live in a very busy commercial street where everything is just a few steps away. I had one kilo of chicken, half of which became tinola (Meian wanted anything soup when she's home). The other half went to the freezer, the rain had started and no way to cook in my backyard dirty kitchen. As Meian stepped inside the house, I set our table, but we never got to sit down. Rain was then falling hard, and some gurgling in my bathroom became the start, there was something unusual coming up.Meian was from duty so I let her sleep...up to 2pm, as the water in the house which I could still sweep out of the house earlier was whew!! we started bringing stuff on the second floor. In two hours, (from my mid-leg) flood water rose above my knee. The last one I was about to do was my coke collection. No way! Meian, the doctor asked me, 'coke collection or leptospirosis?'That was Saturday, Sept. 26. I carted my rice, tinola, 2 boiled eggs and 6 pcs of hotdog buns. (Typhoons come and go that we forget the should-do's on such emergency if ever.) Flood water had'nt entered our house before. Talk of neighbors who shrugged their shoulders when I asked if water's gotten to their house, as mine had started. They were late.
From 8-10pm, Meian monitored the water level at 6 inches every hour. So by 12midnight we'd be getting out by the fire exit, crawl two rooftops (luckily first floors, and leap to the 3rd floor of the 3rd house). We packed our bags and looked for rain repellant jackets. while watching people swam, walk on electric/telephone cables, climb my garage roof while hearing blag-and-clank-and-clink downstairs. (There goes your Coke ref, was her first joke.)
No sleeping for her, kala nya duty siya. (buti naman)
We'd have markers across the street (thanks to our neighbor's grill fence), but no thanks to how fast the water rose.
The next morning, wow! again, we were like imprisoned behind our windows. A tv set passed by, I learned the art of using ropes in flood, and our carinderia sa tapat was frying bangus. and they all feasted on RICE right before our eyes. we had nothing but the hotdog buns and the boiled eggs. The tinola napanis. A friendly neighbor handed me a plastic of rice (she's the kind of kind lady, always asking me as she knew I have nobody with me in the house). At 3pm, Saturday pa rin, a guy was shouting "Mama, Mama , while climbing me garage roof. Ritchie, Doyit's husband snorkeled from De Castro Subd with food and water. It was a great relief seeing somebody with food, but the worry of how he'd swim back was really a worry. And I could never check on him. I was incommunicado.
I've taken notes on how one will survive as I thought of Paete as also in risk of flashfloods. I was really about to write an item on this. But 'ambush interviews" such as these are a ok to me. (That flood really came in a flash, but left so so so slowly, very hesitantly.
There's nothing better than be prepared with rice, water, candles, matches, canned goods (i don't have much except tuna). There's no food the day after a flood. On my street, the whole row is commercial, everything was soaked - computer shop, fruit stand, mini-groceries, beauty parlors, carinderia, atbp.atbp. (All my ukay got soaked, i own a trift store).nobody earned much but the egg vendor this morning. Very enterprising man, he had a jeepload of eggs. Save your stove first. And put aside everything on the floor including rugs. It helps to have disposable plates and spoons. Hahaha, my neighbors could have seen us with chopsticks.
No politicians came. No food. No help until Sunday. No government. Those shown on tv are but 'window dressing.'
But the moon shone on us on our second dark night. Pun intended.
fredmc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Ondoy's victims Reply with quote

Hi Flora Lou, etc.

Thanks for sharing your experience and glad to know you're O.K. despite the hardships. Nakita ko rin sa YouTube and baha at yong gumagamit ng lubid at inflated boats/salbabida para makatawid sa kabila.

I am also anxious to know about Nel Africano who lives in Cainta,Rizal. I read that Cainta was also hit hard by the flood. Hope they are O.K.

FredMC
saida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flouks,

It was a relief to hear from you. Hindi lang yata tig sampung beses kita tinawagan at tinext. So far, sa lahat ng kinokontak ko from that area [Pasig, Cainta at Marikina] ay ikaw pa lamang ang sumagot. I wonder what happened to them. Di bale na naubos ang coke collection mo, di bale ng nag ala Spiderman ka...wag lang Dyesebel. That's one hell ofan experience. But thank God nandyan ka pa. The other stories and footages on TV are so heartbreaking...nakakaiyak!

Fred,

Tinatawagan ko rin si Nel but up to now, walang sumasagot sa cellphone niya. I heard 100% of Cainta was submerged in deep, deep water and up to now some areas are still lubog. I guess all PLDT lines are still dead at brownout pa rin kaya hindi sila makapag charge ng cellphones.

Let's pray they are ok.
Ludy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: he he he Reply with quote

Hi Flouks,

hahahahaha sabi nina FPJ ay kung nag dyesebel ka raw ay silang dalawa ni dancoy ang syokoy bwuahahahahahahahahhaa...andito kasi sila, hayun natutulog sa sala ko he he he...kagugulo namin dito, di namin alam ni mareng tala kung sino dun sa dalawa ang bading hahahahaha...tumakas lang pala si FPJ, mag oovertime daw, aba ay hare, at nakarating sa southern california.

hi saida...

Baina, lahat na ay na text ko dyan kay flouks...salamat po Panginoon. Nag uumpisa ako ng collection, he he he may isang elderly na customer ko sa nuskin ang may collection ng betty boops hahahahaha ipinagbibili sa akin at hulugan ko na lang daw, flouks, yun na lang ang ipalit mo sa collection mo ng coke...korteng coke naman ang katawan ni betty boops he he he he Wink Very Happy

saida wrote:
Flouks,

It was a relief to hear from you. Hindi lang yata tig sampung beses kita tinawagan at tinext. So far, sa lahat ng kinokontak ko from that area [Pasig, Cainta at Marikina] ay ikaw pa lamang ang sumagot. I wonder what happened to them. Di bale na naubos ang coke collection mo, di bale ng nag ala Spiderman ka...wag lang Dyesebel. That's one hell ofan experience. But thank God nandyan ka pa. The other stories and footages on TV are so heartbreaking...nakakaiyak!

Fred,

Tinatawagan ko rin si Nel but up to now, walang sumasagot sa cellphone niya. I heard 100% of Cainta was submerged in deep, deep water and up to now some areas are still lubog. I guess all PLDT lines are still dead at brownout pa rin kaya hindi sila makapag charge ng cellphones.

Let's pray they are ok.

FloraLou Cadawas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fred, thanks. I once chanced on Nel sa Sta,Lucia Mall sa Cainta o Antipolo na yun. so siguro dun lang siya sa paligid. We have another classmate from Kabulusan si Jovita de Ocampo sa bandang Vista Verde. Di pa rin sagot. Ang tubig namin ay nanggaling sa kanila na napakabilis tumaas pero napakabagal bumaba. We've noticed that lately ganon na palagi dun galing from that direction ang baha. Mas una kaming nakakalabas palayo sa baha kasi Pasig side kami. Ako ay swerteng nakalabas kaya kahit walang tao sa bahay ko pinipilit ko na ring to get a good night sleep. Kasi di pa rin pinalalagpas ng looters at mga oportunista. Pero who cares, lahat ng appliances ko lumutang sa baha, Saida don't worry , tuloy ang karaoke magaan kasi yun. at yung tv, nabuhat ni Meain. OA daw kasi ako, ayun pasalamat sa kakulitan ko. My daughters won't allow me to stay behind. Madilim, malungkot ang bahay. I haven't cried yet about my loss, nun lang nagdarasal nun me baha, that was when I cried. I put all my santo sa ibabaw ng hagdan and prayed , 'wag na po sanang lumampas dito." at nangyari!!! I don't talk much about my faith...pero eto emote ako. you'd never appreciate anything until you've got yourself face to face with it. I'd say everyday in one's life is a miracle. And another one, again, happened in my life.
When we were holed up for two days only, (God!, we were so lucky, others are still out there),( away from all media reports)... i still saw myself so blessed. i saw a man in the flood shouted "tulong, tulong." and voices would just echo from my neighbors..."kapit sa kaliwa, me rehas." Last night when I went home to the safety of my daughter's soft bed, Baliwag chicken, and charging my fone...I was shocked, pensive...what's happening to all these people on tv? Napapapakaswerte ko pa pala!
SAida, DaLuds, salamat. Tell FPJ iboboto ko siya kasi naalala niya ako kahit nandiyan siya. Dito two and half days nakatanghod kami. Hi, Dangcoy.
Daluds, sandamakmak ang huhugasan kong coke. puteeeek!- Salamat sa lahat.
eto po si...

Floukay na lumubog ang ukay!!!
ten m. bagabaldo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Thank God Reply with quote

Hi Flouks,

Nice to know you're very safe & i already saw your pix with your kids,parang walang nangyari : )

Grabe pala ang nangyari sa yo pero mas blessed ka pa rin kesa iba,at yan ang dapat nating ipagpasalamat sa Diyos: )

O,kailan ang ating videokehan?,hehehe,...kumusta na kaya si Vita?,naku,sayang ang tindahan nya kung naapektuhan sya.

Sige,enjoy your baliwag lechon manok & your daughter's soft bed : ) ....wag mo na lang intindihin ang mga coke collections mo sabi nga nila at material things lang naman yon at mapapalitan pa rin naman.. Wink Wink Wink ...o pahinga kang mabuti at bumawi ka ng tulog Wink

Ten-10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tita Lou,
Hi!
We are very glad to hear from you. My nanay is very much worried sa inyo pong tatlo nina tita Perla, Ninang Ten and ofcourse you. And it’s a relief na nagpost po kayo ng message dito sa usap,though di po nakausap ni nanay si ninang Ten, atleast we know she’s ok thru her post also here in USAP. Don’t worry tita sabi po ni Nanay she will help you again in collecting all those coke items though which was already destroyed are irreplaceable. Nevertheless, you can still collect other stuff, like betty boop, he he he, what is important is you and mean are now safe. One more thing, masuwerte po kayo so manugang ha.
God bless po!
Before, I forget, may balita po ba kayo kay tita perla?
Thanks
Badette
kabalikat_3536

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIMES Reply with quote

FloraLou Cadawas wrote:
Hi Fred, thanks. I once chanced on Nel sa Sta,Lucia Mall sa Cainta o Antipolo na yun. so siguro dun lang siya sa paligid. We have another classmate from Kabulusan si Jovita de Ocampo sa bandang Vista Verde. Di pa rin sagot. Ang tubig namin ay nanggaling sa kanila na napakabilis tumaas pero napakabagal bumaba. We've noticed that lately ganon na palagi dun galing from that direction ang baha. Mas una kaming nakakalabas palayo sa baha kasi Pasig side kami. Ako ay swerteng nakalabas kaya kahit walang tao sa bahay ko pinipilit ko na ring to get a good night sleep. Kasi di pa rin pinalalagpas ng looters at mga oportunista. Pero who cares, lahat ng appliances ko lumutang sa baha, Saida don't worry , tuloy ang karaoke magaan kasi yun. at yung tv, nabuhat ni Meain. OA daw kasi ako, ayun pasalamat sa kakulitan ko. My daughters won't allow me to stay behind. Madilim, malungkot ang bahay. I haven't cried yet about my loss, nun lang nagdarasal nun me baha, that was when I cried. I put all my santo sa ibabaw ng hagdan and prayed , 'wag na po sanang lumampas dito." at nangyari!!! I don't talk much about my faith...pero eto emote ako. you'd never appreciate anything until you've got yourself face to face with it. I'd say everyday in one's life is a miracle. And another one, again, happened in my life.
When we were holed up for two days only, (God!, we were so lucky, others are still out there),( away from all media reports)... i still saw myself so blessed. i saw a man in the flood shouted "tulong, tulong." and voices would just echo from my neighbors..."kapit sa kaliwa, me rehas." Last night when I went home to the safety of my daughter's soft bed, Baliwag chicken, and charging my fone...I was shocked, pensive...what's happening to all these people on tv? Napapapakaswerte ko pa pala!
SAida, DaLuds, salamat. Tell FPJ iboboto ko siya kasi naalala niya ako kahit nandiyan siya. Dito two and half days nakatanghod kami. Hi, Dangcoy.
Daluds, sandamakmak ang huhugasan kong coke. puteeeek!- Salamat sa lahat.
eto po si...

Floukay na lumubog ang ukay!!!

tita lou...

musta po tita lou...na basa na ng ina at pupunta sa bagumbayan sa mga dada..sasabihin nya yung ngyari sayo jan...na ok na ok ang maganda kong tita..don`t worry sabi ng ina at tutulungan ka naming mag hugas ng nga coke...hehehe.. tinatanung po pati ng ina kung anjan ka po sa pasig para maka daan po kami jan.bai sabi kase ng ina nasa U.S ka..kaya sabi ko aba ai tawagan natin ang tita lou yung pina kikita sa TV ai malapit sa kanila yun...kay buti talaga ng PANGINOON dahil ok na ok ka tita...tx tx na lang po tita... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten and Badette,

Salamat ng marami. Si Perla Montes in on the 4th floor of Oasis One Condo on Ortigas, just opposite Lifehomes Subd. (half a kilometer away from me). So safe sila. Wala lang tubig (per her text Monday).Perla's other son Jeng lives in Vista Verde. Apat daw ang kotse sa garahe na lumubog. Walang second floor ang bahay. Nakakalabas na si Perla dahil mas malapit siya sa labasan.
FloraLou Cadawas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Perla Montes is ok, 4th floor unit siya sa Oasis One Ortigas (across Lifehomes Subd), half kilometer away from me. Mas malapit siya sa exit kesa sa akin. Her son Jeng from Vista Verde ay 4 na kotse raw ang nalubog nun family sa Vista Verde. Wala kasi second floor.
My family, relatives from Paete are still worried with our relative Gloria Ac-ac's family sa Brookside. Wala pa kasing nakakasagot sa text from Marikina and Cainta.
Talaga lang walang komunikasyon. One of my friends from Countryside texted na umalis na sila doon. even if her house is on the 4th floor building (she owns the bldg.). When people see the chance to leave , they do.
Kang Tita, thanks sa pag -alala. Am here at Doyit's place in Pilar Village in Las Pinas. Kuya Oscar had surgery at Medical City at worried yun lahat ng anak niya sa US. Mabuti kanina nag kausap sila. na relay ni Mel (asawa ni Wili) dahil office si Mel sa Makati , at napag dugtong-dugtong namin ang pangungumusta. Umiiyak na si May sa States. Ngayun at least kalmante na. Napakahirap talaga yung di nag kakaalaman.
Text me pag luluwas kayo. lalangoy ako hanggang Pasig.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok naman silang lahat don kaya lang talagang disaster ang inabot nila hanggang 2nd floor ang tubig sa kanila, ngayon ay naglilinis na sila kaya lang wala pa ring power at tel. don
jhiMARKian IL~TN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...hi tita lou, di ko po alam kung pano ko kayo kukumustahin sa nakita ko pong nangyari dyan sa tin sa countryside. thank God at okay po kayo at meann. kumusta na din po ang mga tito Oscar, tito Willie and kids, sana po ay maging maayos ang lahat. magko collect po kami ng coke for you. miss you all, ingat po lagi and Godbless!!! *jhi-mojah
kabalikat_3536

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FloraLou Cadawas wrote:
Hi

Perla Montes is ok, 4th floor unit siya sa Oasis One Ortigas (across Lifehomes Subd), half kilometer away from me. Mas malapit siya sa exit kesa sa akin. Her son Jeng from Vista Verde ay 4 na kotse raw ang nalubog nun family sa Vista Verde. Wala kasi second floor.
My family, relatives from Paete are still worried with our relative Gloria Ac-ac's family sa Brookside. Wala pa kasing nakakasagot sa text from Marikina and Cainta.
Talaga lang walang komunikasyon. One of my friends from Countryside texted na umalis na sila doon. even if her house is on the 4th floor building (she owns the bldg.). When people see the chance to leave , they do.
Kang Tita, thanks sa pag -alala. Am here at Doyit's place in Pilar Village in Las Pinas. Kuya Oscar had surgery at Medical City at worried yun lahat ng anak niya sa US. Mabuti kanina nag kausap sila. na relay ni Mel (asawa ni Wili) dahil office si Mel sa Makati , at napag dugtong-dugtong namin ang pangungumusta. Umiiyak na si May sa States. Ngayun at least kalmante na. Napakahirap talaga yung di nag kakaalaman.
Text me pag luluwas kayo. lalangoy ako hanggang Pasig.

ok po tita lou...hay buti maayus na ang mganda kong tita....PRAISE GOD TALAGA.....well tita yung anak na bunso po ito ni esti ...sec ako ng ina e JOKE...ingat na lang po lagi at ask na lang namin kay kaka elen yung number mo para matawagan po namin ikaw....ingat po....................

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: thanks god Reply with quote

dear flou,

thanks god you're okay.
tama ka, a miracle happened in your life. you are lucky, god loves you.
sige, have a rest and just relax.

cares,
mam amor
dt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: flouk Reply with quote

glad to know you're ok
nailigtas mo baga ang "kumot" na coke?
hamo simula uli tayo na magko - collect
at magbetanta ng Kape "Healty Coffee" baga
para may pang shopping!
take care!
FloraLou Cadawas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salamat sa mga pamangkin kong JhicelMarkIan, kay Maam Amor at kay DT...nakaligtas ang kumot na coke. Don't worry much about my collection...okay lang yun. Mababaw lang na concern iyon. God be with us always.
Ludy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou, hindi sumasagot si meshang, ewan namin kung bakit...huli naming kausap ay nung sabihin nya na hanggang dibdib raw ang tubig dun sa bahay ng kapatid nya na si louie. Maski sa bahay ay walang sumasagot...we're worried about nemie.

FloraLou Cadawas wrote:
Salamat sa mga pamangkin kong JhicelMarkIan, kay Maam Amor at kay DT...nakaligtas ang kumot na coke. Don't worry much about my collection...okay lang yun. Mababaw lang na concern iyon. God be with us always.

dt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: meshang is ok Reply with quote

daludz,
na-misplaced lang pala ni nemy yuong cellphone niya. nakavibrate pa, kblagg! ok narin si louie yuong kapatid niya.

dt
saidacdulay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nel's text message to Handsome Raul yesterday morning.....

Ok kami,. nakasalba,
Lubog ang bahay,
Bubong lang natira,
Nakalipad ang agila,
Angkas ang mutyang Sinta,
Salamat sa gilas ng agila,
Panimdim ng mga katoto ay dagling nawala
Mga alaala sa Diyos ay ipinabatid.

Thank God they are safe.

Flouks,

Miss you na...kol mo alo sa aking landline. I've been koling your pldt number but it just keeps ringing. I understand super laki yang mansion mo kaya baka hindi mo naririnig... Very Happy

Saida
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    USAP PAETE Forum Index -> Usap Paete All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum